Purge spawning inside bases WAS reported during test live

@Ignasi , we gave you concrete feedback weeks ago with all the data you needed and even video footage to work with.

I guess you missed that because we got 0 response there.

1 Like

+1 on this also!

Hello @Ignasi
I would like to report now 2 purges that spawned inside the bases although they had a clear path to it from the ground.

• Purge spawns inside bases
  • Online Official
  • PvE
    A week ago after the patch we had a purge in the jungle, the Lemurian scouts. 21 waves spawned right on the map room and 2 additional waves in front of the gates.

Today another purge started near Sinners Refugee, but now inside a tower build. There were 6 waves, with all of them distributing the werehyenas, hyenas, humans and undead hyenas outside, on the roof and inside the base. In the 6th and last wave they spawned inside the walls and foundations as well, one werehyena got under the ground or inside the foundation on the ground but we could not locate it exactly.
5 Likes

I play on a dedicated server - 1 player. I had a base on a flat plane with only stonebrick walls and a single gate. A purge of bandits occurred. They walked toward the base at first like a regular purge but when either I or a following thrall approached any of the bandits, they all disappeared. It didnā€™t matter how close or how far away they were when I approached. As soon as I got close they all disappeared and reappeared within the walls near the only building. The only mod I have is the one that allows the levels to increase till all the attributes are maxed. I have not modified any setting on the dedicated server. The purge problem is incorporated into the basic code. Since I am the only one playing, I just turned off purge but would like to know when it will be fixed since the purge is a base element of the game. I restart the game when I die so I have had many purges in the same place. This issue only started with the latest update. In addition my following thralls now get commands to move, return, and stop whenever I pick up something, open a door, etc. Maybe adding the commands to the E key was not a very good idea.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had some weird purge behavior in singleplayer since the patch too. the base that was purged had some potential pathing issues as it was built on a cliff, and though it has a definite connection to accessible ground, it has features like rooms without roofs and rooms with one wall thatā€™s a bare cliff that Iā€™ve heard can confuse the purge.

The part that makes me think I experienced a new bug was that 2 and a half waves of the purge managed to path in just fine, but some time during the 3rd wave, two mobs spawned or warped into an internal room. I was fighting outside the base and didnā€™t see them appear, I just went inside when I heard noises and found that my horse had aggroed on them and killed one of them. Anyway, why would it be that 20-odd other mobs find a path just fine, but these two bug out?

3 Likes

Same problem here on a private server. We had 2 purges recently and for the first one we had yetis spawning inside a small castle. We thought ok maybe they are too big, the castle entrance door is small, maybe thatā€™s why they spawned inside. But then we had another purge on our main base, which has several large and accessible gates, on ground level, so plenty of choice of easy paths for enemies really. Twice we saw undeads disappearing under our eyes and we didnā€™t understand. Then the whole last boss group, as we were charging it, disappeared. As we were running around to find out where they went, we finally found our Mitra temple covered in corpses. The undeads were defeated but 7 of our thralls got butchered too. The gate nearby was untouched, they teleported inside the walls. Weā€™re sure of it because one last skeleton appeared in front of our eyes in the city while we were mourning our dead, we killed it and the purge ended. Completely brokenā€¦

4 Likes

@Kyr looks like an atom bomb ignited on your maproom :smiley:

3 Likes

@Sting01 that could be a very good definition, although what you see is only a fraction of bodies as we already chopped most of them out of the way and it was still somewhere in the middle of the purge. My assumption is around 450 of Lemurians spawned from that about 400 of them on the map room.

1 Like

SOOOOOOO many mystery meat soup omnomnomnom.

With that many dead bodies didnā€™t you have lags when you chop 'em (probably 15 of the time assuming from that big pile of flesh)?
After a lemurian purge I had extreme lags while I was doing so.

2 Likes

@rolee9309 yes we did have very bad lags therefore we had to get the bodies away from the place asap. It was not easy to fight during the lags but somehow we managed. We killed then harvested on repeat till the next wave to reduce the lags. It may have been the biggest massacre we experienced.

No pathway? My little WOP build is in the middle of a desert by the black hand ship. I and everybody on our PVE-C Server are suffering purges on and in our bases. I have a screens of about 10 Disciples on a very small roof fenced roof, completely inaccessible unless I destroy fences and climb up. Iā€™d like to post them screens here but donā€™t yet have privileges.

2 Likes

That sucks, thatā€™s your reward for all the time put in. I have similar screens but canā€™t post because iā€™m ā€œnewā€.

2 Likes

It is Hosavā€™s Custom UI Mod - Revamped!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1797359985

1 Like

What type of purge is that? Dragons, demonic spiders and A HORSE?
Nah seriously which purge type is that? I want to try it out, never seen one like this.

Make a bug report for an issue that existed 1 year ago. check
Use a youtube video posted almost a month ago as evidence thatā€™s not even yours check
Blame it on the last major update, that already had 2 hotfixes rolled out since the youtube video was posted.check
confusion of the highest order

2 Likes

Happened again to us yesterday. Yet another castle, with a clear access road. A silent legion purge attacked and when the last boss group arrived, same thing, we charged them, and they all disappeared. We found them teleported in a random corridor inside the castle, the place was too small for the boss, he bugged and fell in the decor, we had to break the stairs to be able to hit and kill him. Time to de-activate the purge on our server until this issue is addressed, this is too messy :pensive:

2 Likes

Whats the title?
Video is from test.
Was there behaviour one year ago, yes.
Was behaviour changed in the update, yes
Was it fixed by subsequent patches, negatory.
Confusion solved.

3 Likes

Deamon purge, the horse and the spiders are pets :wink:

1 Like

Are you saying this is not a bug, then you maybe need to read all the other posts on this site about the buggie purge since the last update that never never got fixed in the 2 hot fixes and was reported on testlive during the testing for the new Follower 2 update, condescending person you are.

4 Likes

So I have been doing some testing in regards to purges spawning / teleporting into bases. When I came across this. At 6 seconds into the video you can clearly see the animation of one NPC ā€œjumpā€ onto the foundation above. The rest of them appear to teleport, though Iā€™m wondering if they all ā€œjumpedā€ and it just didnā€™t display the animation for it. There are certainly times where the NPCā€™s are teleporting or simply spawning in the base as I have seen that happen as well. But this got me wondering if ā€œjumpingā€ over a wall is an intended feature or not. There was no anitclimb in that area and the wall was short so in all reality this test and what I saw might make sense. So my question isā€¦

Are ā€œjumpingā€ NPCā€™s intended?

3 Likes