Texture and asset loading issues after 2.4.4 - PS4Pro/PS5/Base PS4

Merged another thread into this one dealing with a slightly different outcome of the same issue. Also changed the title of the topic to better identify the problem.

To summarize, the issue seems to stem from a bottleneck on loading assets (being textures, models or geommetry). It does seem to be worse on PS4Pro and PS5 systems, most likely due to the enhanced settings for the Pro model, which the PS5 also inherits. Installing on an SSD (or a PS5’s internal storage) alleviates, but does not stop these issues, especially on Pro and PS5.

These are the issues now being looked into. There’s no ETA we can share at the moment for a fix, but at the moment this sits as the top issue in terms of priority for PS4 internally.

7 Likes

In the meantime, you could make the wait more happy by publishing the hotfix with the problem already solved internally of full nudity😅

1 Like

That issue is solved and coming with the next patch. Unfortunately, pushing patches on PS4 (and Xbox) is not as easy and immediate as on PC. But it is coming.

7 Likes

May I suggest adding a sticky post with details of what’s being addressed or solved in the upcoming patch currently or to be soon in the certification process. And also issues that are being looked into for future patches. It’ll help with a lot of the confusion and repeat posts here.

2 Likes

What about standard PS4s, non-Pro versions? I only ask because you only mention Pros and 5s in this statement.

2 Likes

Thats great that they actually Tool a high prio in this well done!

As someone asked, will this patch solve the issue for ps4 aswell as the Pro version?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, same thing I deal ALL the time. It’s beyond frustrating. I play on a standard PS4.

2 Likes

Have the team given a date for patch?

5 Likes

Because there are only a handful of official Siptah servers in the US, our groups decided to get our own. I can say it runs much better with 10 players than 40. However, there are times when the invisible NPCs show up, but usually only for 10 seconds at most. The problem that occurs the most is my screen will show an animal or person frozen in place/walking away while I am attacking them. They aren’t doing what is shown, but are attacking me. I just can’t see it. When the game catches up, I am either dead or standing over their body.

On official, everything is invisible for up to 5 minutes.

1 Like

Ps4 is unplayed, patch died this game

1 Like

When i look at this there are many, many people complaining about issues that basicly makes the game very unpleasent to play.

Funcom came with a statement that they have found the issue with the laggy game and visual issues, and that they will sort it in the next patch and thats good news, But to just say that patch xbox and ps4 is not at easy as PC dosent really cut it.

Which state are you in at the moment, is the console patch completed, and awaiting approval from MS and Sony?

Or have you recognized the issue, but havent realy sorted it out?

You need to keep us in the loop and have us updated, You cant just say “its not easy to patch” so shall we wait 1 week, or 6 months until the patch could drop?

Thanks

2 Likes

Our latest status update about this issue can be found here:

2 Likes

@SquashEm Thanks for the video. It matches the results of our investigations More on that on the last paragraphs. :point_down: :point_down:

@speedice That also seems to align with what we’ve finding out through testing. :point_down:

We’ve been testing this collating it with other reports we’ve received on Xbox (in particular One S models). The issue at hand seems to be caused by some out of memory issues and it is mostly happening once the database (savegame) reaches a certain size/ complexity. Meaning, those who have just started playing on singleplayer or smaller servers start to find this issue a few dozen hours into the game, while in bigger saves, private servers databases and official servers, this issue can manifest itself right away due to the amount of assets that needs loaded in.

That’s what we’re now looking into and trying to squash. With 2.4.6 we’ve added more optimizations that will mostly address the hitching/freezing also reported on consoles, but for the memory issues, we don’t have any ETA we can provide at the moment.
Once again, and for clarification:

2 Likes

Game mode: [ Select one: Online official]
Type of issue: [ Select one: Performance ]
Server type: [ Select one: PvP ]
Region: [ EU ]
Hardware: [ PS4 pro ]

Bug Description:

NPC’s and players are often invisible. The attack noise for Human NPC’s is the rocknose sound effect. Other sound effects take sometimes a long time to play, maybe 10 seconds after you jump your character makes a noise. The graphics are awful, the far background looks terrible. The water effects are dreadful. Buildings and bases take a long time to spawn in, even small buildings. The loading when respawing and teleporting has increased a lot.

Expected Behavior:

The game to look and perform and least as well as it did before the patch and not worse!! .

Steps to Reproduce:

*Load exiled lands and be disappointed. *

8 Likes

There Is an ETA for 2.4.6 update?

2 Likes

This is a good summery of the many issues I’ve been experiencing as well.

Possibly related to the loading issues:

• resource nodes disappear after I hit them and then reappear in 15-90 seconds. I believe the game is swapping out the static node asset to the interactable asset of the node
  • Lots of invisible enemies (often I’m getting attacked before I even know what is attacking me) and
  • enemies that get stuck in an animation on my screen even while my followers are clearly fighting them somewhere else (looks like they are attacking something invisible)
3 Likes

I’m having the same problem in my game as well. It also takes up to two minutes for the building around me to load. I died due to waiting for my own house to load cause I was standing on a spike and couldn’t see it.
It takes between a minute and two for stuff to load around me, pretty much every time I go up to something.
Like I can see the items inside the house before it loads.

The water is grey and foggy. The far off horizon has a line, or is foggy, or blurry. I don’t know what I’m being attacked by because I can’t see it. Both my follower and I have done a floating thing with our arms out. I freeze when I try to open anything, repeatedly.

I appreciate the new addition of Siptah but I’ve barely gotten to see the Exile land and I’d prefer to paly more of that, for now.

I’m in 3518 PVE, if that helps.
Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

I play on PVE and I’m having the same issues but I just want to say that you said this perfectly.

If I’m not having fun, I’m not playing. 100% how I’m feeling.

4 Likes

Hey there,

Just another quick update on this issue:
We’ve bundled a first round of optimization fixes in 2.4.6, which we aim to release sometime this month. It has currently undergone internal and closed beta testing, and has been sent to certification. At this point we’re waiting to see if the patch passes certification or not, and if not, how to address that.
This round of fixes will likely alleviate, but not completely fix the problems discussed in this thread. They address hitching and freezes, and loading times for game assets.

Most of the feedback and results obtained for the issues on this thread, which are mostly related to the Exiled Lands causing bottlenecking on the system’s resources, are being worked for 2.5. A large number of fixes and optimizations for shaders, assets and memory management on the Exiled Lands on consoles are being, as of the time of this writing, worked on and bundled into 2.5.
For this update, we still don’t have any estimate, but given its size, it will be released first on Testlive to identify possible issues with the update itself. From there, it usually takes around a month to release live, depending on factors like feedback received, critical issues identified and in the case of consoles, certification.

8 Likes

Thank you for FYIing us, Ignasis! Adding a transparency to the patching process always helps!

1 Like