Oh my god, the new AI rocks!

Not just the thrall AI but NPCS as well. Was just dinking around today and went by the pirate ship and the pirates were all over me like stink on “you know what”. Almost killed me and I was wearing full flawless epic heavy armor.

I also notice that my thrall following me does not warp like it used to. My thrall was super responsive in combat as well.

Only downside I noticed was our official server getting some really bad intermittent ping. I was using the console command “ToggleDebugHUD” to monitor server ping. It would jump to about 600 to 700 ms and stay there for about 20 seconds then drop back below 100 ms. Pretty sure it was not my connection as I would simultaneously ping the server from within a DOS window and while the server was reporting high ping in game, the ping I was getting reported from the DOS window was always under 100 ms. Seems like the server was just choking every now and then.

Other than that, this new patch is amazing.

Edit May 9th:
Well no more lag spikes for almost two days now… So makes me wonder. Maybe it wasn’t the server and we were just getting DDoS attacked on that one day?

12 Likes

Yes is nice

2 Likes

Do they still sink under the ground and become useless on boss fights?

3 Likes

The Ai is abit more aggressive and will …basically call in everyone at camp. Solo… few locations are just kinda fusrating now.

There animantions are so bonkers now thou, You’ll hit them, and there flinch aniamntion cause them to put there own arms thru there body in weird ways. Its mostly creepy… and hard to tell when there about to swing there sword so you can roll… specially when there shield arm is somehow backwards, and sword arm is going thru chest and sticking out there left arm after taking a arrow, LOL.

yes

2 Likes

I noticed near the newbie river, imps are now constantly at war with turtles. You stay put and watch them rip each other to shreds. The imps even go after the baby turtles, you see the poor babies trying to escape only to get one shotted by an imp. It’s…kind of sad. Poor turtles. :frowning:

8 Likes

What are you waiting for, kill the imps and save the little turtles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

7 Likes

I logged in yesterday and saw volcano NPCs fighting each other. Something’s wrong with the NPC AI.

6 Likes

I tried, I didn’t get there in time. In the next few days I am making it my mission to save as many turtles as possible. Those nasty imps.

6 Likes

The shellbacks are considered sacred in my kingdom and I put to death anyone who harms or maims such peaceful creatures.

So many archers lost… :smiley:

5 Likes

It maybe something done on purpose, cause NPCs in volcano now attack T4 NPCs, specifically Eris, Kistis and other two bowers

They mob you more now… wasnt expecting that

1 Like

I love the fact that if you enter a camp the entire camp is defending their home. It’s immersive. :slight_smile:

Edit: I just made a Sinner’s refuge brimstone run. Lest assure, they didn’t like me in their cave :laughing:
Love the new mob feature. I hope it doesn’t get removed.

6 Likes

These were two T3 alchemists that spawn at the Terrace of the Tenders fighting the T3 fighter that spawns on that little bridge that leads from there towards the staircase to Devotees. I can’t think of a reason why they would do this on purpose.

Starting over with full vanilla 1x across the board for server settings may have been a bad idea… this is brutal. Just tried to ride thru skulkers end on my horse and ended up getting hemmed in by darfari something like a horde of zombies… and they proceeded to kill me and then continue beating on my poor horse till it was just a corpse… no more drive bys I guess…

5 Likes

I like it, the only problem I’ve had is a missing command. Mainly if I have a pet or horse following me. I think the command would be labeled something like:

‘BACK THE F*** UP OFF ME, LIKE J*SUS WHY IS YOUR FACE RESTING ON MY SHOULDER ALL THE F’ING TIME’

Other than that missing command, I like all the AI changes.

6 Likes

now the fighting is harder.

Agree

The volcano is a rough place to scratch a living. The only export worth anything is ash. I expect the thralls I get out of there to be supreme since they’ve gone through a Darwinian process.

4 Likes