Public Beta Client- Age of Sorcery Performance Patch Discussion Megathread

Please use this thread to discuss Performance patch on the Public Beta Client.
Discussions of other patches and platforms should not be held here but in their respective forum sections instead.

Patchnotes:

4 Likes

Will the toilet be added to the game for those that bought the bathtub set?

We need a fix for the new Pict armor (which I love) as the recipe for the non-epic version calls for epic level mats. Also, only the shoes can be dyed, not the other four pieces.

3 Likes

Will the toilet be added to the game for those that bought the bathtub set?

Asking the real questions out there :smiley:

Topic:
Patch looks nice but i wonder if there won’t be more issues with it than fixes.

We need small hotfix for oneshot thing (double jump + encumbrance perk)

3 Likes
  • Your character will now be invulnerable while in a loading screen and three seconds after exiting a loading screen.

:clinking_glasses:

• Moving placeables while you’re on them should no longer move your character, crushing all Aladdin wannabes in the Exiled Lands.

Dammit! That sounded like so much fun!

• Removed some outdated code lines and deprecated systems to clean up the game code.

THIS! This is the best thing I have heard yet in all of the updates. THIS!

And my friends on the older consoles will appreciate you haven’t given up on them yet.

4 Likes

How about all the building hp sponges that were added with bp and bazar?

Finally nerfed drawbridges just to have a replacement with more health🤔

4 Likes

This is why I don’t play pc anymore

2 Likes

How bout fixing the fix ya’ll made with the fence foundations, now when i go to upgrade my buildings, says there is no snap point available, and now my buildings have missing walls where there were walls

1 Like

This sounds great!
Love to see focus on fixing things in this update.

Can’t wait for it to be on consoles.
Really looking forward to seeing loading improvements.

And I really like the invulnerable while on loading screen. Died to this so much the past few months since the loading screens have gotten slow :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Now make base game cheaper/ focus On Sustaining pop growth/ update menu it never shows update added events like twitch drops and stuff like that. And maybe update the menu make it from most pop to least by default so new people actually see there’s people playing. Show if the time zone too and maybe make servers with 5 in clan max. There has to be different server typesIt will help with growth/ goomba needs a bit of a nerf / let people share bazar items with those prices especially for pvp those kits become useless unless I buy it/ decorative items on bazar actual useful storage at least or do what the description says . It’s half decent or worth if they actually do something different. Continue with optimize and performance/ get more youtubers/twitch people to stream/ fix the twitch drop it doesn’t work at all for consoles especially last years.

Yes please fix their pay 2 win items on bazar BALANCE

1 Like

Build Bigger? Not just a pvp tin can on stone wheels. :wink:

I’m just noting the “wall hacks” that are possible because of unfinished code. I listen to someone like you that tell us the wall has been hacked. First order is to place blame? No. It’s an unfinished wall, but still fun.

Show noobs how to play game lol/ give horse a little more ho at least they die way to quick . Battle pass should be able to continue if you join a new server instead of starting over, not sure if they did that this battle pass? If they want to bring character transfers there’s 2 ways either you add surges or events to exiles lands and get siptah gear and armour that way so you don’t have to buy dlc to get it especially if you new to game. Or can only transfer to same map. Can’t cross over to siptah if that character was in exiled lands. They finally coming up with ideas of what we want addressing on camping thank goodness.

character transfers anytime soon? With 3.0 we had backend updates for it, but nothing since then. Been a long time.

1 Like

What actually are you talking about? I’m genuinely curious

1 Like

Not unfinished walls. I have been playing PVP long enough to know how to plug up a base and especially how important it is to plug up meshable spots in perma structure. I’m not going to ask you to trust me because you won’t anyway.

So I say to you, stop diverting the issues so you can make your claims of “mods” sound more legitimate. You know exactly what they are and how they affect players.

1 Like

…to know how to put on VR gear and to know it no longer makes sense, since the VR driver fixes the issue of such hacks.

No I’m not making a mod with VR gear for such immersion with full canon.

I strongly commend the good folks at Funcom for putting a lens squarely on fixes and performance. There is some great fixes listed in this testlive and there is something for everyone. Some standouts for me included:

Great call guys. Every bit helps.

That will be very welcome relief for our PvP community. Nice.

That is a massive personal thankyou for this one. Once it goes live I will be sure to let you all know if it did the trick on ps5.

Another one which will be of personal benefit to me. Woohoo I can now bolster defensive ranks on the western side of my base once more. Reinforcements will soon arrive. In addition, for those of us on Singleplayer mode or Private Servers who enjoy using followers, we can now have 1 (…or 2) follow us while we carry another one and place him down inside dungeons again! Thats potentially a 3 man war party.

Great idea for an often raised concern!

Hmmm. Colour me curious.

Aaand that should compliament them nicely.

2 Likes

For about a minute :rofl:

Is this really worth my effort? Is anything actually going to get fixed? Will my pet peeve ever be addressed?

My opinion funcom needs to put all hands an a major QoA update. You don’t need this to see what the issues are, just read the forum.

Logging in to test now. But I have no reason to believe my reports will make any sort of difference.

1 Like

Lots of awesome stuff there. Here are some that I’m especially thankful for:

Thanks for all of those! :smiley:

Now, a few things that seem to be missing:

Any chance we’ll see these addressed in this upcoming patch?

3 Likes

Nice to see some more bug fixes!