Testlive Update 2.5 - Discussion thread

Is that on an official server? mine on my test live only stack to 20 lol

I agree, but the stable really has 1 single function so that’s why I find it the most unnecessary add
The different benches cleared the clutter inside the crafting benches recipes, but mostly for console.

1 Like

welp, now we have to deal with that

1 Like

Mounts were a new feature, so they wanted to add a new placeable for it to show off. Plus not everyone tames animals so having a smaller Stable made sense. Now with the changes to follow how the Stables were initially set up, animal pens are smaller so it worked out in the long run who want to be compact bases.

Nice adds overall.

Feedback on katana :

new sprint attack is cool, better than the old one. wielding stance is
debatable
and sheathed katana is awesome, appreciated the effort.

However, the speed of katana new light attack is great but the animations are somewhat clunky and awkward, feel like dancing or trying to hit a fly with a swatter, maybe add more ferocity into it would be nice.

Heavy attacks animation is way too slow, even slower than 2h sword’s special attack which is weird
considering that katana is a swift weapon. Compared to 2h sword, katana heavy attacks have inferior range/AoE, lower hyper-armor and no build-in status effect except the 4th which is just 1 bleed stack
and not worth using them to build up charge, people will just gonna spam light attacks instead and completely ignored the new heavy attacks. imo, tweak is needed on this.

In the meantime, check out my 3rd sheathed sword :rofl:

3rdsword

(serpentes sword)

3 Likes

Claws are that one weapon that if you dont know how to use its hard to know how to counter, but claws are very counterable. The greatsword is extremely good at it. Its just a matter of anticipation. Especially that most claw users will use the combo when the claws are better when alternating light and heavy witout entering the combo animation this making you more mobile and able to always control where you are going. Even with this claws are very much counterable its just a matter of knowing how

1 Like

If you mean that katana is a swifter weapon than 2 handed swords in real life logic thats a hollywood myth.

Depending on the type of 2 handed swords, longswords which is the proper therm for a standard two handed sword, or greatswords which are almost a polearm at this point and big big swords like a sweihander.

From what we see in the game the “greatswords” are more like longswords. But your character uses them like a baseball bat European longswords are very light and agile weapons more than one handed in actually because you use two hands to weild them.

Katana actually tends to be a little heavier than longswords but in no way are they heavy in the grand scheme of things. but they are a little more top heavy too. In all. And all realistically speaking katanas and longswords are pretty similar.

Game mechanics speaking tough i agree that katanas should be made faster

Muy grande la actualización, pero a base de robar Mod (gratis) y incluirlo al juego Original
 asi cualquiera crea DLC. Pero los servidores Jce.C de Ps4 y bugazos importantes nada de nada
 no entiendo como seguís creando contenido
 la comunidad de Consola tambien paga para jugar no para que amplíen PC y Consola quede en el Olvido

You fight someone like Lunatic he will wait for animation break or for you to miss and just spam you to death. he is the best claw player in Conan Right now and i can assure you. there is NO real counter to them especially in a 1v3 or group vs group sense.

I keep forgetting people play this game online.

Item description from Claws of Jhebbsl Sag still in game.

"With these equipped, the works takes on a red tinge. The power of Jhebbal Sag surges and the beast takes control.

With these equipped, new combinations of moves unlock and a warrior becomes a feral beast in combat"

They are clearly not what is in game right now.

That’s why I say they should be unique as opposed to regular bone claws. It’s an RP thing for me.

If they are indeed OP in PVP as you say then maybe they need adjusting but not copy past punching daggers and nerfing.

I like their new animations and if anything it should give you a berserker buff or something to make sense of that but the animations are good atm where they are and should not be touched

Well if you like them, you like them. I’m not going to argue that point. I just think they’re should be a choice in game and that a special religious item should be special.

As you say, the spear of Mitra isn’t anything special either and they should be for a top tier weapon. Much like the Tenderiser of Yog.

At the moment they’ve taken that away from the game.

1 Like

Ive never had problem fighting claws yet. Maybe unless i have an horrible ping then the desync is real but even then. Things like one hander or axes have a lot of hyper armor which destroys the claws. You just have to not leave yourself open and roll out of any failed attacks. Unless you’re going for a delay and try to catch them. The thihg with conan is that unless you run out of stamina, rolling is that you can always roll out of a stagger at anythime, you have to iframe dodge INTO the claws.

Theses animations are almost slower than a heavy from a hammer, there is absolutely no way that anyone will hit anybody with the claws anymore, the hammer hits are already so slow that i can go get myself a coffee and come back to iframe it by the time one attack is made. The claws are not only slower but also lacks range and are so stationary that everything will bully them without leaving them options to respond to anything. The claws with these animations are strait up unusable.

You rolling will stam you out and I will wait for you to stop using a combo
 you can’t beat a good claw user with how the combat is set up.now
 maybe with sonic roll but not now

I disagree with this statement, a lot is about how you moved around, nothing is unbeatable. you can roll a good 4 times in light armor, thats more than enough roll attack roll is something i do all the time. If the claws are to be reworked then they should rework them to something that is actually usuable which the current test live ones aren’t

1 Like

I disagree. And if you would like to prove me wrong about the claws. add me on discord and we can PvP and i will use claws and show you how the other people use them. Claws at this current state use NO stamina and or have a grit build which by the way you can rol poke roll poke, ima count your rolls
 and i will catch you either in between or after and force you to either stam or get stun locked
 there is little to NO counterplay bub you’re talking to a guy who spent almost an entire 18 hours or longer trying each weapon to counter the siptah claws and exiled claws 
 if the person knows what theyre doing. you are dead

I have around 6000 hours on conan.

Stun lock dosnt exist in conan as long as you have stamina you can roll out of any stuns.

Ive also failed to mention sheilds they are super annoying when using claws, the only way really to kind of counter that is to hit with the right claw on the persons right that makes the claw user pass trough its target, but it still weild no damage and i think it stuns the blocked claws now.

As for pvp. Prehaps when this girl isn’t so busy and depressed that could be fun.

I have tried a shield and if we bring up total hours I been playing in total I have played since this game didn’t have a climb and wacky inflatable arm inflatable tube man combat. You can’t counter a good claw user. I have video proof of it. Tried every weapon homie. All of them only way to counter it is to be using it yourself or have multiple people jumping them. But it’s unlikely since If one person uses it
 they all will
 trust me I have played this game in comp tourneys and they are banned for that exact reason