Player built 'bases' which turn out to be inescapable traps

Would some of you kind sirs / madams please inform me whether it is against Funcom’s policy to build specific buildings where it is very easy to get in but due to the anti climb hidden by ramps it is impossible to get out without removing your bracelet…?

I only ask as there is a clan on official #1082 (who shall remain nameless… for now) that have built several of these traps throughout the map and I have seen people complain on the server because they have had to remove their bracelet to escape.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Official server #1082 is a PvP server.

I could understand complaining about something like this on a PvE server, where the only purpose of such a trap would be to grief other players, but this seems like a perfectly reasonable tactic in PvP.

9 Likes

Don’t know if it legal but it’s been around since PC early access saw video of trap house.

1 Like

Lol! I love trap bases. As far as I know, these are great ways for underdogs to nail the alpha on the server.

4 Likes

Honestly if this is a PvP server, I don’t see any problem with it.

I mean, no-one forced you to go into the base, right?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Curiosity trapped the cat!

Though if its a PvE server, that’s just…low :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I think, it is totally fine on any server. Just don’t enter bases without checking them out before and this has been around since launch

3 Likes

Agreed. If you are curious go naked and no inventory. PVE there is no reason other than curiosity, so why take tons os loot.

Side note, to escape on pve, pull bracelet then grab a nakwd named bearer and head back. scoop loot, put your armor and then weapon on bearer. Then make sure weapon is armed, take the 30 most important slots and give to bearer. pull bracelet (bearer will eventually go back home). if you 5 or 6 bearers/caravan pets, can get all your loot. Long workaround, but pve they can’t scoop your body. PVEc only scoop during window of combat.

1 Like

Theres nothing wrong with it on PVP,PVE-C OR PVE. Your at fault by going into someone else base. Next time stay out of players bases unless invited. Heres some good advice, never go into anyone’s base even if invited, never go in a open door, if you do better make sure theres a way out first. I learned this the hard way.Next time dont gat caught.

1 Like

Yes I have looted lots of bases on testlive by using my horse and then dying. Very good advice. Testlive servers have a anyone can open chests and benches if left accesible.

Hi @Harperson

If you would like to know more about this, please make sure you submit a report over on Zendesk .
You can read more about how to submit a ticket here: Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures