Nerf vault! ASAP!

Considering the game is just offline raiding right now…I’d rather not nerf vaults. Will it piss off a few d bags, sure…that’s kind of the point.

2 Likes

Valuts are too OP! Devs should buffed cost to build because 125 Steel Reinforcement , 150 Hardened Brick and 40 Steel Bars. That balance is too high. I mean these materials are nothing for 600k HP. My tribe can build 100 Valuts. Bombs production is more demanding and this is totaly unbalanced
1 Valut = 80-100 Jars.

I lmao every time I see a post about Nerf vaults. As if it’s not easy enough to raid now all these lazy people want to make it even easier to steal stuff from others. It’s simple people grind for hours to build. They use vaults to protect this work. Now some lazy clan wants to break in steal everything even if they don’t need it and cry cause you have to work for a vault. Stop crying if it’s to costly for you people to bust a vault then walk away and farm the stuff yourself. We are getting nurfed enough from every angle. Why because lazy azz people want it handed to them. Stop your crying and farm like everyone else or just go play Minecraft.

5 Likes

Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but could treat vaults as altars.
There’s a certain amount of space needed between them.

One per person?! hmmm, that sounds a bit to harsh, but I could work with it

How does limiting storage space and having a minimum required space between two vaults sound?

yes, i already elaborated this idea somewhere ^^

Interesting solution would be to implement same logic as it is for religions / altars. You will learn Vault and you can upgrade it 3x to increase the storage and HP. Placing Vault would also create restriction area for another Vault (just as it is with altars). They should also add trebuchet mechanics in terms of Vault Platform + Vault its self. So you need to place platform first, then build vault on top of it and upgrade it 2x to reach current HP but It should have more storage in that case. Vault would be more expensive yet still effective way of storage.

Also i think it would be good if Vault were smaller (20-30% smaller comparing to current size?)

Max per clan won’t solve anything if players leave the clan, create a vault, and then join back. Have a minimum distance that vaults can be close to each other. Have the distance be fairly large so large bases could only support 2 vaults if they are on the opposite side of the base.

Also make it so this radius doesn’t count as claimed areas so it won’t interfere with siege weapons or griefing large areas.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me but I honestly don’t know why anyone nor clan needs more than 2 vaults. I have a large base I only use one vault. You keep the hardest to get things in it. I only keep a set of tools armor and benches ant thralls. Basically enough stuff to rebuild if I’m hit. Even then my vault isn’t full. I can build an entire new base with what’s in vault and still have room. So why do people think they need more than 2 per clan at the most.

1 Like

I ask everyone wanting to nerf vaults, what is the reasoning for wanting to nerf the vaults? Is it so you can destroy them and get into them, or is it to prevent vault spamming, or something else?

On the first issue, wanting to raid them. This is one of the few ways people can viably protect their possessions. It shouldn’t be easy to steal others belongings. Especially when they work harder than you in gathering those resources than you do in stealing them. It’s fair that you should work for what you plunder.

On the second issue, not wanting vaults spammed everywhere. Require vaults to be in proximity to a base and attached to the decay time of the base. If a base decays, vaults decay. So the existence of vaults is tethered to the bases existence. Solved.

2 Likes

Go to your PVE server and build as many vaults as you like but no for PVP servers. PVP servers mean PvP! not building building like crazy. You can Running away in PvP is near to 100% successful and build another valuts. Repairing while someone is raiding your house. Very nice if someone try to raid your base you just need an repairhammer and ressources to counter.

Exactly. I think a good way to stop the vault spam is tie it to a bed location. If your bed is placed then vault can only be so far from it. If you place a vault say in some random location out of base it needs to have a few hour decay. Only way around that is to place your bed within proximity of it. This in return speeds up decay of existing vault. The more members claimed beds near vault the longer the decay timer. This alone would fix the vault spamming.

Ok, very valid points.

What about using vaults as walls? They’re super cheap to make and people are doing this a lot.

Just ensure the space required to place a vault takes up more space than it occupies. So if you spam vaults next to each other, it allows for a walkway path in between them. If people can get around vaults then they don’t serve well as walls. This walkway space could apply for environmental obstructions too, so you can’t put vaults blocking a cave tunnel unless there is room to walk around them.

I can’t picture using vaults as walls. I understand the concept and why. However I still like my base to look good.

In my server I have noticed the nicer bases don’t really get hit hard the ugly boxes get smashed.

Just like in real life, the wonders of the world and places of value, people always try to preserve. Interesting.

1 Like

Yeah I have a castle built looks like whiterun Castle off of Skyrim. It has never been hit I get messages from people wanting a tour of it all the time.

Let me correct myself had one. It disappeared due to me gone too long I’m in progress of rebuilding it now.

1 Like

There are some different ways to balance this, to be honest i just think they should cost more and maybe have a limit of how many you can build per clan.

However, they could also make them have less hp or make it so people can see how much is inside the vault. I’m not saying they should be able to see exactly what is inside, just how many slots are full :smiley:

It is really disappointing when you raid a vault and then it’s empty.

or full of branches ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What can destroy a vault in pve? maybe a purge, if you don’t defend it…

Why are singleplayer people always so angry and fell like they are the only players that matter… this is with out a dough a pvp issue…

However, i don’t mind that you write your opinion. just think about it form a pvp perspective and don’t be a jerk and compare this to the heal thing…