TestLive Pets, combat and Dungeons update, oh my! [17/08/2018]

In his defense, there were several threads asking for feeding of thralls, but only a handful that agreed with it. The vast majority have always been opposed, and as you see now, some turned against it when actually faced with it, lol.

Please, donā€™t mention water again, otherwise Iā€™ll have to litter my base with food pots AND wells. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yog meat is easy to obtain is what I really meant to say sorry as in kill or look for a dead thrall and whack it with a bone but when you look at it as mass farming then yes it is quite a chore I agree but if you have say 20 thralls and you kill and harvest 20 thralls and place One Yog meat into the inventory of your thralls it will stay and not decay giving you planty of time to get more by the time the thrall has eaten through the rest it will have a little stock pile not to mention the amount of thralls we kill on a dayly basis yog meat can accumulate quite quickly.

How to you even make shadespiced food? Either Iam noy figuring it out or its broken on single player. I did start playing on testlive server yesterday but my connection died.

Only thing I didnt test is a full stack of shade bloom and full stack of meat.

Do you have the recipes available?

I think the pets health needs reworkedā€¦Alot of them are ok but some are way to low.

Here is something in the works that is better suited to development time. Suggestion: Thrall musicians and placeable food!

I can see it now. During an attack, the thralls pick up their lutes, flutes and horns and start beating enemies over the head with 'em. :joy:

2 Likes

No, where to you aquire then? I killed all the bosses but the fights are way buggy on single player

I am not sure but thought I read if you eat the meat that dropped off final boss it teaches the religion and gives you the recipes

Itā€™s true if you eat the meat of rememberance you learn the religion.
The shadebloom is also harvested from the bosses itā€™s just rare like the gold ore.
Place shade flowers in the fire pit along with the food you want and it turns it into shade bloom food
I did this with shadebloom+ fibre and god shaded fibre for my camel but I donā€™t think my camel ate it it just ate the regular fibre.

That I did, had to spawn the boss with admin, but I eat the meat and upgraded the altar to t3 last night, still not cooking.
Today will gather a stack of shadebloom, is the last idea I have.

Do you have a thrall on the shrine that may be where you get the recipes depending on level of thrall. Also have you checked your recipe list under Feats to see if it put it there and mentions what you need to cook it on.

Unfortunately there is no shadespice recipe and all shade food is cooked in the campfires from what iv found.

Believe it or not when I entered the den to farm some sacred blood, I found a Jhebbal Sag arch priest.

1 Like

Lucky bugga all iv found is a high priestā€¦ but sheā€™s cute so Iā€™m not really complaining. :smirk:

2 Likes

I sincerely hope that you are right.

1 Like

Game Mode: Testlive_US_1
Problem: Bug

Double spawns are occurring in the North at thrall camps. On top of that, they arenā€™t aggroing until you get very close. The wildlife is aggroing just fine, and these guys fight back after hit. (there were only 7 people online at this time.)

20180821110553_1

Bug Report Thrall Death On Server Start
Online (US2) | Single Player

Summary: When hunger becomes implemented and the server is made live, thralls in the world die before your eyes at the next login.

Steps to reproduce (can be done with Private server)

1. Operate a populated server with thralls in the world
  2. Set the server to ā€œTestLiveā€ with Taming + Feeding
  3. Log in as soon as server is up and every thrall dies before your eyes
  4. Ghost to other playersā€™ props and see their standing thralls are dead too

Starvation mechanism is ill-considered, kills thralls, punishes players

6 Likes

Hi everyone, hi devs, I just created an account to express one more disappointed/outraged customer.

I watched the video from Polarbear, from Firespark81 and I stunned by what I saw. (Big up guys, you do amazing job)

How do you guys plan the stuff that needs to change? I mean everyone said the Vault was OP because it was too easy to craft. Not because it had too much HP. You were able to change required materials without a glimpse for some T3 building parts (hello Oil) but you couldnā€™t do it for vaults?
25 Jars now is a joke. Since everything else is tending to a T3 system why not with the vault? T1 Vault T2 etc.
Some nice ideas like clan limitation of max 2 vaults to prevent people from spawning them all around the map were also not considered/used.

Iā€™m guessing this has to do with some agressive clans playing the vault only game. They have no base, few T4 thralls and hidden vaults everywhere. They put a few structures in remote places, put a map crafting benches, convert to tar or dragon powders, destroy the few buildings needed, and move to another place/prepare for next raidā€¦

You mention in a forum post way too much information that are not highlighted in the patch post. Trebs orbs etc are being changed to fit a upcoming new siege mechanic? No more details but itā€™s implemented. We have to do the maths on our own to see what you guys plan to change now, whine about it, because nowhere itā€™s explained where youā€™re going with it? And we play 1 month with this stuff until the rest is ok? Why not wait for it, or even better ask the community what they think of it first.

Thrall feeding system? Yes I play on the same server since launch, we have more than 100+ thralls to defend the base since we have 3 wheels in volcano, not counting the others. So now weā€™re gonna spend our time not farming jars (since we need much less to break into vaults lol) but some dumb meat parts all around the map? The thralls are spreaded on the multiple layers of the fortress and out in the different walls protecting it. I donā€™t even want to try to open one of those feeding pit to see my UI crash. Could you at least promise us that the feeded thrall will work as intented and now having full bellies they will actually do something if an agressive clan or a purge comes around? Or will they still run to opponent, ewuip weapons, make a face check and stop?

Gas raiding with arrow+orbs is still gonna be awesome, no more pets, no more thralls (the one still alive), we needed even more gas for sureā€¦ Can we get masks for pet?

Furthermore, no I wonā€™t go deeper in the testlive section, testing a 17GB patch full of unfinished stuff. This is a joke. We should as many said do the last 10%, not 90%.

First fix the bugs that are around since ages. No communication needed until itā€™s done. Then balance the content which seems to be bothering you, like server load, then put time effort and money in new free content, then some more DLC you seem eager to release (also Maybe one that is not bugged when launchedā€¦ also a joke).

Youā€™re going way too fast with some changes and way too slow with some others.
Priorities are wrong, and my 2 cents is that the game is gonna lose another 20ish% til next month if this goes live, if not more.

I love this game, we had awesome raiding adventures over the months, but every patch I see since release is not making it looking better.

5 Likes

Yeah like the bug with the sandstorm it shows I am in a shelter but still taking damage from storm. This is on a PVE-C non official server.

Bug Report Midnight Grove Potion Abuse Potential
Single Player | Online

Summary: it is possible to escape/glitch the Midnight Grove Bull Bossā€™ death charge, or PVP conflicts in Midnight Grove because you can still teleport to Midnight Grove while being in Midnight Grove.

Steps to repeat

1. Craft multiple Potions of Midnight
  2. Get into a fight in Midnight Grove
  3. Teleport to safety using spare potions
  4. Heal, do it again
4 Likes