Game mode: [Offline | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Performance]
Since the most recent Mounts update performance and other issues have definately been on the rise. As myself and other users have already touched upon briefly in other threads (see attached links), the incidence of crashes, especially the CE34878-0 crash is on the rise. I know Xbox1 had incurred an increased incidence of crashes too, and now has a hotfix. It is starting to look to me like ps4 is in the same boat, however reports are just coming through more slowly. Below is the recorded subjective ‘symptoms’ I have observed.
I have been experiencing multiple crashes each day I play the game. So has my partner. And this is coming from a guy who rarely ever has them prior to now. When they occur the game will typically freeze, and I will have to hold down the PS button and manually quit back to the Playstation dashboard, at which point I get the familiar CE34878-0 message. While it seems that they can occur at any point in the game, I have noticed that the probability increases as the length of the play session does. While I have had some occur but 5 mins into a gaming session, the chances seem to increase greatly when I have been playing for say 40 mins+. Either way, I know that performance definately seems to worsen the lomger I play. Some additional things which I have noticed, which may or may not be related include the following.
- As stated in my other thread, textures continuously cycle between high and low level detail, and none/off. This again in my experience at least seems to worsen the longer the play session. However, also especially if we ‘jump’ a long distance across the Map using either a Maproom or Admin Panel.
- Loading any kind of item window (eg-dead NPCs inventory, player owned chest) takes longer. There is a small to quite long delay between the time we rest the cursor on the item, snd the time it takes for the pictures/data to be displayed.
- Items in the immediate area seem to be taking longer to load in. For example, after arriving at the Waterside district in Sepemeru, it can and has taken literally 30 seconds + for NPCs to finish loading in. Textures too.
- There is a big gap/desynchronisation between the sound and visuals/graphical actions. For example, a large delay between the character swinging a Sword and its actual sound effect.
- Enemy and player owned NPCs alike are much slower to draw their weapons when a threat is percieved. Well in a manner of speaking. They stand there in combat stance as if they were holding an invisible version of their weapon in their hands, until eventually they realise that they are not actually holding it after all, then they take the weapon out and begin to attack with it.
- There is just more stutter, jerkiness and lag in general. Again, unfortunately it seems to get worse as play sessions draw on.
- [later addition] At least two members have also come foward describing the occurence of what I am coming to know as the ‘warning window’. From what I have been told it entails a crash with an empty “prompt”:
X for OK
It is not just the frequency of the crashes, but also the severity. I have at one point, after attempting to load back in following a crash, had the game say ‘Data is corrupted, we will have to use back-up data’, losing several minutes worth of game in the process. @Tselem has similar occurences in his bug report thread. At one point it even froze on the loading screen while I was quitting the game. I worry that I could be heading for a crash which may damage my save data. As a precaution, I have once again backed up my save game.
I am sorry if I have repeated some of my previous observstions from past threads snd ended up retreading familiar ground. However I just wanted to put every single possible variable and potential knock on effect on the table for you guys to tease it all out. Thanks for listening!
Steps on how to reproduce issue:
- Instal the Mounts update
- Notice the corelation between duration of play time and decreased performance
- Notice that it seems to worsen when fast travelling around the Map
- Experience more crashes than I had in the past
- Report the issue