No meteors on Siptah anymore?

a week or so ago I decided to return to official pve 6455 server where I have a level 60 character, in roughly a day I was ready to harvest meteors for starmetal, but meteors seems to no longer drop there.
I’ve also tried staying in the center between storm to see if I could provoke a drop, but nothing ever happens besides a new storm.
I need to say that the server population has dropped drastically, there are rarely more than 1 to 4 players online and sometimes I am all alone, don’t know if that means something, but I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar :slight_smile:

I had a meteor shower right in front of my eyes 2 days ago and I do find meteors on the ground. They are not removed for sure but I think the spawn rate might have been lowered confirmed by Hugo that there were no changes in the rates.

2 Likes

Hello, there were no intentional changes to meteor rates but we’ll verify this matter to determine if there’s any issue with them.

8 Likes

Thank you for officially confirming that, Hugo.

2 Likes

Thank you both of you @Hugo and @Narelle :slight_smile:
I do have a question though, can anyone please tell me what exactly trigger meteors to fall?

Presence around the Tower both during and between storms doesn’t seem to trigger them to fall, I have tried this 3-4 times with no result.
I did meet another player this morning who also was looking for meteors, we talked a little about it, he didn’t know what triggers them but as in my case, he also hasn’t been able to find any meteors for some time.
He said that there usually always were meteors between storms when he got there, again it has to be said that the server is very low on population, at that point we were the only players online - Hopefully we will find/get a solution because advancing without starmetal is pretty hard since it is a requirement for most late game stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am fairly confident that as long as you play on a server (not in single-player), the population shouldn’t matter and the meteor showers should spawn with or without any players online (at least from my experience on my test server).

2 Likes

Once again thank you for the info, so if meteors spawn automatically on servers then there’s definitely something wrong because there hasn’t been meteors spawning for many days on our server :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yesterday we finally had meteors spawn again on our server for the first time in a long time, and today they are still spawning :ok_hand: :+1: :muscle:
Either someone fixed the server or it may be because both today and yesterday there have been people online summoning a surge, don’t know what fixed it… I don’t care as long it is possible to get star metal then I am happy :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

yeah same on pve 6426 was 2 weeks before i saw some fall and im on everyday

The past 5 days been roughly the same on pve 6455 except for 1 day where meteors dropped and that day there was a summoned surge, so it seems like meteor drops are connected to summoned surges, but the thing that confuse me is that some people say they drop on their servers constantly with and without summoned surges :face_with_monocle:

I can double check this. I have not summoned a surge on my test server in days and I have been the only one logging for not more than a few mins in my base which is far from the meteor area. I will report if I can find any meteors or not.

2 Likes

I logged and I couldn’t find any meteors. I waited 5 storm cycles in the tower area and I did not get a meteor shower. I am sure this was not the case some weeks ago. I would be the first to log on my server some hours after restart and I would go farm star metal because I could always find meteors but we did summon a surge almost daily. It might be completely unrelated but there is definitely something not quite right with the meteor showers on Isle of Siptah.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Narelle for testing it on your server :slight_smile:
Well at least we now know that it isn’t just us on 6455 who found out that something is wrong with the meteor spawns :slight_smile:

3 Likes

During my previous test, I summoned a T1 surge and left it there (did not complete it) to see if this will trigger the meteor showers. No, it didn’t. So I logged off and restarted the server, I went afk for 2 hours. Logged back in to see if there was any change and there were quite some meteors on the ground even though no one has been online during those 2 hours. Coincidence? RnG? Something else?

EDIT: I’ve got a meteor shower about 5 storm cycles later (during a storm).

2 Likes

Earlier today I was checking around the center tower, there were no meteors as expected.
I then decided to harvest spiders, dead trees at the entrances + iron and other stuff, suddenly I heard meteors and saw what looked like 4 meteors dropping, sadly I never got to them because a couple of minutes later the storm started and I had to log off because I had RL stuff to do, but I suppose they still fall, just very rarely and random since I did nothing that I hadn’t done many times before without seeing a single meteor drop.

2 Likes

I have found that the meteors accurately drop where their trails suggest, but also in the game-day mornings. They are certainly not as frequent in the past, but then they are meant to be a little rare - I know I was a little tense because a clan got to the drop zone before me and cleaned up completely so I had to wait till they next spawned some game-days later (and that time I heard their sonic boom before seeing them). Skyfall Ridge is a good bet generally.

2 Likes

You make some good points and I kinda agree that starmetal should be somewhat rare, but if they mainly drop in the mornings and with days between then a lot of people won’t have much luck getting them, we also have to remember that starmetal is needed in almost all craftable epic weapons, some armors, tools, fridges and all master upgrades if you have that unlocked, so having close to no access is a deal breaker in late game.
Out of frustration I went to an official pve server(Exiled Lands) where I had a level 60 character, and when I was ready I found myself in the same boat… Nearly no meteor drops, well at least not in the afternoon and evening where most people have time to play a little, that would push the balance of the game in favor for those who can play at any time of the day, not a good solution in my book :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t know what is going on, intentionally or a bug, but starmetal needs to be more accessible, at least in different times of the day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good news. From TestLive:

2 Likes

Woot Woot!

It did seem a bit variable to me as well but I’m a Test Live novice so hate to speak out unless 100% certain on something!

I wonder : FC if your reading this, as you like adding server customization commands any chance of a Meteor storm intensity slider? So we can make star metal as easy or hard as seems good to us by dialing up or down the amount of rocks that fall?

Siptah appears (When they fall at all) to have more than the 6 or so I clock in EL regularly? Is that just me folk or WAI?

Rats! :slight_smile: It was keeping the bratlings on the servers on their toes - and crafty players are happy players.