Question about Berserkers..why?

Simple solution to that is once the thrall is maximum level, park it at your base permanently for purge defence and either level up a new thrall / pet or adventure for a bit solo or with friends.

3 Likes

Because thralls are part of the game and there’s no reason to recreate the wheel.

1 Like

Thralls are part of the game yes and no one said they were not. The issue is the Thrall didn’t defeat your character and break it on the wheel and force it to join their army, it was the other way around ! Your character was the strongest and conquered the thrall and now the weaker follows the stronger , which is how the world of Conan is (was).

@Lucidique your thrall should be coming with you and your friends not the other way around. You level the thrall to become stronger so it can fight by your side and hold its own not hold its and yours and your friends own solo! A level 20 thrall should NEVER be better than a players character. They are the follower (its even under their name if you look) not the leader
YOU are.

Even the star of the show, however is only so good. A berserker should not be the match for more than three Tier 3 thralls providing they have comparable armor, weapons, and food.

A thrall that was not substantially stronger than the player would be entirely pointless, and would die almost immediately because they lack any type of situational awareness or sense of self preservation. You also “conquered” that thrall using tactics well beyond what the thrall is capable of, but just for funsies, go stand toe to toe with a berserker doing nothing but walking towards it swinging your weapon, see how that goes for you.

Regardless, no one is forcing you to use thralls. This is another example of a part of the game you don’t like and for some reason are of the opinion that the game should be catered to your preferences.

/out

5 Likes

You don’t get the point as you are seeing it from a choice level on a pvp server there is no choice when it comes to power. I don’t see a player ever with over 2k HP and I expect too. A thrall doesn’t need to be godly to be effective especially now when we can direct them better. Thralls were not expected to be one being armies. You can play the game the way you want with your thrall config and survive on pve servers though I would not suggest it on a pvp one.

There is always a choice. Do you need to take your fighter thrall with you to pick flowers? No. Do you need to take them to kill a 3 skull boss or clear a dungeon when you have clan mates online? No. My level 20 thralls are purely for purge defence. If I need materials, I’ll either carry them myself, bring my horse or bring a trainee thrall. Nobody is forcing you to use them.

3 Likes

I am talking about pvp battles as I am sure you already know and are dodging very hard not to have to admit it. Unless it is a battle with players not in your clan on pvp servers players bring the toughest thrall they to battle and some alliances just work out spaces to fight in a bring their thralls anyway. Of course no one is forcing me to not bring my thrall, but why would I lower my fighting strength potential in a pvp battle ? Most would not. Because to do so would almost certainly spell defeat unless your opponent is a terrible pvper.

Also in case you want to dodge another point. Thralls are in pve for most players again a tool to help them clear areas and to guard their back to a point. They are another weapon they bring to the fight. Would you take on a 3 skull boss with your fists or would you bring a good if not your best weapon to fight if you wanted the best chance to win and/or survive the battle ?

So you see your “forced too” argument is not a true one as it leaves out many in game realities especially when other human players are involved.

This is so absurd I can’t keep it in any longer. A player with 2k HP? Absolutely unkillable. That would remove any sense of danger or risk from the game, period. And a player with 2K HP and neutered thralls? May as well not have thralls, they’d just be fodder. PvP battles? Enjoy that half hour session of dodging, rolling, potion popping until someone gets bored and walks away.

And thralls at their current state were made INTO the game? Oh goodness, how dare Funcom continue to improve and expand on their game. You’re right. We should immediately revert back to Conan as it was on release when thralls were lawn decorations and human NPCs only fought back about 30% of the time.

If two people walk into a fight with similar thrall support, thats an even playing field. And as you said, Berserkers are easy to come by, meaning your stance makes even less sense. So I genuinely don’t know what your argument is outside of “I think PvP should work like this and everyone else should too.”

6 Likes

I am sorry if you can’t understand as your last line implies. It makes it so one thrall is favored over all others even ones of the same tier. It is favored because it is simply superior most all thralls and much, much more plentiful than the very few others that could possibly last a bit against it.

The 2k player HP reference should have been obvious, but as you are acting as it it wasn’t I will explain it . Many thralls get over 2k HP some including the ones I am questioning why they are in Isle of Siptah at all get much more HP than that . And with a berserker thrall to quote you “remove any sense of danger or risk from the game, period” , they do this because one can take on a dungeon for you with a minimum of downtime and even shorter if you use wraps on them.

I did not ask for thralls to be fodder I asked that they be treated as a companion in fights not as the champion (that is supposed to be you in this game btw, check the promotional material if you don’t believe little ol’ me. The issue was not just that Berserkers are easy to come by, they are also of the few most powerful in the entire game ! AND THEY ARE IN ONE PLACE ONLY so they can be guarded from others just as easily if a clan too a mind to and then they would have near sole access to a remote weapon the beats most all others EASILY !

Many (read up if you don’t believe me) liked the thrall situation before they added the Berserker thralls to the expansion. The thrall gathering and power to risk ratio was much more balanced. Again this is not just me that feels this way.

Thank you all for the discussion so far . I must be away for a bit of time, but I look forward to discuss this further and I hope to see even more thoughts and ideas on this subject as from the comments to this point in the thread we all are interested in the enjoyment of this game.

I’m guessing that they are a tribe of people who, like other races I suppose, have spread across the coast and have found themselves on Siptah. Not that dissimilar to me going to New Zealand and coming across a group of Japanese individuals. Humans spread across the globe, it’s a thing that we have been doing for as long as there was hair.

Do you know how most prison colonies or no law societies work ? Might makes right in those instances. Usually armors were ran by the strongest in early armies. Yes, many of them were not worthy to rule, but they did because they was seen as the strongest. I think you are confusing time periods and our present day a bit.

So question so the thrall can get stuck so lets make have the power 3 or more players ? Also lets have the strongest person on the island whose strength is legendary and stands out among the others in strength and endurance except they don’t on pvp servers because thralls on the battlefield and battlements are this one thrall !

Yeah, and it’s a good analogy for the Exile camps around Noob River. And probably Black Hand too, considering how a crew member can challenge the captain to become the captain. Anything beyond that, and you have communities whose leaders may not be the strongest guys. The Darfari could follow the lead of a witch doctor or elder; Nordheimers and Cimmerians both probably respect age and wisdom, not only strength; and Sepermeru with its markets and taverns etc. has clearly evolved into an actual civilized community. You don’t usually have professional merchants in communities where any bully can just take what they want.

When we start to build castles, villages, towns, etc. in the Exiled Lands, we’re no longer simulating a Lord of the Flies situation. We’re building a colony. And when people band together for survival, it tends to make sense to follow the lead of the guy who knows what to do and can tell others how to survive, not just the brute who can club others senseless. Sure, the brute may be able to force others into following him for a time, and if he can find weaker victims to raid for food and supplies, might even succeed for a time - but a real leader will need more than the biggest biceps in a tribe.

2 Likes

Strength of arm is not the only strength btw. Strength comes in many forms but I am sure you already know that though I notice didn’t mention it . I know why I think though.

Well, yeah. That’s kinda what I was saying because you seemed to be saying that it’s physical strength that matters (in the part I quoted in my previous post). You continue by saying

Which again to me seems to imply that you’re referring to physical strength.

If I’m misunderstanding you, please explain your ideas further.

2 Likes

Armor was a typo for army. Seem is not is. Implying also on both parties by the way, many times on the ones seeing implication where none exists, but this is beside the point. Physical strength or the case of this game fear being a strength (witchdoctors) .

But fear is no more an in-game feature in Conan Exiles than strength of character, or charisma. So just like you can imagine a witch doctor terrifying his tribesmen into submission, you can imagine our player character possessing such magnetic personality that physically stronger but weaker-willed NPCs would follow our lead.

Also, I’m not sure how early you think when describing early armies. Hereditary rulership is kinda old as a concept.

4 Likes

And we would need to subjugate these people on wheel of PAIN why again ?

In a sense yes that is exactly what the wheel is doing.

The wheel of pain is actually designed to mill grain. Source: John Milius

LOL nice one. It is also forced labor to condition.