PC freezing bug

1. You have Windows Defender. It’s basically crap. First you will have to exclude the Conan directory from all scans. Then afterwards I recommend disabling it, and getting a real AV solution like Bitdefender. (You’ll want to exclude Conan from that as well.)
    At a minimum exclude the Conan directory, though I personally recommend excluding all of Steam so it covers all your current games, plus any you add later.

2. Go into Chrome’s options, and tell it not to run background tasks when Chrome is closed. Then close Chrome before you are playing. You only have 8GB RAM, and Chrome with a few extensions can easily use half of that fast.

3. Flux is a bit dated, but it’s not a bad program. Shouldn’t be running when you’re playing though.

4. GlobalMeet for Desktop is another one to shutdown when you’re playing. 8GB is entry-level RAM these days. You want the game to be able to use as much as it can, and you don’t have a lot of overhead after the OS takes it’s 1.2GB.

5. Your drivers seem to be up to date, but follow these steps…
    a. Download this driver
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/147182
    b. Once it’s downloaded, right-click it and choose “Run as Administrator”.
    c. Choose the install to do ONLY the driver. NO GeForce Experience.
    d. Choose “Advanced settings”.
    e. Un-check the HD Audio driver.
    f. Check the box for “Perform a clean installation”.
    g. Once it’s completed, reboot your computer.

6. Since you have an AMD CPU, be sure to check this thread…
    AMD Workarounds Thread

That’s what I’ve got so far. Sorry for the delay, I was writing this while doing squad missions. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes