Server #1930 PvE Griefing & Harrassment

I have given up asking for support, have proven many times saber has cheated, they allow saber do whatever they want to, dont see anyone telling them to get a private server no point even getting mad. They now can cheat with decay bug so no chance in hell there stuff will ruin around my base. Which is sad cause its proven its a cheat. They do what they want when they want run off as many people as they want and funcom and devs dont care. Tired of being lied to 6 times promised they would be taken off the server. No use getting mad or upset just have 0 respect or believing anything this company says.Pretty sad a company says what u want to hear so that you stop asking and very very sad they rather keep 2 sick individuals and lose 60 plus so far

1 Like

If people are using racial slurs you should report it to the police as a hate crime. I don’t think its acceptable for funcom to throw their hands in the air and say they can’t do anything. They quite clearly CAN do something but don’t want the additional cost.

1 Like

I’ve got to say: I don’t even play on this server and I have heard so much on these forums about this and the clan ‘saber’. It sounds like a really bad situation with no solution that the players can leverage on their own.

Funcom I think this may be a good example to look at to drive some sort of policy creation or code change from you. There needs to be some way for players to deal with this if you do not have the bandwidth/staffing.

2 Likes

This was beyond racial slurs, this was signs posting kill americans, 911 is great, rape is awsome etc

1 Like

To my surprise and actually made me speechless, 10 servers have decided with there fellow players backing them and another 2 waiting on 4 more tribes as I agree rules are made to be followed. We do what we have to do and not telling people to do this. But they are this weekend going to block all oblesks on there servers, as well block all points of interest until funcom does something about this type of behavior.

I appreciate the emails, it is not my intention to cause the company more work but i agree official servers are why people join feeling they are moderated. Yes the world is filled with alot of racial slurs that is why we game to have fun, laugh, cry build amazing things, make new friends it is our escape. Conan is a great game has issues bugs etc and yes trolls but people have taken it up a notch . Thank you for your support not just as a gamer but as a human being, makes me happy my kids are growing up in a world where people still believe in human ethics and morals.

2 Likes

Funcom could and should help with this issue by making signs destructable by anyone.
It doesn’t stop people posting racist signs but they will get sick of doing it if you are able to destroy them as they are placed.

1 Like

For over 2 months people have posted on forums, took screenshots, pleaded with the devs for help and so on.
But a few things are clear, Funcom cares about Money not the player. They allow exploits and don’t say they don’t they do they have been given screenshot after screenshot. They post rules which devs don’t even have the tenacity to respond and give the players the respect the players give to them.

While this is a game and suppose to be fun there are morals and ethics even ingame one should follow. trolls will be trolls but certain things should not be allowed, jokes about rape and 911 is not called for and funcom should respect the players not because they lost loved ones but respect for human decency.
4 years from now 5 years people that are loyal will remember the game not because of how fun or how good the graphics are but because so many people quit the game rather then take the free time they have log onto a game where those who break rules, have no decency get treated the same respect as someone who does have morals and good ethics. So no use asking for help no use asking devs to step in the first sign was them allowing sign after sign being posted and it took the players to remove them.

I love gaming, i love building new friendships and pushing myself to see if i can beat a game but most of all. I like knowing that the game i spent money on the people who made it know what gaming is all about

In the real world hatred is spread everyday we game to get that break from it, well now it is in gaming and when the company that made it has to say what people wanna hear so they stop posting (example lying and saying saber would be banned and you can block players in chat) none which have come true. My apologies for the speech , but as a gamer and human being i shouldnt have to move to a private server or go to a unoiffical server to play a game . The makers should have the respect to not tolerate such bs in the first place. Its sad when you log on each time thinking great what did they do now, who quit the game , which friend left.

1 Like

@Umborls It’s been about a month now since I asked you for help on our server. How much time does it take to blacklist two players on a server? Five to ten minutes, at most, out of two hundred and fourty man hours. You have their names, you know which server they are on, you have evidence of “extreme circumstances” (ie, preventing players from using an Obelisk and making it a death trap to those who were able to access it before) in which you are needed to intervene, you have proven exploits used by these two people provided by Lucifer (using another player’s base to refresh their own decay timer) that I have witnessed and screenshotted as well, and yet all you’ve done is taken those few minutes to stall and provide statements that say nothing and do less.

As a Support team, you’ve provided me (and the entire server I play on) with no support in all of this time, and at least one player from another server for over nine months. I’d say you’re not doing your job. So if you’re not Support, who is? Can you point me to an employee that will provide support?

You and I both know that trying to address it solely with in-game mechanics is a fool’s errand. Any and every exploit and bug that can be used will be used, much like your company getting away with not providing support for “Official” servers. It’s not a free service, your customers paid for that. Some that bought the game for the purpose of playing online multiplayer rather than Singleplayer and Co-op.

You’ll always be behind the curve trying to develop new systems, always one step behind those who are using your game to grief others because they know you won’t lift a finger to get rid of them. You’ve given them that confidence by preferring to ignore it rather than address it from the start and work it into your budget.

I wish it was different and I could depend on you for support as your titles suggest, I really do.

2 Likes

well said couldn’t have said it any better myself and if it comes to it, every person i know who games will send in reports as well. It is sad players join offical for one reason believing that it is moderated and if not then tell us before we spend hundreds of hours on it. Be offical or not allowing 2 players who are beyond toxic to play this and lose how many players so far? doesnt make sense i am trying my hardest how a company feels 2 players are more important then 60 they have lost plus the regulars that put in 100 a week.

Your company have been offered many solutions and volunteers even people who will moderate for you and nothing yet this company feels its best to lie? how many times have i been told they would be banned, taken cared of, prove exploits they will be banned and we have shown it. You have players so compassionate about the game and tell about exploits issues etc this is what makes a company make it big listening and helping the players. Everyday new players join and everyday players leave. why? same thing we have told you for months. Saber logs in refreshs and leaves hell they exploited so bad i refresh there bases because i live near them and if i break my base then i lose everything that i have built up. Even though have difference views on things with Palm521 i agree with him and what he is saying cause its true. This is happening on other servers i get emails from people stating same thing. One thing that happens in gaming is people talk 
 You have a great game great players who help now help back and allow more great people to see why this game is great rather then lose them. Thanks

1 Like

They have been given proof over and over and over and over promises made this tribe would be removed. Seems they rather lose players then save the loyal ones. But if they were going through this be a differnt story. Sad exploiters can do what they want when they want when all they would have to do is come remove the tribe.

1 Like

They are on vacation. Give it a few weeks sad to say.

Enough of this, they are blocking oblesk etc everything that is said that is not allowed. Even on holidays it takes 5 minutes for someone to delete this tribe or take down the buildings they have done. Bad enough we cant even wait for decay to happen because they glitched it where our bases refresh theirs.

So again they exploited and nothing happens, why are the players being responsible to spend hundreds of hours to fix problems this company should be doing in the first place. They posted disrespectful signs and nothing, they cheat and nothing they exploit and nothing.

I was told 3 times they would be removed and banned. I can even post screenshot from this company. No player who acts this way, promotes hate etc should be allowed to play and if allowed its disrespect for those who have had family etc die during 911, those who have been injured etc.

You have lost how many players due to this 2 player tribe? I know maybe some people dont give a S*** but some of us do all this does is promote it to happen again and again . You can’t even abide by your own rules/ am i abit mad yes cause in any other game anyone would have banned them.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve been playing on server 1930 for a little while, I am level 54 currently and I wanted to put my two cents in this forum. I’ve so far lost everything on my character twice being trapped in the obelisk that Saber group has walled up. They also have made a base closing off the bridge to the frozen area in the north which is irritating because it is meant to be a bridge for players to use.

In the 260 hours of playtime I have so far I have never seen anyone from the Saber clan online. It is very frustrating that people who seem to never be online are allowed to be such a nuisance to all other players who actually play the game.

I understand this issue has been reported for a while and I hope it gets resolved in the near future. I am enjoying the game which is why I persist and keep playing it, but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone with all the toxic players who get away with breaking the rules without penalty.

If I wanted to play a game in which other people can screw me over, I would play PvP.
Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Out of respect to who sent it to me but this is proof this was suppose to be taken care of

2 Likes

Greetings folks,

Going to throw my 2cp’s into the mix as well. Been playing on 1930 for a few weeks now, and I also find it extremely irritating that a group such as Saber has blocked an Obelisk, a Bridge, as well as being offensive to the other players on the server as a whole. This goes beyond being childish, or rude, it calls for being dealt with officially.

It is sad to see and hear that folks have had to move on, just because a select few, who -do not play on this server- anymore have not been dealt with. Come on, Funcom, no one is asking for a full-time server admin
this should have been dealt with a lot more quickly and efficiently than to let these guys continue to grief and harass others.

Regards,

Turin

3 Likes

Conan is a great game, great graphics, you can never be bored always things to do trust me 1300 hours in this game. Love the building, finding rare thralls etc, its also a place where people who are disabled can come, those with disabilities can come, countries where leaders hate each other we all get along.

Its not hey move to a private server, go unofficial etc that is the easy way.

Point is this type of behavior should not be tolerated, if this was wow, ark etc we all would be posting the same thing. I thank the developers for renewing my faith into making a good game but management needs to fix this type of behavior . Its obvious people posting care about the game and not just for them but to allow new players to join and see why we all like the game. Its not a game where u come and post hateful things because you have issues, or post signs and see how many people you can make quit.

Gaming is where religion, race,sexuality etc we are all equals.
Supporting and doing nothing and allowing 2 players break all the rules is just a kick in the but to those who care and play. Conan has so many possibilities and many of us want to see it grow and become one of the best games which i firmly believe it can. Should be having fun playing a game each day not spending the day removing signs, and explaining over and over to players why they should stay not quit, not ask for refunds. I paid 50.00 to play a game not babysit
Takes 5 minutes for someone to remove the things saber has placed thats all. Doing nothing just gives them more power and confidence to do more bs.

3 Likes

My brother played on this server until saber put signs all over his base. I stopped counting when it hit 20 plus. Reason being he built in a area which this tribe wanted so rather then ask , they felt the need to bother him over and over. For past month I have watched the forums clearly to see if anything was going to be done and it is obvious nothing has.

He came back the other day and no sooner did he comeback saber put up 3 signs. We lost both our parents to 911, they were everything . Our bestfriend,parent and meant the world to us. My brother was very upset and was going to post in global but there was some arguing going on when a player name Lucifer ran by with another player(turns out this was his son). He said welcome back and if we needed anything ask. We told him we were upset and he noticed the signs. For 7 hours due to where we were building he spent until the signs were gone. As much as we appreciate the help We cannot play a game that allows this type of attitude, many people many loved ones have died and instead of stopping this , this company basically promotes it. They don’t care people have died they allow this attitude and this type of joking around go on and on without realizing the pain it has caused. I seen players argue about this and I normally don’t interfere but you should be damn ashamed of yourselves funcom.

I could go on and on but it wouldn’t be pretty not only that your not worth it. On behalf of my family Lucifer1 and some of the others thank you. Gaming is where people go to forget and hide pain, not go to a place where pain is pushed and pushed till the person almost breaks.

For a company not to ban this type of behavior means they support it and that right there makes my stomach sick. Funcom wont be known for conan or gaming , they will be known for allowing racial hatred and a mockery of 911. He may comeback, I may comeback but not until I see funcom learn the definition of respect, and humanity. Maybe this company should hire some of the players posting here seems they have hearts not made of ice. This may be a game but it is obvious how much human life means to this company to allow signs being posted. You have a game with amazing potential and you care more about $. You won’t last long and I am shocked you can sleep at night, maybe someone should post signs on your lawn so you know how it feels. But we aren’t like that and many others are the same see we care about our fellow man,woman.

Don’t give up the fight and I am showing this forum to people in our government freedom of speech is fine but making jokes and allowing people post things that anyone can see and a company for months have ignored it .

I used to think that video gaming was fun seeing my brother laugh, being excited . Not the opposite
Thank you for removing the signs and thank you for showing us that no matter how bad the world is there are still some people who care.

1 Like

Again you have my condolences and like i said anything you need if you comeback wehats mine is yours.I did find out something interesting be a video game a facebook post etc anything that suggests people kill someone is against the law example they posted signs kill Americans . 2 Online game companies had something similar the board who decides if a game should be banned pg etc decide you get fine plus . Some of the people on this server are amazing like all games u have the liars the trolls and users. Then you have saber who fits in a category on his own,.

1 Like

Holy cow, I actually created an account just to respond to this thread!

So, from what I am reading, what these people are doing is actually illegal, in that they are making terrorist threats. This is not a grey area, and it doesn’t matter that they are using a game format to make them.

Yall peeps who have screenshots and proof need to to two things:

THING ONE: Contact Steam. Steam is squidgy as F*CK about this kind of thing, and will ban the players most likely.

THING TWO: Contact the FBI. No, Im not joking. No, it DOES NOT MATTER if they say they are “Joking” or “Trolling”. The actions are Terroristic in nature, and they need to get bapped for it, and the FBI has actual justification over stuff like this.

As an end note to FUNCOM? If you know who these players are, BAN THEM.

Cause allowing Nazis and Terrorists to run amok in your game is just about the worst press EVER, and I think enough people have had to suffer through this.

Ban the bad eggs, or admit that you support Terrorists. Your move.

3 Likes

I have had my fill of server problems in this game so I started my own. You are all welcome to come play on Zanthia.

Its pvp without building destruction. Feel free to come kill me. The server has no admin abuse and the only thing I will do with admin rights is make monster events for people and clean up junk left around, or remove bases that attempt to block others in.

Go have fun. I am going to develop the first monster event soon. Something like a black keep that shows up somewhere with monsters and loot inside. I have the chest set so anyone can loot them for these evens so lock you stuff.

Have fun.

1 Like