I agree with this assesment, but based on the numbers a majority of competitive gamers don;t have 8-10 hours a day to do this. And thus low numbers on PVP servers. And low numbers means low DLC buys…so IF i was running the business, i would worry less about the lower number of payers who do and can play 8-10 hours a day, and more about the the players who can play 2-3 hours a day. Every successful business model says bring in customers, not cater to ones who hurt my profits. So if players can’t control themselves and not spam just for spam sakes, then i would step in. Funcom is doing that. And lets be honest, most that block the brimstone, also spam full grids around their base, and around key areas. Thus, if a clan only built a base at shattered springs, and walled in the brimstone so they had the only access as the only “strategic” tactic, it would be one thing. but then they block as many obs as they can, build kill zones to camp obbs, and will trickle 1000 foundations between every base so refresh on the dead server is easy once a week. If you don’t see that, then you are not paying attention on official PVP servers.
Maybe the fix on Official PVP is right in front of us…No clans on PVP officials. Think about it? Clanning up only helps those that play longer hours. If every clan was solo, then friendly fire would make it hard to bring uber thralls on joint raids, and players that wanted to build massively would have to maintain their own event log, refreshes, etc… Clanning was a good idea if the game played like a team shooter, but in reality, survival should be one player vs the server, and any friendships should not over benefit, whith is what the clanning up does. Blocking obbs would only benefit the player who blocked it, not 9 other players. Meaning if a friend wanted to access it, the lone player who blocked it would have to get on and open it up for them.
Really? This from someone whose first post was:
No, Funcom are not making it “difficult to report”. They need to make sure that they don’t ban anyone who is innocent. There are two ways they can do that:
- Let anyone report anything without a proof and then go spend a lot of time on every report they receive, verifying the claims in it.
- Make everyone include evidence with their report and then go spend a little time verifying that evidence.
Since there are many more players than Funcom staff, it makes more sense to ask players to include evidence.
Hmm. Should we submit recordings of party talk (not in-game)? I doubt screenshots will help since it doesn’t include the vocal recordings.
![]()
Not in-game? Does that mean you’re using something like Discord?
It’s integrated on the PS4. It’s called parties. Yes, not in-game.
Let me point out the the in-game version is… safer.
Oh, I play on PC, so I didn’t know the term. I was just trying to figure out whether they were harassing you in a way that is preventable without diminishing your game experience or not.
To give you an example of what I’m trying to figure out, on PC I might use Discord for voice chat, but I’ll do that voluntarily, with people who I want to talk to. So if someone starts screaming at me on Discord, I can either ban them (if it’s my Discord server) or talk to that Discord server’s admin. But if they’re harassing me in global chat, I can’t do much there without diminishing my in-game experience: I can mute them, but I’ll still see other people replying to their toxic BS or I can turn off chat and miss out on my communication with other people.
What I’m driving at – and this is my personal opinion and does not have anything to do with Funcom – is that if I have means to deal with it without impacting my in-game experience, I’ll do that; otherwise I’ll report them to the appropriate authority.
Does that make sense?
this is where the whole harassment thing gets foggy…if you invite an enemy into your chat, then it is on you to kick him, or start a private party. I think what Funcom is looking into as harassment, is spam messaging you over and over, using degrading and “Trigger” words. Not i got in a party to talk to them, we argued, they insulted me type of things. If it is in game chat (vocal one) then reality is you can mute that. Again, i think Funcom is after printed words that are spammed to an extent, not just a back and forth where they may have crossed the lines once or twice in the thread.
I always ignore messaging, tends to stop after 2 or three.
I only do private party chats, rarely going into game chat on PS4.
If a clan is using catch words in their name and player names, i tend to ignore. But if they start spamming signage and harassing other players, that is where Funcom will jump in. And my experience is people who use catch words tend to start harassing relatively quickly, as that is the game for them, not actually Conan…
So if you recorded them while in YOUR PARTY chat, that is really on you, as it is easily resolved by you. If you have screen shots of them spamming messages non stop with harassment tones, then they may step in.
Makes sense. Funcom pointed me in the right direction. In the meantime, I deleted “friends” and ghosted. I’ll be back, sometime after the next major patch, on a different account. Until then, I come here to help and discuss mechanics.
I agree, and that reflects on private servers. I like officials, however. Only use ps4 parties with those you really know.
I rather play than having to deal with a diminished experience, too.
See, I told you we agree on more things then we thought…
Your example is precisely why farming needs to be nerfed, and raiding materials put back to where they used to be, damage wise. And, bring gods back in as nukes. All spam problems solved (because remember, a god can wipe spam like no other)
^^^^ Is what Ive been saying for a long time. On the gods part, it was oh, likely about the better part of over 2 years now. I can remember on the first server I ever played on, #203, using nerfed gods against a base up on a pillar. 2 Yogs couldn’t destroy crafting stations. Been sheet ever since.
Totalmente de acuerdo