Testlive Hotfix (11.05.2019) - Critical fixes

Hey everybody!

We’ve releasing a new hotfix for the game that should take care of a few critical issues introduced with the last patch. We would be grateful if you could check it out and let us know if you find any major issues so we increase our confidence with respect to releasing this version live as soon as possible. In particular, we’re interested to know if you experience any major issues regarding corpses physics and the ability to loot them.

One of the critical issues addressed in this hotfix was the ability to knock out and break some NPC bosses, which is completely unintentional. Since it could result in some critical balancing problems within the game, there will be a targeted wipe of any boss-mob that has been captured: that affects ALL NPCs from the Dagon dungeon and the emissaries from the Volcano area (Emissary of Haon-Dor and Emissary of Tsathouggu).

This wipe will come into action once all official servers are being restarted to apply the patch when it is released live. We sincerely apologize for the short notice, but we agreed that this would cause an extreme imbalance in the game mechanics if not acted upon swiftly.

Thanks again community for your continued feedback and support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes

ai

• Players can no longer knock out and break the Emissary bosses from the Underwater Dungeon. PLEASE NOTE: Any existing thralls gained in this way will be removed in a patch shortly.
  • Inventory of Gazelles is now back from 10 to 20.
  • Fixed an issue that made a number of NPCs unavailable in the game.

general

• Fixed an issue that would prevent climbing in caves and other locations.
  • Fixed a visual issue in which human NPC corpses would flicker or disappear.
  • Nordheimer heart now correctly drops from Tier 4 Nordheimer enemies.

terrain

• Resources can be harvested in dungeons again (i.e Black Ice in the Temple of Frost).

ui

• Conflict option in Server Browser’s Combat Mode drop-down is now functional again.
  • Server Settings in menu can now be saved again.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented resolution settings from applying correctly.
  • The Event log privacy option is available again in the server settings menu.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

5 Likes

Before you put in more content maybe you should worry more about making the official servers more stable and not crash every 30 seconds to 5 minutes, that is how you can keep people playing more and purchase more of your content.

No god bubble Fix? upon server reset it disappears, so lasts 1 raid time, its already extreme that you now had to farm 500 kills for 500 zeal for a bubble but now they only last 1 raid time not 2, bloody joke.

2 Likes

What about the issue with doors/gates where you can’t open underwater and if you have multiple doors you keep opening and closing the first one. You cant look through an open door anymore you just see the door even when open.

Don’t have allot of time to test today but passage is climbable again and corpses stay and stopped flickering. Good job.
:metal::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Exactly! I mean I guess we’ll have to wait months for this one to get fixed and tbh that’s extremely frustrating and a little poor from Funcom to not even acknowledge or mention it at all here in this patch.

I mean even if they said they was working on that still but don’t have a fix yet we could at least know that but to totally leave us in the dark about it is not right.

This is so the exact same hotfix and build than the current live one. Exact ?

Can we expect a new testlive patch soon ? Just to know where do my tests, and not do all in double check. :wink:

@Ignasi

Trying to confirm: * Fixed an issue that made a number of NPCs unavailable in the game.

Does this mean that T4 alchemists are spawning correctly once again?

They should be. Please let us know on the PC bugs and updates section if that’s not the case (this patch is now on the live version)

1 Like

Is the patch available for ps4 yet?

Ok, thanks for the confirmation, so now this and the livebuild are identical.

Good to know, and not double check all. :wink:

Yes, can confirm, did similar climbing tests in the passage.

This is working fine again for me.

Edit: settings also are working now like intended. Thanks !

1 Like

You need to fix the god bubbles to weekly or you have just killed the official servers on Xbox it’s stupid 500 thralls a day for a bubble I can’t farm I can’t do dungeons because my time is negated to thralls abd zeal it’s broken my clan and few others playing for 280 days

1 Like

Is the attribute glitch going to be fixed? Still broken on ps4… max stat characters part 2.

1 Like

Ok so ive noticed one my server 3003 EU region some of our building pieces have just gone from existence. My archer towers have been cut in half and our fully upgraded yog altar vanished and we ended up spending loads more time making it again. Please fix these issues as building the same stuff over and over again is time consuming and boring if im honest and I dont wanna leave the game as I enjoy so much when it works.

Please use this section for Testlive discussions. For PS4, please write in its designated section.
Thanks.

1 Like

There hasn’t been a test live patch in going on 2 weeks.

There are still loads of bugs. Is funcom throwing in the towel on fixing bugs? Are the bugs still here really so hard to fix that in 2 weeks no bugs have been dealt with enough to patch for testing? It’s been a week and there have been no fixes on Live either.

They me be focused on some PVP PVE-c exploits that are pretty much game breaking right now. This will happen when they have a major issue. Everything else gets moved back code wise. Art department probably the only ones not effected at all. Maybe the AI department, but the actual coders who hand le everything else are probably trying to figure out the right fix, where it occurred, and how it can be prevented in future patches.

Hey everybody,

When Testlive is patched you’re going to see new patch notes in this subsection. The patch will come when it’s ready.
Since the patch in this thread is already deployed live, we’ll proceed to close the comments for it. Please continue any discussions in a new thread in its corresponding subsection.
Thanks.