People just can't stop complaining

I was going to respond with a long winded and unnecessary answer, but it’s just not worth it. We all have our own perspectives, you’re welcome to yours it makes no difference to me. I enjoy the game even with the bugs present. I hope you do too.

3 Likes

What I personally am saying is that is this: I) We do not yet know the underlying cause of this disruption. It may well be related to the most recent ps4 update. I know that the last one prevented me from playing offline unless I manually disabled the internet connection in the ps4 dashboard; details Here. So do people suppose that this issue may be on Sony’s end, and perhaps even be related to the most recent update, even more so when we consider that the other platforms arent having any issues? Perhaps we should wait until the cause has been identified until before we begin dispensing criticism and insults? II) Expressing frustration and providing criticism where it is due is one thing. God knows I have done my share of it too. However, being toxic, blatantly insulting others and trolling (which I have seen much of in that thread) is not necessary to achieve this. Especially when we consider, as far as I know, that we do not yet yet know who is at fault.

6 Likes

I’ve already stated I agree with that and that it should be called out and/or flagged wherever it happens. What I objected to was OP seeing that thread and then creating a completely different one, under the banner of “positivity”, in which he or she proceeds to extrapolate that kind of behavior to everyone who complains and attack them in general.

It’s definitely easier to go bash everyone indiscriminately instead of going case by case, although I’m doubtful it’ll help in any way. However, doing it and calling it “positivity” is just… unsavory is the most polite word I could find.

To be honest, I don’t even care that much anymore. This definitely isn’t the first time something like that happened on these forums and it sure as hell won’t be the last time, either. I still remember the follower cap feedback thread and how people with legitimate concerns and criticisms kept being called names and attacked with everything from strawmen to ad hominems.

I guess I’m just tired of people being called whiners, haters and worse, regardless of whether their complaints are valid or not. I guess it’s time to take a break from these forums again.

5 Likes

Three bugs. He left off a comma after sir. :wink:

1 Like

Wait! What? You can just walk away from that?
That gave me a visual that I got a good laugh out of, thanks!

1 Like

For the record CodeMage, I never once insinuated that you were a hater. I actually agree with you on a lot of things. :smiley:

3 Likes

couple details that I can speak to. I just installed the latest playstation update today and I had the issue last night, so that’s likely unrelated from my naive view. My gportal server now has an extra 1.5 GB of RAM so there’s that little nugget. Also a new devkit was released today (saw chatter about that).

So… if I were to SPECULATE (I all caps that to recognize that if you were to put on a tinfoil hat while reading the rest, I wouldn’t fault you), I’m suspicious that the next server patch to match the next ps4 game client patch for Conan got prematurely loaded and when the client looked at the server list, it saw none, and the game may have interpreted that as “no psn network available”… just speculation… Sherlock Holmes would be ashamed of me I’m sure but I got nothing better to do right now than speculate…

3 Likes

Well said

I agree with alot you’re saying and maybe I could be better at putting my thoughts into text. Yes, complaints are good and any kind of feedback is awesome, that’s how games get fixed. I’ve put in a couple complaints myself. But for people just to say that the game has never worked and its 100% unplayable is so far from the truth. That’s all I was trying to say.

3 Likes

Last thing they said was they got a patch for this patch and waiting for it to be approved any new news thats not 6 hrs old?

Fact.

1 Like

Welcome to the internet, Are you new?

4 Likes

That presumes someone would be dumb enough to see their house continually be surrounded by ■■■■ and stay there anyways well past the point of escape.

I would have understood your point, if you were saying that the complaints about the game being lagging have nothing to do with the server being down. Which would be true. But invalidating their opinion about the next-to-persistent state of the game, because you don’t have those issues or you simply don’t want to believe what others say they experience doesn’t make sense to me. In that sense you’re just behaving like the people you blame.

As much as it’s hard to understand, but some people complain because they’re actually compassionate about the game, maybe the same as you are. Some just don’t blindly accept any unjustified or unreasonable change that gets applied to the game.

The mentality simply is that if I sceptically ask for the reasons for that or if I express my disappointment, people that are high up their horses tell me how I have to think about it and everything funcom does is per se the best decision. And you see these kind of responses in ANY kind of post about issues with the game.

If the game I really like (not the server hosting) breaks almost every time a patch or update is released and game mechanics get changed because of reasons, yeah, it might make me feel disappointed.

1 Like

I am sorry but are we seriously comparing the level of commitment of buying a 40 eur game to the one of buying a house. The comparison is a bit out of proportion, don’t you think? Noone says don’t report bugs or stop expressing your opinion, what I find upsetting are the people who feel the need to offload a full truck of sh*t at Funcom’s door every time something goes wrong.

1 Like

See, I honestly don’t have a problem with gripes, legitimate or otherwise. It’s the expression of it that irks the ever-loving $#!t out of me because instead of being adults, far too often regress into literal children in how they complain. I disagree with a lot of the criticisms thrown at the game but then, I recognize that I’ve only been with the game for seven months and so the game’s far more polished than it was at it’s initial inception so I get the frustration of it feeling like the game is one step forward-two steps back for those who’ve been there that long.

But at the same time, why folks get so hyperbolic with their histrionics over a game is sad af. I’m not saying don’t criticize but I do wish people would be far more adult about it while doing so. “Entitled!” “Shills!” Catcalls galore and last O checked, this ain’t grade school. Folks need to grow up and learn the difference between constructive criticism and being an utter brat.

Edit: And learn that people who legitimately are enjoying the game (or trying to) aren’t corporate shills/fanboys/etc they’re just not going to get bent out of shape over a game.

4 Likes

sadly, you will find this kind of postings all over the internet. No matter which game it is. Hell, even in Reallife it is like that nowadays. People have no respect for eachother. Its like fighting a constant war about everything and no side will ever give in, because everybody thinks he/she is right.

If you ask me, everyone is entitled to have an opion about somthing and tell others how he/she is feeling about it. Some will agree, others not so much. Would I take everything personal what people called me over the years in games and forums and also reallife, well, I would be a total mess by now, sitting in the corner crying for my mommy all day long.

Honestly, I don´t care which company it is. I tell Rockstar the same as Funcom or my localy grocery store, if they screw stuff up. I am a customer to each and by offering me a product and taking my money for it, I want the best quality and service I can get for said money. And I will tell the company when I am unsatisfied and why. If my neighbors buy the same products as me and are unhappy and don´t complain about it then be it. And if they think they can still make a breakfast out of that bad food then it is their desition to make a doctors appointment the next day and get a food poison shot.

I think you get what I wanna say.

5 Likes

People do understand where it comes from tho’. Still doesn’t excuse the behavior. Like, you’re frustrated. That’s fine. But people are using that as an excuse to be total children at times.

Don’t tell Bethesda this. Seriously though, grow up. Things have bugs. This isn’t a billion dollar studio, it’s actually a relatively small team by current standards. Bugs are present in literally every game ever, which you might find out if you played any other games. Or maybe you’re just a hateful gremlin on their forums too. What I’m trying to say is basically maybe gaming isn’t for you. Go outside or something.

2 Likes

That’s far from what I’m saying. What I’m trying to say is the constant screaming and crying that game bad is also remarkably unproductive. Utilize bug reporting tools provided, don’t just scream into every outlet about how you hate the devs and ignasis burnt your house down while hugo kicked your baby. We all want to see the game improve obviously but shrieking about how it’s the worst thing ever doesn’t do that any quicker.

1 Like