Revive Companions

Add a placeable altar that would allow the player to make a sacrifice to resurrect fallen companions or pets.

14 Likes

yes please :'D

5 Likes

not a bad idea especially with thralls randomly deleting themselves lately. +1

6 Likes

I miss my horse :sob:

1 Like

How about a consumable item called ā€œA Stickā€. When you poke your dead companion with it, they revive. :grin:

5 Likes

Or, call it a wand and stop beating around sorcery bush. :rofl:
In all seriousness though, I donā€™t like the idea of resurrecting fallen companions but I do like the idea of having more interactions with thralls.

• Maybe placing a level-1 thrall (any type) into a religious altar along with a couple other ingredients and after an hour he becomes a level-1 priest of that religion. A similar recipe could also upgrade him from level-1 to level-2 and so on.

• Placing a companion in an altar along with religious feast could heal him completely (progress bar might take 1-2 minutes).

• If resurrections do become a thing I vote that it is costly. Must be done in fully upgraded altar along with T4 priest, consuming the T4 priest in the process, similar to summoning a god. Side note, a resurrected thrall should come back naked, without his previous gear or inventory items.

These changes would definitely give us more meaningful interactions and, IMO, make the game more fun.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll just copy what I already proposed elsewhere :wink:

14 Likes

Well put, I had the exact same thought after I posted this. A type of soul imbuing item that would represent the thrall. I stole it from an item in modded Minecraft.

Would be nice to add that feature to the Religion Altars. Great idea!

Example: Revive X companion can cost X religion tokens. As other user said requeriments to doing so should be Max altar Tier + T3 or T4 priest.

2 Likes

Thematically, resurrection doesnā€™t fit into the Conan world. Dead is dead (unless itā€™s undead, but thatā€™s probably not the sort of resurrection the OP was asking).

However - and this is a problem with many, many games - characters in the game have only two states - fully operational (even at 1 hp) and fully dead. Nothing in between. So, rather than resurrection, Iā€™d propose a chance that a fallen follower goes into a state of ā€œout of action and bleeding to deathā€ rather than dying outright, giving the player a window to drag them back to base for healing. The healing could still be administered by priests at altars.

Plus, it would give players a sense of urgency regarding saving their fallen comrade, perhaps forcing difficult choices during e.g. PvP raids. and it would feel less like a ā€œGet out of jail, free!ā€ card.

6 Likes

@Ainz ,Well ,it is an idea , a creative one , so I support it :+1: . Welcome to the forum m8 .

otmr you can just capture another oneā€¦you know one of the actual game loops.

Please this 1000%

Could possibly replicate the ritual Akiro used when Valeria asked him to save Conan in the '82 movie.

2 Likes

I thought it was a great idea, for example the footman could bring down
some kind of essence that you could use at the maximum level of any religion, of course not to make it so easy the altar should be at the maximum level and beyond the essence, items that are difficult to pick up as fragments of power would be needed, Also after revived the footman would return to level 1, for the player to take the trouble to upgrade again. What do you think?

The first, last, and most important lesson of Conan: Exiles is that of loss.

Like the Zen Buddhists, you will be happiest if you have no attachments.

Easy come, easy go.

Anything that can be gotten once can be gotten again.

ā€œLet it go, let it goā€¦ā€

2 Likes

A chance when Follower is killed, they are instead knocked out. Able to be carried or dragged back home. Wouldnt mind that to muchā€¦

Thought of being able save my horseā€¦ is neat. At same time, the high health limit thralls have now, makes many of them hard kill as isā€¦

Thralls should be more canon fodder, then friendā€¦

ā€œTake better care of your thralls!ā€ seems like a good statementā€¦ but then again, if you can just rez them. Would you put that much care into them? Would loss be as hard?

I get that some are falling thru map, and people losing armor and gear returning them (its sucks) XD

I hate to be the downer in a discussion like this, because I do believe a mechanic to revive companions rather than losing them is a great idea. But as it stands right nowā€¦ I canā€™t say its a good time for it.

The amount of health that thralls and pets have means that there is very little that can actually kill them. Purges can overwhelm a thrall, but in purges youā€™re kind of expected to have a ton of thralls. And from what Iā€™ve seen on thrall limit postsā€¦ some players are boasting dozens of dozens of thralls.

Because thralls are so survivable. And because they are expected to be so numerous. There has to be a method to sort of expend them.

With that said. This is an excellent time to suggest that all those things simply be mitigated to have this feature. Lower overall follower (pet and thrall) health and limit the number. With the ability to revive followers instead of losing them. Such nerfs to their survivability and their numbers will be less severe.

Because lets face it. Your best Teimos or Dalansia is not the one you use in purge defense. You put them deep inside so the minions take all the losses. You use your best thralls as followers on adventurers. And right now, there is no threat of losing them this way unless something stupid happens. No boss is taking them down if they are equipped and leveled.

But if bosses and general adventuring can be a threat to these followers. Then losing them is a big deal, and we canā€™t have that. Weā€™ll need a way to revive them. Whether it has a cost in material or time or both. And there has to be a cost associated. As the above poster pointed outā€¦ if you can just revive willy nillyā€¦ then youā€™re going to be reckless with them. So the cost has to be meaningful.

1 Like

I would argue that most of your post boils down to this. The rest is just your personal play style, and even though I happen to agree with a lot of it, people will debate it to death and back :wink:

However, the point about the cost of revival is extremely important. Weā€™re asking Funcom to give us the ability to reverse death. This should be a big deal in-game, as big as summoning a corporeal manifestation of a deity.

As Iā€™ve said before, if you make this something you can do in a T3 shrine with a T3+ priest and 500 zeal, and it consumes the zeal, the priest, and maybe even the shrine, then itā€™s something youā€™ll reserve only for your most favorite followers and the direst circumstances.

1 Like

To be honest, Iā€™m not looking to debate that playstyle. Its been debated already. But I do continue to bring it up because I speculate that some changes along those lines may come in the near future and the purpose behind me belaboring it is so people canā€™t rant on about how ā€˜no one asked for thisā€™. There will be plenty of ammo for peeps to use against such statements :laughing:

To be fair, that might just be a tad too grindy. That kind of cost is usually meant for blowing up an entire base and dozens of thralls. And if several thralls are lost in such an attack. It would suck to have to get 500 zeal and such for each one when the attacker only spent one to cause the chaos.

As a counter suggestion, something requiring Fragments of Power, various lotus colors, and maybe a heart of the hero or something like that.

2 Likes