Suggestion: Snake Pets

This is a revival of a Topic I made two years ago, maybe this time it get’s not overlooked.

I would realy like to see Snakes added to the tamable pets, most creatures in this game can be turned into pets by now, even creatures that would have absolutly now reason to follow any command like Spiders, and realy enormous creatures like the Black Yeti.

Also I not just want Snakes to be tamable pets because I like them personaly, but because it would make sense for me from a lore standpoint, in this game you can play as a stygian, have Set as your main Religion and build Shrines for him, and even summon his Avantar, so it would be just normal for followers of Set to have at least some Snakes here and there. :slight_smile:

To get the Eggs I would suggest that you are only able to get them from an NPC, maybe from someone like Mek-kamoses or one of the NPCs in the Vulcano and only in exchange for Human Hearts to prove that you are real follower of Set.

Edit:
Updated my Idea about variants.

I would like to know what everyone is thinking about this idea. :slight_smile:

Suggetions by the community:

Raising Snake pets in the Altar of Set suggested by Deamo and Mostly_Charmless.

Reciving already placeable Snakes from Set like the gifts that are recived by Hanuman, suggested by Tuffman.

Adding Snakes as temporarily summons like the Spider Orbs from the Zath religion suggested by LostBrythunian.

Adding Snakes as placable objects Decoration/Static defense, suggested by Masmassu, everybodyvsME and Deamo.

14 Likes

Thulsa Doom had a giant pet snake, so why not?

7 Likes

You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief! He raised that snake from the time it was born.

10 Likes

Probably not. You cant trust a snake (insert pun)

1 Like

sssssnakessss would be nice.

having a few ssssslither around your bassse to protect from enemiesss and for cuddlesss

4 Likes

I asked for pet snakes ages ago and it fell on def ears but hopefully we get them at some point.
It annoys me that I worship set yet I have no sacred snake at my base.

2 Likes

Why they don’t added pet snakes by now is a mystery to me, there have been several topics before from people who requested them and I don’t see a Gameplay reasond for not adding a Pet version of snakes.

My guess as too why snakes aren’t followers that is the way they move, they probably get stuck a lot more than any followers available and would take a lot of work with pathing

2 Likes

AOC Cold Embrace Ral’asha pet cobra works just fine.

1 Like

Hi @Nadia and welcome back. As with previously, I support your call for pet snakes. And considering just how prominant both Set and snakes are to Conan lore, to me it does make good sense. I would also like to link this thread to here, where my buddy @Necro made the same request, which was overwhelmingly successful.

If I had to take a punt on it, I would say that it is likely a pathing issue. The snakes in the game, especially the large ones like those close to Murielas Hope, take up a lot of room in the width department when then move, and cannot perform a 180 turn as readily as many other followers. Now for an example: can you imagine one of those large snakes teing to manouver up and down a narrow spiral staircase in some members bases? Now do keep in mind here that I support this call. But IF it does come to fruition, you may end up limited to the small snakes…

7 Likes

@Croms_Faithful ,Correct , even on a snake purge the thing becomes confusing , so I believe too that large snakes maybe would create more issues than we already have , but …
I really like the idea of snake pets in the game and I support the request of
@Nadia . I believe that snakes will be very useful on PvP , especially the small ones . After the blood and sand dlc we are able to fix catacombs in the game and the adding of snakes in these catacombs would be really awesome .
So if they fix snakes, they should fix a perk of queen venom too for them , so the evil minds will be really satisfied :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Long as it comes with some Snake jazz.

2 Likes

My first snake will be named Fluffy. Cute widdle fella.

4 Likes

I would like to see the pet Snakes in this game delivered to us in a way befitting a set cult.

Basically the player needs to find a unique named set priest T4 then break said priest at a wheel of pain. Place that priest at a T3 (final stage) crafted set alter doing this gives the player a recipe to summon a snake of set that we could place.

The snake doesn’t need to be mobile I wouldn’t mind it just sitting in one spot just taking bites at enemy’s as they get close.

And if Funcom would like to add that snake alter animation from the Conan exiles trailer in there at some point would be the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Thanks for supporting me again. :+1:

About pathing issue, all realy big pets have some issues my freaking Rhino either comes so close to me that is basicaly impales me with it’s horn, or it runs strange paths around me and gets stuck in
trees and rocks and anything else it can find.

I believe many players would probrably use them as guards and/or decoration anyway and only take them to other places to level them, and there the automatic pet Teleport will probrably be enough to counter most issues.

And to be honest, I believe many players could live with some pathing issues if they finaly get some Snake pets. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :snake:

2 Likes

@Nadia ,You have a new command for this issue with your followers , you can now adjust the following distance so they are not on your face every time you need to do something . Yet …
The reason most of the players do not take pets with them is because they cannot armor them or give them a legendary to do more DMG , plus all the pets are really vunerable on gasses , so on PvP they are almost forbidden . On pve , if they are high lvl , witch is very difficult to be done and very expensive , they can manage a fight against bosses , but you need five minutes to heal them with arrows and really expensive food . So you understand that a Dalinsia or a Spinas is a way better choice for following (Teimos too but I hate this option) . I love the locust Queen (lvl 20) , she is the only pet that manage to live against Arena champion , yet all the others are already mentioned above .

3 Likes

@stelagel @Nadia My wife and I just got our little turtle pets on Siptah one is small the other is tiny they are wandering around on the floor. Had no idea there was such a thing. We should be able to have a pet snake even if small.

3 Likes

They are still walking around our beds

1 2q8

5 Likes

Yessssssssssss…

1 Like

Fluffy chan

7 Likes