Testlive Update 2.5 - Discussion thread

Where? Who? Whaaat?

Hey everybody,

We just released a new Testlive patch. Patchnotes for 2.5c:

3 Likes

I don’t like this version (2.5c) yet.

• Fatal Error popped up (it happened only once) on Siptah (singleplayer) after trying to create a new character in an existing save file game.
  • The opening movie of Siptach was invisible (subtitles and audio were present).
  • Weapons showed all the time on the backs of companions, regardless of the selected settings.

Maybe when I play a little, these errors will disappear

If anything happens again I will definitely create a thread for it.

3 Likes
  • FOV slider will be enabled on consoles with this release.

Impossibru! How this will affect the performance?

After a long examination:

• Fatal error reappeared when the character died (on Siptah only), but I am not able to pinpoint the exact reasons for this yet.
  • The opening movie of Siptah didn’t fix itself - I’ll make a new thread about it [link] (everything seems fine in the Live version of the game).
  • Regarding the weapons of companions, this is not an important bug. Changing the settings in the menu does not trigger changes for the NPC. You must individually take off their weapons for each of them or do any interaction to make them update.
  • I also noticed a few missing numbers - I will also do a separate thread about it [link].

This update could be one of the best updates for a long time - It has the potential:

• Small pens, new weapons, animations and fixes.
  • The climb is so much better - not perfect, but definitely better.
    • The most difficult thing to climb is still one of the columns in Muriela’s Hope (on Exiled Lands), the one with the chest on top.
      • What is more strange, I also found there smoke coming from an invisible fire (next to the column, by the benches).
  • There are also new :star_struck: higher graphics settings (above Ultra) called “Cinematic” :eyes: !!!
  • The display of the weapons on the back and showing all of the health values :heart: is wonderful.

“Never in my life I needed something so much and never known until I received it.”

5 Likes

That is great news. But you are still forgetting someone. When will Crom be coming to the Isle of Siptah, and for that matter the Exiled Lands too? :mountain_snow: There should be a means to learn the Crom religion, without having to either select him at the character creation screen, or forever miss out. Furthermore, both myself and other members have requested that Crom worshippers be given an actuall means to destroy the artifacts (offerings) of other gods, citing the following illogical premise: why must the followers of a savage barbarian god pledge allegiance to another god just to be able to destroy the artifacts of a rival god
?. At the very least players ahould be able to put the artifacts/offerings of other gods through the Dismantling Bench; whether they return anything or not.

3 Likes
  • DLC-skinned pets will not eat or produce items in pen.

Er, that looks more like a bug, because until a pet is placed in the real world, you should be able to return it to the feeding pen for it to produce dung, stone, ironstone, gold/silver or ichor, right?

1 Like

I don’t understand what you are complaining about here.

I’m guessing they mean foundation spam. Nothing to do with the TestLive build.

3 Likes

Is it just me or is the bugged Yellow Lotus Potion still missing as a fix in the 2.5 update?

This has been dragging on for months. To be clear: I’m not going back to Siptah until this is fixed and my steam review will remain on “Not recommended” for as long as you guys at Funcom keep ignoring it. :rage:

Going back on your word and asking money for the expansion is one thing, but selling me a broken game that deletes my progress adds a whole new level of f***ed up, doesn’t it?

1 Like

What bug with yellow lotus potion?

It randomly deletes recipes from your feats.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback. However, this is a thread to discuss the additions of the patch, let’s keep the forum organized to avoid loss of information.

Please submit a bug report by using the bug template and we will forward it to the team.

We appreciate everyone’s collaboration and feedback.

2 Likes

Please keep discussion on-topic to the latest Testlive build and constructive (e.g. objective points, and without insulting anyone). Cleaning up some replies. Thank you!

4 Likes

Guys, i have a strong suggestion for you to add a six in your new testlive patch. You updated thrall feeding system in a way last time you fixed it that it no becomes a nightmare to manage thralls and the stat growing foods that they’re supposed to “eat” to gain the 14% buff to a particular stat growth. they are no t doing it if on full health, they keep pulling food out of the thrall pot and storing it in their inventories, so now players have to go around and pick that food back and re-store it in the thrall feeding pot
its insanely frustrating and totally unneeded. THe way thrall feeding mechanics were beforehand was absolutely great and things could be fixed fast as they consumed a unit of food everytime it got put into their inv. as one would expect. If you can revert that change - bingo. and, just a suggestion, you don’t rip up the foundations of a house, AFTER you’ve built that house - bad things can happen. improve, don’t change core underlying mechanics. you’re creating more potential problems if you do that.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been considered yet
 Regarding the testlive patch notes for radium torches updates to accept any dye color, will the black dye be used as way to turn “off” the radium torches? If not, this is a suggestion :smile:

2 Likes

I am not liking the animation implementations with daggers. I am getting a sluggish vibe, and it is killing my combat game. Please either rework dagger combos, or the way animations affect combos. ~thx

It could be black fire

“ If you shine a low-pressure sodium lamp on a yellow sodium flame, the flame will be black. Flames emits light and heat, so it seems impossible to make black fire. However, you actually can make black fire by controlling the wavelengths of absorbed and emitted light.”

I didn’t know this was even a thing

1 Like

Or you could ask starfire even if she and her sister aren’t close🙃

2 Likes

There is a question which I would like to ask regarding this change, which will determine my follow up reply.

Continuing the discussion from Testlive Update 2.5 (24.06.2021) - The QoL and Bugfixing update!:

Will there still be any possible way to trigger a Purge along the southern banks of the River biome, such as by using a Convergance Trap? Or for that matter an Admin Setting to overide this change/exclusion?

5 Likes