New combat system after last update - Are you crazy?

What I think also:
Villagers are “Trash Mobs”. A Level 60 hero has Dungeons, Bosses and other toys. I do not want to Need hours defeating always the same and same trash mobs.
Nobody complained that you could take a thrall in sepermeru and running through the city with your victim. It would have been realistic, when all would have attacked you then. Sorry, Level -up content should remain somehow “trivial” when you are a strong Level 60 Hero in Epic armour with legendary weapons.
It becomes tiring when you allways have to defeat “thousands” of trashmobs again and again when you only want to look if your favorite thrall is there. And a leveling char should have a chance at least if he is careful to get his desired thrall/recipe.
So - it was nice as it was before. The aggroing system now is exaggerated - beside all the NPC vs NPC glitches where imps are killing turtle babies.

2 Likes

Yes, we shiny heroes slaughter them and feed our gods with their meat, eating their hearts while their blood drains the sand making their wifes our slaves and… oh, there are no children

lol well as you can come off the slave road at the bottom not far at all from the dregs maybe a 2 min run, its very possible and one of the first things I do, run down to the end of the road, run to get the Dafari weapons , climb the mountain , then climb over to get the obelisk. Climb down and back to mountain and then back to run up to the sentinels collect and level as I go, I do it every single restart.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

That second image? That looks amazing! That was what I wanted the game to be like. Finally, I have a reason to go back and try to level a new character to 60.

2 Likes

I also just tried it. Level 31, no armor (fibre clothes), iron sword. Tessa the blade with iron truncheon as support.
I’ve got the same opinion. Difficulty was very similar. If you progress slowly, and kill one after another, it is absolutely no problem. The biggest difference is that the enemies follow you now much longer. So running in, looking for good thralls, running out… that’s gonna be difficult :wink:
Too bad I didn’t get the witch doctor :frowning:

Game is far too easy. Every step Funcom takes to make it so it’s not a walk in the park is a good thing.

Don’t go running into a main camp with weak weapons and armor, low level, and no thralls or pets.

9 Likes

True, but this here is not a bug - it is intentional.

And it’s awesome.

3 Likes

Yep and if you’re somewhere that the mobs hit REALLY hard, you’re so screwed! This was an unannounced change–I guess they thought giving you the ability to ride your horse with a thrall follower would make you invulnerable. LOL! Pretty lame since I think it is “working as intended” rather than being a bug.

Run Forest Run!

I do believe the new A.I. system is better… but… i might say it could use a bit of a fine tunning… when it comes to npc aggro… it’s like a little too much i think… a little… they see you / hear you, from a bit too far now…

It’s a bit similar to fall damage… used to be lame… like fall down an entire mountain and only get 25% damage… now u fall off only 2 units of foundation and get around 50% + damage… thats pushing it over the limit…

1 Like

Maybe because they knew people would complain and didn’t want to hear it?

It’s a survival game. Yeah the AI is more challenging now and it is frustrating, it’s a learning curve. I’d rather see the team focused on fixing the bugs with Thralls after this patch than see them waste time on making this game way too easy all over again.

Btw, they did mention NPCs would be more receptive and engage players differently. They’ve been hinting it for a while.

1 Like

Hey there,

Just jumping in quickly to address the claims about this being an unannounced change. From the patchnotes:

It’s in the final release patchnotes, and has also been on Testlive for over a month. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I went and had some fun at the Summoning Place yesterday. Having half of the camp chasing me out when I ran to get some distance was absolutely awesome! Just wanted to say I love this particular change.

We’ll address those instances where the leash mechanic is malfunctioning.

3 Likes

I personally like the change, now it really feels like fighting against a wild horde of cannibals that want to rip you apart and eat your flesh cooked on some vile altar.

2 Likes

Now I imagine setting an ambush by bringing several archer thralls, placing them on guard at a nice distance from the Summoning Place, going to provoke a camp full of crazed cannibals and leading them to their doom where my archers pepper them full of arrows. So cinematic!

But yeah, sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

3 Likes

I just did a server wipe and started a new playthrough on stock settings in a new game with just a few quality of life mods installed. There is absolutely nothing harder at all about the new AI changes and this falls on bad player behavior.

-AI is NOT harder at all and leashing works just like the million mmorpgs out there now which is a good thing, no more cheesing mechanics in a endless kite around the entire map to solo group content.

-Going into the sinner refuge to get named thralls at noob river is still just as easy as ever nothing about the AI changed there. And knocking out named got much easier because now if you accidentally cause too much damage you can run them away and they go back to full health but still have their knock out bar down so you can work named thralls much easier if you make a mistake and hit them.

-Running blindly into a camp will get you killed how it should be , use tactics it works fine and not everything is tied into one large agro pit. I went into the toughest agro camp on noob river last night the dredge dafari camp and had no issues focus pulling them in ones and twos. When archers attacked go behind a rock or ledge they will still come to you.

-Tame a named thrall and all camps regardless of size become easy mod and you can go right back to running into camps without using tactics as they still destroy everything with just one tier 4 thrall which are super easy to get now and you should have on day 2 or 3 once you can make a wheel of pain.

So not sure of all the crying going on here nothing is harder. If anything the AI is getting much smarter with the latest patch and is something this game needed. Go look at Ark years later. T Rex still getting stuck in trees and on rocks. You want to talk about terrible AI you can kill a T Rex or other dinos in ark with a common bow…that says a ton about how good the AI is now in CE compared to its other competition in survival games.

3 Likes

Sorry OP, but i cannot agree with you.
This is an amazing update and it is far from unplayable for singleplayer. That place is the main hub of the Darfari and it’s supposed to be difficult, maybe your character is low level so i advise you to go somewhere else.
Learn new tactics and get used to move more, upgrade yopur weapons or steal some from other camps,

And by the way, maybe it was functional before, but there was a lot of room for improvement.

3 Likes

Well great this update did a few good thing and it did half way work before but this update has not amazing for many of us, if you real the amount of bug reports from people who had to make profiles on this forum just to report a new bug its frustrating.

So for example just 3 of them I have along with a few others , all of which have been report and have been by many on the forums. These issues have nothing to do with low level or not knowhing how to play or engage a mod of wild npcs? Btw the Dregs worked before this patch , it was fixed quite awhile ago and puff old bug comes back so not so its not been so awesome for many players.

So now horses walk with front legs 2 feet of ground and back legs down in mesh.

The Boss does not engage ever no matter what you try.

A new Paid DLC which the bed is useless.

1 Like

1 Like