Siptah : Dungeons (vaults) are too easy at level 60 - Revamp?

Hello, I understood that the vaults were all becoming level 60 dungeons. I just did a test with a level 60 character (without legendary equipment but stellar metal sword) and I rushed a dungeon in solo in 10 minutes without any difficulty. The mobs fall in two hits and the boss falls in just ten hits. I haven’t even had a healing potion used !!! Test done at the Wolf Brothers in M8.
In addition it was about a revamp of the vaults with new monsters and new treasures but I did not see any of that, the vault is exactly the same as actually. In short, I am quite disappointed and disappointed !!
Vaults revamping is still in progress ?

1 Like

Wow that would suck. Me and my friend we were waiting for the update to farm eldarium, in hope of a real challenge and something new.

Why not farm it now? When it is faster?

Maybe farm is a wrong word. We were waiting to amass eldarium true, but we wanted a challenge, an experience. We are playing on a private server, so competition is not a problem.

Wine cellar challenge Level?

They have mentioned that they are opened to suggestions and they really are. Go test those vaults and see if you find it challenging or piss easy. Then let yourself be heard, let them know.

Edit:

I tend to beleive the OP on this one, but also… we did not Had a challenge in this game ever, so why expect one? :stuck_out_tongue:

Each vault generally has 1 normal chest with 7-10 Eld crystals, probably 10-15 more of generic loot and 1 skeleton key chest. This isn’t counting the final rewards room.

I personally did not find them nearly as easy as the OP described. A typical run for me, includes my thrall, killing and looting each creature and all the chests. Usually end up with 60+/- Eld a run and depending on the vault challenges (webs, swimming or jumping puzzles), they can take between 15-20 minutes a run for me.

None of the bosses hit hard enough to really worry me though. Not like Arena champ or the horrible sickle wielding dude in Wine Cellar. There is an orange cricket looking dude near the Tower NPC camp that is far deadlier than any of the vault bosses.

Naturally, with a good fighter thrall, you can clear them all by having them do all the work. Nothing difficult enough to burn through their health.

It is true that some vaults ( i beleive the ones that was already the " hardest ones " like fiend vault ) didn’t get a significant up in level whereas the goblins one had their level tweaked up , but maybe just a bit not enough.

but for the new treasures , you must have missed that now each vaults has at least 3 if not 4 interactible objects ( 2 of wich will learn you armor and weapons feats from that specific vault ( with a tweak that the 2 wolf , 2 underwater , 2 snake will provide you the same receipes as they are from the same " faction type " )

Actually as we are playing in 2 and only use max 2 thrals/pets with us (you can mass thrall maelstrom but where is the fun in that) , the maelstrom on standard setting (only with all eldrtich stuff enabled) is definitely a challenge. So thats a bit of a problem : we could play with sliders to incrase npc danger, but the the mealstrom will be to hard for us. So basiclly we would need to move slider for vaults then for maelstrom… Doable i guess but i dont like it that much. What im saying is the difficulty doesnt seem balanced between various activites and then you cant fix it with sliders because some stuff will become to hard.

Sorry, I failed to mention the armor and armory rewards, or the special finds inside. I didn’t know if they were new with 2.3 or were always there.

new with 2.3 :wink:

Im all for making them more challenging. However, we have a total 14 Vaults. I feel that 2 or 3 of them should be left easy for lower level players, newer players and those who like to re-roll. The other 11 or 12; sure, make them REALLY challenging.

5 Likes

Wine Cellar is the prime example of what is needed in a game like Conan Exiles. It is quite difficult, it forces you to be careful not to be overwhelmed (and it is beautiful graphically). But even Wine Cellar is not a real challenge for levels 60. Regarding Siptah 2.3, I only tested Brother of the Wolves (I didn’t want to spoil myself the whole update). I did not try to see if there were new chests because I find that the vaults are already well supplied with rewards (well though I expected to find more recipes in the end chest and nothing! ). By doing this test I wanted to see the new content in terms of mobs and difficulty (because reserved for levels 60). The conclusion is final, no new mob and difficulty not suited to level 60. I literally slipped on the dungeon. This is not normal, being alone with a npc I should not even have passed the first room. Funcom really needs to rework the difficulty of the dungeons. These must be challenges, dangerous areas.

1 Like

Okay, so if you all feel the vault improvements still make the vaults too easy, what would you do to make them even better? Increase NPC health? Increase NPC armor? Increase the number of NPCs? Increase the threat radius to which NPCs respond? And if so, how much of an increase are you all talking about… +10%? +100%? +1000%?

I’m just wondering what solutions there could be to the situation to make the vaults the kind of challenge you want them to be.

Personally, I’d like to see Funcom add difficulty levels to the vaults: normal and hard mode
(that way the player can decide how difficult he/she wants the experience)… chosen upon entry (maybe if a player is wearing a sigil from that vault, it goes into “hard mode” because you’d be doing it again). Normal is for what they are like now (solo player), and Hard mode would make it an experience designed for 2 players + 2 thralls (with top tier armor, weapons, and healing potions/wraps). A skilled player could still do the Hard mode, but it would be quite challenging.

1 Like

What would be usefull first to know before we could answer this question is what exactly 2.3 did to the Vaults ( in terms of upscaling to lvl 60 ) , cause I tested most of the test-live vaults and they didn’t seem much different from the ones I do now on officials.

By the way I’m not saying I dislike them , I quite like them as they are , because of my need for eldarium I don’t want to have to take 30+ min per vaults , but if the reward in the end chest gets also an up on amount of eldarium , I wouldn’t mind taking more time per vaults .

But as they stated they made them more lvl 60 content , and I don’t really notice any major difference…
I’m just stating that maybe it wasn’t a singnificant buff enough ?

1 Like

This is a great idea. Some other games I’ve played in the past had a difficulty choice for “dungeons”. The higher diff options would increase the experience gains and the rewards would improve.

I can’t see making them any easier than they are now. I know @Croms_Faithful wants to have a couple “training vaults” for lower levels, but nobody stays low level for very long and I think it would not be very beneficial in the long run. But have a "Standard (current diff), Journeyman (50% harder) and Master (100% harder) vault choice and you can’t choose a harder difficulty, until completing a prior difficulty.

Maybe make the fiend Sigil only drop from the Master difficulty?

Have the harder levels increase the chance for recipes? Increase the odds of getting one that you have not already learned?

For sure would increase the amount of Eld crystals that drop from critters and quantity found in chests.

1 Like

Yes, increase NPC health and increase npc armor is a good idea.
Regarding, the only test I did, we could easily increase by 200% even more !!! because frankly, rolling mobs to the final boss without using a single potion and armed with a star metal weapon (not even a legendary weapon) while being alone with a thrall, it’s just not interesting.
But the problem is in my opinion more complicated. Most mobs attack in melee. Groups of mobs should have melee attacks but also ranged and somtimes aoe (area effects) in the same fight. Because just increasing the points of life is just increasing the duration of the fights but not really the difficulty.
Regarding Hard mode, I validate at 10,000%, it’s a grandiose idea. On the other hand I will see the hard mode only by group of 3 players and especially without thralls.

1 Like

Agreed with ideas about boosting difficulty of Vaults apart from the one the boosts difficulty if you got something. Imho never do that. Whats the point of equipping yourself if you know that then the vault will also have harder enemies?

I could see the vault adapting to number of persons (players+thralls) or just adding more detiales difficulty sliders: one would be for as its now , the other would be “average number of persons in guilds on your server”.

But imho all this is good but not enough. To make it really interesting each end boss should be special.

For example some ideas:

1- Depending on coloring takes dmg only from one type of dmg (blunt,point, slice)
2- Has 110 % armor so you need to sunder first.
3-Special attacks that you need to evade if you see them preparing (there is a bit of this now, but its so weak you dont really care)
4-Can be damaged only for 30 seconds after a fire orb was thrown at him (ice shield)
5- Perodical spawning of helper mobs that complicates the fight.
6- You need to hit with ranged wepaons some high placed points on the boss before it starts taking dmg.
etc.

And these details about how to kill those boss should be seeded in notes all around the isle, making them not to difficult to find. Or just in that dungeon of that particular boss.

I played through all of the vaults in the same non-epic medium armor with a star-metal axe and a t3 Stygian fighter. Some of the vaults need more mobs. Some of the mobs need to be buffed. In general though, many of the vaults really just need to be re-organized in ways that puts players into dangerous situations where they’re forced to make tactical decisions.

For example, the southern goblin vault needs more mobs and all the goblins in that vault need to be placed in large groups in each of that vault’s large chambers. The goblins are only really dangerous when there are so many of them that you might get surrounded and unable to avoid their charge attack.

Katana.

Well, at this point it doesn’t really matter as you never encounter more than five or six unless you intentionally run all the way to the end and intentionally agro all of them.