Server Outage update

, ,

if funcom would have taken care of the game properly 3 years ago all this would be done. server stability, game quality a few unnoticeable bugs and glitches… but alas with all the money they made they nevr bothered to pay attention to the players only their credit cards.

Hello, not one mod has the intestinal fortitude to come on and say something? Make me a mod ill keep the usa folk informed… Honestly i dont blame the mods they had no idea just like us players.

Depending on a variety of factors, including the amount of data being migrated , the stability of the original server , or other unforeseeable issues, a typical migration can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. It is best to plan for this process to take a few weeks

Doesn’t sound like they will be up any time soon…

Ugh…all that work … Wait a minute why are there no building artists complaining? From the recent competition?

Are you saying the servers are merging, gone forever? I hope that is not the case. Thought they are just switching servers to fix some problems?

Two hours now my kingdom in limbo. Server gone

Drekkonis that’s a little misleading. That’s not something Funcom posted. That’s talking about a full windows server migration. Starting from scratch. And that process usually starts before the original server is taken offline so that it impacts the users as least as possible. At best we should expect a few hours. At worst, a day or two. But either way, having no communication before hand or after they went down is completely unacceptable.

Hopefully they mirrored all of the server data before hand, and all that’s left is to migrate the database over, which would require the servers to be taken down first.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Ruinous. Wish it would have come from a Funcom employee.

Correction funcom did not inform players of this mess. Twitter does not count.

1 Like

Funcom is based in Norway. People do indeed sleep on the opposite side of the world of the US.

3 Likes

I hope you’re aware that saying this doesn’t actually make your statement true. Nor do you really have any authority to end a discussion on anyone else’s behalf except yours.

I don’t know what’s going on with the servers, but I do know that being disrespectful and hostile towards the service provider, or anyone else for that matter, will not help anyone’s case.

3 Likes

Lighting strike. Gportal has been posting about it.

1 Like

Oh. Well, that definitely sounds like it’s a Norwegian game company’s fault. Maybe Ignasis is really Thor and he causes thunder in his sleep.

1 Like

Hey all,

We got notified over the night that one of G-Portal’s datacenters got struck by lightning. We posted it on socials once we got a hold of the flashy news.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Nope, this is not a solution. This didn’t tell us when servers will be back up. Nice try.

This is not something you can lay at Funcom’s feet, it is a problem with the company hosting the servers.
I’ll bet as soon as they tell Ignasis that the servers are up again, he’ll tell us.

1 Like

We just posted this update in our social channels, reposting here for visibility:

Hey everybody,
Quick status update: Our partners at G-Portal are still investigating and working to get all US servers affected by last night’s lightning strike up and running again.
They still have no ETA, but they’re working against the clock to make it ASAP.

Edit: We’ll edit the initial message with any new updates and keep this thread as the main one regarding this problem to increase visibility so we don’t flood the forums with new posts.

3 Likes

Guys, I know you prolly still think this is a conspiracy or w/e, but it’s not. G-Portal only has a few dedicated data centers. That’s why they tend to both be more reliable and lag more. 1 center going down would shut down an entire region.
It sucks, and it’s poor planning on G-Portal’s part to not have a contingency plan, but that’s all.

That said, don’t be surprised if there are roll-backs, or even wipes. Depends on how G-Portal saves server data and if they have a regularly updated backup n such.

2 Likes

Just went into my server and lost everything mountain base animal pen everything spent hours solo building and gathering greater pets to sign in and have absolutely nothing this is what makes me not want to play this game

1 Like

Was entire server wiped or was it a roll back?