Stop Complaining!

Not a bot, gullible and ridiculous, but not a bot.

3 Likes

Hi, well as a developer in the game industry and I have a dev friend working on the gameā€¦and of course I played the game, get the last patch and everything works ok except for nudityā€¦ needed to re applyā€¦I totally agree with @ [Mysticdash], just because simply the game come like this is because of the abuse of the players who think they have voice on how the game must be or complaining about a job they donā€™t know at all!!! Iā€™m in this industry for more than 25 yearsā€¦and is amazing how the players now think they have the ā€œrightā€ to complain about ā€¦a game for god sake is just a gameā€¦if itā€™s buggy deal with itā€¦when I was in my 10-15 I had MSDOS XT or AT 286 a pain in the a$$ to make something work with a lot of glitch/bug/hung/ etc etc, plus the commodore 64 data tapesā€¦ughā€¦ plus that the graphics were ā– ā– ā– ā–  as hellā€¦but we love that because was a game!!.
About the guy who says ā€œā€¦you didnā€™t read my postā€¦I have a bug that make my game not runā€ since itā€™s not the case for EVERYONE, fix it your selfā€¦but since you donā€™t know how to, try this:

Copy the game save data on an USB (only the ~62MB file) delte everything after, game plus save games, reinstall everything, lunch the game, run in solo just to see if the game worksā€¦copy the saved usb file. AFTER that you can be worried about and if you are playing in a serverā€¦well ask nicely to the team to check your save status.

Cheers,
Alex

1 Like

Lol

more lol

ROFL

This guy deserves a priceā€¦

4 Likes

heheh thanks but no, I just in crunch and iā€™m tired.

No, it wasnā€™t. I play since day 1 of early access and Funcom has deceived many of us (streamers) coming on our live streams while exposing bugs and exploits with phrases like ā€œOH ITā€™S FIXED ON OUR INTERNAL VERSIONā€.
The fact that ā€œevery other game does itā€ doesnā€™t matter, so if every other neighbours of yours steal cars youā€™d be stealing cars too, right?

Fixing is done in closed alpha, that never happened for this game, or open beta, early access in our case.
They just wanted to push a release so their stocks on market stocks would have movement to show to their government who bailed them out of bankrupcy.
I might be wrong, I hope Iā€™m wrong, but I hope youā€™ll understand people like me who are here since day 1 of early access who never got a straigh answer are just watching the same wheel spinning and spinning since one and a half year.

3 Likes

And thats why this game is in its death throws. Terrible dismissive attitude towards the players justifiable complaining about a substandard product, fix it yourself indeed. You dont seem to understand who pays your wages and your friends. And yes the players have an absolute right to express their opinions on a product they PAID for, ever hear of consumer protection law?

4 Likes

You yourself just said Iā€™ve played since early access. Early access means it is a game in some form of alpha or beta stage -_-

Yes, but now the game is on full release now. Itā€™s not early access.

I was a funcom defender too, and I stated clearly when the game came out of early access that I would be their worsth enemy if bugs wich i and others where told ā€œwhere fixed in their internal development versionā€ went live.

Iā€™m just keeping my promise.

2 Likes

WRONG!!! you pay the publisherā€¦the publisher pays the company firstā€¦and we devs are slave from publisher. BUT for players you think you are paying usā€¦WRONG!! indeed what you do as players is making us make BUGS because we have the pressure of our publisher our producers our family and of course now the so called ESPORTS pro players/ Streamers who think that they have the right just because they put 0.000000000001 of the money to the publisher who spend ~20% on us to make u pay them the other 80% THAT NEVER come to us againā€¦in general.

and sorry for you Iā€™m not a defender of FUNCOM, I hated everytime I loose something in the game!!! but I donā€™t complain to the devs!! for that, because the game is good enough base on the standards/demanding from today middle companies. AND I ADVICE EVERYONE THE GAME WILL NEVER BE BUG FREE AT ALL!!! NEVER!!!

Duh, how is the games indusry funded. Is it people buying games or the magical money tree growing in your fantasy world???

3 Likes

ā€¦did someone play with friends footballā€¦is fair? specially when on of your friends bring another team that you donā€™t know the people on it? is buggy too, specially when they kick you strong and there is NO referee, or did you play poolā€¦whit friends who donā€™t know the rulesā€¦ and they inventā€¦thats are BUGS TOOā€¦but people still playing itā€¦

ā€¦like any other industry smart aa$$ first you offer a product and then the people decided to buy itā€¦or notā€¦then when the demand is good enough there is the intermediates that make U believe that you are the one who has rights to ask for more and better qualityā€¦and make your own game and then tell me if itā€™s easy and if only the money that you put itā€™s enough for have the so called perfect productā€¦

I hope your bug fixing is better than your use of metaphors :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Remind me never to buy anything you have worked on. Ever. Dismiss your consumer at your peril. I understand its tiring being a devā€¦ all those stairs up to the top of your ivory tower must be a pain :slight_smile:

guys with all respect to ALL of you, like I say to my devs in my wingā€¦GET A F^%$^k life a girlfriend, ā– ā– ā–  etc etc and forget about this stupid compulsory thing of ā€œI can complain becauseā€¦ or I have right becauseā€ I know I have no full perfect right about many thingsā€¦but I know this industry better than any of you plus how to code a small/medium/big game. how the industry works and how to be a player throwing the joypad just because my thrall was in front of me when I was tying to kill a Cimmerianā€¦

good for you because you will not buy any of my games =).

but please try to be a lead dev (thatā€™s work on a project when writting in a forumā€¦thatā€™s not related too XD ,shame on me)ā€¦then we talk about crunchā€¦and then we can talk about if you can complain or not.

A fact i am thrilled about trust me, how your ever got a job in a commercial setting with your attitude towards your customers amazes me. I think your posts in this thread speak for themselves, if the toxicity you displayed is acceptable indusry behavior for devs then that explains why this game is doomed. Bye :slight_smile:

5 Likes

hahaha true right? you players make me like that =).