Testlive Patch (22.05.2020) - Followers re-balancing, Avatar fixes and more!

Ok, soooo lets go back to December 2019, when the thrall leveling patch came. Or a little bit before, when the dev stream about it came and Funcom told us, they thralls get signifcantly stronger.

There my opinion was: Why? They are already strong (see videos from the past).

So at least, dont make lvl20 thralls stat & dmg wise worse than legacy thralls!

To balance PvP: 2 ideas

1. have a general setting, that thralls DMG VS human players and set it to sth PvP are happy with. But this would also make base defending worse - like current testlive nerf.

2. the other idea would be: A thrall who follows you + 5-10 mins after it (cooldown phase) makes lower dmg against human players. So base defending would be the same and PvP with thralls would be more balanced.

For PvE: Correct me if I am wrong, but I think all bosses are single-target in this game. So a new weapon-type or attribute, which you get only after lvl60 (or can craft then).

Boss-killing weapons. Work only against a single-target. So if you fight against a group and lets say, you got a bosskilling 1h axe or “enchanted” one (oil, kit, etc), your swing attack only dmg the first target it hits.
And whats making the weapons special? We introduce the good old: Critical hit chance mechanic with this “boss-killing” weapons (again). So somtimes they make great dmg, but not on every hit.

Also lets say, the weapons you “enchant” with dont lose any durability when applying it, but cannot be repaired. So that you dont run around with boss-killing weapons clearing ALL PvE content - or if you do it, it will costs you many “enchantments” and legendary weapons.

More I cannot come up with at the evening and also my job is not game-designing :smiley: Do you have any better ideas, except nerf thralls?

My idea for PvE wouldnt be a major buff for players, so that PvP is again un-balanced. But simple NO changes for players (weapon-wise or anything else) and just nerfing thralls = make the player heroes?