PLEDGE: Give us a HARD Block limit/ Placement pieces on Official Servers

I read that. :smiley:

The PvP balance issues ARE part of the game. Generally, I wouldn’t mind. Except that the game was marketed as “THIS CAR GOES 90 MPH”.

So yea. I don’t really care all that much. I don’t appreciate that they keep advertising a game that they won’t let you play on official servers. But Funcom can do what they want, and I can go find another survival game to repeatedly buy content for.

1 Like

Yup, it does 90 on the dedicated servers and private servers. Hell, it’ll do 120 with mods!

Official servers, sorry, that’s the Bus Lane…

You’re right there. Mods make this game great. I’ve modded this game, and its cool. I appreciate all the modders and the work they have put in for this game, but I personally feel like FC just cashing in on the work of modders. Aside from the promise of the advertising, the mods are what got me into Conan. But even on unofficial, I don’t really want to continue supporting a company that flip-flops on their stance, frequently releases broken builds unapologetically, pulls out the rug from under their customers as we have seen with the reversal of stance on fence stacking, the countless obvious, unfixed–even over years-- and constantly introduced bugs, their handling of thrall limit implementations, lack of transparency, and apparent lack concern for the health and well-being of their players in their game design. After 4300 hours, I’m out. Later peeps.

And another player that refuses to acknowledge a level of responsibility towards the enjoyment of all leaves…I’m starting to see the true wisdom of what FC is doing.

The problem solves itself in this case.

A small problem i see on PvE, not often but occasionally, is a large clan of 6 or 8 each building their own bases.

I’m not going to tell people how to play, but being in a clan means you can share buildings and storage. I never understood clanning up in PvE just to see everyone run off and build as if they were solo players.

I could understand building a fully functioning clan hall as the main build and having a few smaller scale scattered outposts to make adventuring easier. Like i said, this isn’t a too common occurrence but it does happen.

The issue i see people complain on my server the most is massive cubes that have one floor with benches around the walls and completely empty 2nd and 3rd floors with one or two beds and some dancers. I think that complaint comes down to the lack of creativity they see time and time again.

I’ve seen some beautiful buildings that were both big and well done, but those are rare. I’ve never seen anyone get banned or admin deleted for anything that wasnt breaking the land claim rule, it usually comes down to sectioning off an entire map grid because someone is fantasizing that its “their kingdom”.

1 Like

https://forums.funcom.com/t/funcom-for-hire/188734

The plus side is, no thrall spam possible, its way better than 6-8 solo players all using max allowed thralls and pets

Yeah, but I think server admins will also look at the number of pieces per clan when evaluating a remedy. I doubt it’s ever the most critical factor but if the report is about land claim, it’s marginally in violation and then the parts for the clan is 80K or something - that has an influence on what they decide to do.

That is one of my peaves about the ToS. They made crafting, harvesting, and even travel (exiles) lean toward building fast, and then say not to build too much. Counter intuitive is the words i used.

2 Likes

It’s not blocks, it’s that these giant bases are full on inventory resources in boxes. It starts to chug the servers when horded. Typically the big base is the player with a 100 storage containers of feathers and what not.

People get cleaned up for having to much crap in inventory. Block limits aren’t the issue

3 Likes

I thought this might be helpful to others so I wanted to share it.

Recently my clan and I were subject to a 14 day suspension for “land claim”. Lots of people on our server were. We were struck by one of those persons who like to transfer across servers and report bases. The person even bragged about reporting people and getting them banned. That’s whatever and done with, fine. I had some great friends in the game that preserved our stuff for us when our bases decayed.

I worked with one of the GM’s through Zendesk to basically ask… how do we prevent this from occurring again. We had no honest information on why we were banned other than “land claim”. We did not land claim, at least… not in the way someone would normally consider a “land claim spam”. We were a clan of 5. We had 2 primary bases (Jungle, Oasis). And we were running 2 outposts (Dregs, Sinkhole). We also had 1 wheel house at the volcano, and 2 QOL builds (Jungle Obelisk staircase, and a warming house on the frost bridge). There wasn’t anything “Claimed” around those areas. And no one on the server complained. At least not that I am aware of because had someone complained I would have removed or corrected whatever. But, as I ask… in a perspective of claim, nothing seemed “I was blokcing this as land claim”. So, I asked; If I don’t know specifically what we did as a clan then there’s no real way to not do it again. The GM was kind enough to explain the following:

“As long as you keep your base condensed in a specific area and don’t land claim around it or somewhere else on the map by building random things like bridges, foundations, fences, etc. you should be fine. We try to prevent that from happening because those kinds of land claims prevent other people from building their bases and structures.”

So… there is was. That I had multiple builds, that I had QOL builds, and that I had outposts was considered “land claim”. We took our punishment and lesson learned. When you’re wondering why you were suspended/banned for land claim when you “only have one modest build and three small outposts” … now you know.

7 Likes

Big if true. I don’t know if the TOS as written would lead an average CE players to this assumption. (Singular base/no QOL builds)

Edit:
On second thought I hope this is false information, otherwise FC is grossly disconnected with how we play CE. No fish trap bases, thrall wheel/animal pen bases, outposts, bait/trap bases, stash bases, QOL elevators, map rooms, or raid bases?

3 Likes

Would you kindly provide a screenshot of the GMs response please? Link to, w/e.

1 Like

I would strongly suggest anonymizing it before posting it. Otherwise, the whole thread will most likely get locked and de-listed. Not that I would mourn this particular thread, but the info would be useful.

4 Likes

Assuming that poster is telling the truth and accurately describing their builds, I suspect it was the quality of life structures that were the problem.

I have no idea where I read this, but I do vaguely recall that FC takes a dim view of “qol” improvements because it deprives new players of the experience of playing the game as intended.

3 Likes

https://forums.funcom.com/t/alert-unfair-banning-the-weponizing-of-the-report-system/189502

Here’s another, now the naming “unfair banning”, i’m not talking about that. Cause we have zendesk for those matters.

-But it is clear we need a limit, wether we like it or not, trust me i won’t like it. Like i did’nt like killing 400 thralls manually before the limit came into action, cause that took ages to be active.

The GM was kind enough to explain the following:

“As long as you keep your base condensed in a specific area and don’t land claim around it or somewhere else on the map by building random things like bridges, foundations, fences, etc. you should be fine. We try to prevent that from happening because those kinds of land claims prevent other people from building their bases and structures.”

Well then most of should start picking up pieces i guess if that’s the new policy.