NEW Map problems

Man, given how many people are tearing their clothes and gnashing their teeth at the mere news of a new map, part of me is wondering if I shouldn’t just avoid this place altogether for a while when it actually drops…

3 Likes

But that would take time away from playing on the new map!

1 Like

They did change how they are doing things; thats why the current update is on testlive only for the moment.

You mean like all the other times they had it on testlive? When it still broke the game.

1 Like

The game has never been broken for me, so I’m not sure what you’re going on about.

You must be one of those “I’m not having any problems with the game, so it must not be happening” guys, yeah? You’re lucky.

I’ve had the game since early access and I’ve had several occasions, which I’m currently experiencing yet again, where a patch or hotfix made the game unplayable for me and there have been plenty of posts on these and other forums showing that it’s not just a few people this has happened to. It’s always been a patch or hotfix that has improved or made it worse. We used to hear about it more, but I have little doubt that a lot of the people affected have moved on. I’ve nearly thrown in the towel on Funcom on more than one occasion.

This thread was posted by Funcom in December of '18…yet here we are with the same issues.

It’s not unreasonable for someone to surmise: unresolved issues + new map = potential disaster.

Making comments like yours to an already angry and frustrated person who’s been dealing with serious issues from a game they clearly love and have shelled out cash for doesn’t help the situation one little bit.

1 Like

Being angry and defensive doesn’t help. Having bugs is not the same as the game being “broken”. Ive experienced many bugs over the years and none have made the game what I would call “broken”. Taking the discussion to that level is unserious and will get the appropriate response. None at all.

Perhaps not, but it’s a perfectly normal human response to paying for something and having it not work correctly.

In nomenclature only. This is about performance issues as stated in the title of the link I’ve provided. Bugs can cause performance issues, thus, bugs can break games.

Not serious to you because you’re not having the same problems others are. And since you’re not, maybe it would be better if you didn’t respond since you have no frame of reference upon which to base your argument. Since you’re not experiencing these problems and lack that frame of reference, how can anyone take your responses seriously?

Lucky you then. The majority had their thralls revert to level 1 [dancers] (I think it was dancers), crippling lag spikes, rubberbanding, critical errors that crash entire servers, and a slew of other problems all following major content updates that render the game unplayable until Funcom roles out a patch for it 3 weeks later.

We had rubberbanding; but that was all of 10 sec tops of wait. Hardly earth shattering.

It’s actually still happening for some people. The fix did something but it wasn’t 100%.

I think the following is going to happen.

I believe the map will be added onto. Like they have in the past with the Frozen North.

They can easily add onto the map opening sections of the Green Wall. They have done it before without wiping a server.

Alternatively we could be in a position where we go full Encumbrance build. Carry what we can and call it a day.

My biggest concern about the new map is purely on a PVP centric side.

If the servers are not wiped then there is nothing preventing a clan from living in the new map sections and raiding people who don’t have the new map without fear of retaliation.

My sinking suspicions are that we will have new map servers and legacy servers. In which people who have the new map will join as a fresh start. While those on the legacy server will continue on.

I am concerned about a lot of things.

To be honest if they wiped nearly a year and a half of my work. I would not be eager to start over. Not with the changes they made to hardened steel and other recipes.

But. I’ll reserve my judgment for when the new map is brought to the table and we have facts.

Speculation really does breed negativity

1 Like

Sorry the developer said no as new map only. As the server can hold 40 users loading around the map at different locations as each player seeing there area. Expanding the map would exceed the server ability loading more graphics for player. I think if expanded would have to drop the user limit down from 40 to maybe 30 so the server could handle…

If I had to guess, it will more than likely be as if coming into a new server, no levels, now thralls, no base, nothing. Id really like this because you wouldn’t have clans moving half a map of landclaim to the new server and blocking absolutely everything.

What about the clans that not block and have collected rare item no longer offered in the games. I want all thralls and unused materials, inventory to import. Still screwed with G-Portal private server as it can only handle 1 map and if users not all upgrade it’s a mess…

1 Like

I hate to burst your preservation bubble, but there is this thing known as starting over, people do it sometimes. If you want to play on the new map, you should start new again. If you want to keep your old stuff, stay on the old map.

This is why there would be legacy servers that would not have the new map but the old one. This was the main point and solution. But we no nothing yet. So we can’t say if something can or can’t be done.

Mounts had the sane argument at one point.

The default map isn’t only going to be relegated to “legacy servers,” come on. When has a game like this come out with a new map as optional paid DLC and completely replaced any previous maps with it except for a handful of servers? That makes no sense.

I have rare items too(world breakers with 112-115% armor pen, whirlwind and havoc and malice stats from before nerf and even venom infused items that can’t apply poison(broken ones from back when you could stack poison on them, would end up breaking it to not apply poison)) but I would not want to pull these things to a new server, a new start is nice especially with a new map.

I have no idea, But i dont think that the new map will force the player to leave the old map, I simply belive that it will be an expansion to the existing map, as it was (correct me if iam wrong i did not play conan at the time) When the Highlands and North was added for example.

It might be done as a “GTA” type, That you will be “able to cross” a bridge to a new part of the world as you get a key o fragment or whatever when you buy the DLC.

I hope that you will be able to interact with the old and new places that wont split the playerbase either.