Poll => Combat Changes

The implementation of the combat changes have proven controversial, and certainly polarizing among the Conan Exiles community. For any participants, the question before you is as follows:

Do you prefer the combat as it was in the Age of Sorcery Chapter 3, or as it is now in the Age of War Chapter 3?

Do you prefer the combat as it was in the Age of Sorcery Chapter 3, or as it is now in the Age of War Chapter 3?
  • I prefer the previous combat iteration, as it was in the Age of Sorcery Chapter 3
  • I prefer the current combat iteration, as it is in the Age of War Chaper 3
0 voters

Ps-if anyone dislikes the parameters of the poll or the way it is structured, they are most welcome to start their own.

17 Likes

Reserved for additions.

3 Likes

We need an option to vote for those who still have not been unbanned and can’t even play the new update

5 Likes

You can simply vote at a latter date @Tystin. :smiley: I have no plans on closing the Poll anytime soon. Adding an ‘I can’t try it yet’ option will only muddy the data, and not actually tell us if the person actually likes it or not.

5 Likes

Gotcha

2 Likes

Of course I chose the age of sorcery. I would even take age of war, chapter II at this point. :laughing:

But I remember my friends ranting about the combat changes that came with age of war. How sorcery builds became disadvantageous. They really enjoyed playing with corrupted perks and their unique mechanics. Many stopped playing back then.

Thank you so much for this poll. :heart: Great Idea.
I’m very curious how the votes will develop.

6 Likes

They need to revert these changes. Whether you PvE or PvP, it’s absolutely AWFUL.

13 Likes

You are absolutely welcome @Vys! Truth be told I kind of wish that the folks at Funcom would do Polls such as these now and again to gauge community sentiment.

There were one or two aspects of the current combat system I like. For example, I do like how enemies hit harder, and also the ability for players turn mid-swing, which was introduced last chapter. But the other things I dislike, and the way it is now just feels not enjoyable. Thankyou for your vote and for leaving your feedback Vys.

2 Likes

While I personally would not be as scathing as to say the changes are ‘awful’ DvntTears, I accept and respect you opinion, and I do feel like they are a step in the wrong direction. And as a preliminary observation, that seems to be the consensus among all of the modes. They have just made the combat feel rather unenjoyable, and feel kind of clumsy. It may be that it is not just PvE and PvP; for the sake of transparency, I am a purely Offline Singleplayer myself, and I must confess that I am not fond of the changes either.

3 Likes

Always that one guy- yeah thats me.

smile-gotg

3 Likes

That is cool Akomo, we are all entitled to our point of view. Besides the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same. :wink: :+1:

5 Likes

I sort of land in between so not sure which way to vote here. I don’t mind the player character combat change, the mouse-look directionality makes more sense to me than the floating camera and it makes PvP combat require more thought that poke poke poke
but the NPC’s now getting that ability where they insta-turn and hit you no matter what is almost like they’re trolling players a bit.

If you don’t want players to have it, why give it to NPCs?

3 Likes

I like them personally, but I believe I’m in the vast minority. To that end I think they should be rolled back. I think it’s fairly clear from the overall response that the recent combat changes aren’t good for the game as a whole.

5 Likes

Yeah, the crocodile rotates like a compass needle, its muzzle is magnetized to the character. :rofl:

6 Likes

So after raging since Thursday, it’s Sat night at 11pm for me at the time of writing this, I paid the 50USD bounty on my account so I could play. I’ve always been a shield and single strength weap player, and after 2 hrs, I feel a slight, but so far not game breaking annoyance. I’m level 15 now. I won’t vote until I get into much bigger foes.

1 Like

I would love for a third option of, “Age of War Chapter 2” because I loved combat during that update. But this most recent “Age of War Chapter 3” update has completely taken all of those improvements and absolutely dumpstered them. Then set the dumpster on fire. Mouse inputs feel pointless now as you have to make a MOVEMENT input to make your character change facing during attacks. It feels like I’m playing a bad console port, not Conan Exiles.

Edit: That said, between AoS Ch3 and AoW Ch3, it’s easily AoS CH3 for me. That shit at least actually cared about my mouse inputs.

7 Likes

You seriously paid $50 instead of just putting in a support ticket like they told you to?

Hi, I need a sugar Daddy.

-facepalms-

1 Like

Too early to tell. It was annoying at first but it grows on you. I will say that shields are handy now and my original combination of weapons on the ready of yogs touch and predatory blade is back kicking names and taking @$$.

2 Likes

Well, this micro-facing-adjustment worked perfectly fine with Monster Hunter for monsters are huge targets and they come in singular.
It doesn’t work here in CE because enemies are small and they come in plural.
In fact, even in Monster Hunter dealing with a group of small minions is also MUCH HARDER than duelling a boss.
CE fights more like FPS games with melee weapons. But you can’t expect FPS players to dodge and adjust their aiming after shooting a single round right?

If this change is going to work in CE, they need to change the whole combat mechanism with it, resulting in a completely different game as we known for years.

1 Like

When enough blind complain, they will lead those that see to their doom.