The future of PvP in SWL

Pretty much :smiley:

Im on a state to find real reason why to keep both versions of games installed and will uninstall both of pretty sure. I miss TSW Fusang, but its empty. Even Events wont bring players there. I was planning to join Shambala Event but was busy otherwise.

I stick here for nostalgia, and perhaps I find old friends here later.

Even though I was on my alt, wow it was great to actually PVP for real, Kudos to Drenneth for creating the event and always great to see you Sawo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This game is the only thing stopping me from putting Linux on my computer, and I donā€™t think the gates will hold much longerā€¦ sorry you missed the Shambala day, it was a blast.

1 Like

Agreed Merihem it was a lot of fun.

Canā€™t stress enough how much this would make me happy to see. It was perhaps the biggest disappointment I had when i first entered Shambala in SWL being that Tank pvp builds and defensive healing pvp builds were some of my favorite builds to create in TSW. The EFB as it is, is very bland, simplicity is nice but it is a shame when it prevents you from using half of the glyph stats in the game and the corresponding gear and abilities that proc off those stats.

2 Likes

My build is exactly made for Glancerā€¦ and its completely useless in PvPā€¦ and pretty much in PvE too.
SWL EFB is awful.

This baffled me, as I also tried to make a defensive tank for Shamblesā€¦ and melted like butter with no defensive glyph boosts. Seriously depressing that you canā€™t be a tank there. Onlyā€¦ meaty.

I have not even tried PVP yetā€¦ Will eventually cause just fun to keep on playing.

3 Likes

Will look forward to seeing you there! PvP is what kept me invested in TSW for years after I completed everything else and despite there only being a fraction of that PvP content in SWL Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a blast. Is a good break from the grind.

Fusang, thou hath not been left, overgrown with weedsā€¦
Let your trees grow tall and your moats fill with seed.
Your stone walls hold secrets of wars won and battles lostā€¦
The blood of enemies left there, at what cost?
For your heart beats stronger with each passing day
ā€œSoonā€ā€¦she whispers
ā€œSoonā€ā€¦

M

3 Likes

This really is some good news! Also Iā€™ve heard they were unaware that a Shambala Event is taking place but thereā€™s been some requests that it gets added to the splash screen. So well see what happens. Really Iā€™m just glad thereā€™s talk of getting Fusang back, the one thing I didnā€™t want the shamabala event to accomplish is a false belief that the PvP community was fine with just having Shambala.

1 Like

That was my worry also - which is why i mentioned it in the review.
Possibly a list of problems and solutions would be beneficial for the devs to peruse over since we are the ones doing the PVP?

I have a list from the last match of noticeable flaws.

Chris seems very receptive and forthcoming. I also like the community centric approach he seems to have, from asking what the community want, to answering questions.

I think having information readily available for them to glean ideas and to work on would help direct them down the right path rather than there be no information at hand and risk them working on something that would ultimately be not in PVPā€™s best interests. There are certain things needing to be addressed and are quite literally the elephant in the room as it were when it comes to The Holy Trinity roles and how they work hand in hand with PVE and PVP - the EFB, glyphing and signets.

Thereā€™s a lot to be taken into account and certain things need to be in the minds of all when looking at whats best and how best to achieve it with the resources available, reachable and achievable goals and ideals (not asking for the beating heart served on a sliver platter)

Personally I am focused on core values of PVP and this is where iā€™m looking at for Fusang

M

lemmingsā€¦! cliff, smell the vapour
some rebalancing would definitely need to be done before this can even be a viable option , I just hope if and thatā€™s a big IF the devs do indeed reimplement Fusang that all weapons are balanced according so that no one weapon has a greater superior advantage over another, heaven forbid we have a clone army of hammer and AR users all with same builds , think this through proper so that all classes of weapons can be a viable choice in pvp , other wise it become like another El Dorado bore fest with one dimensional Temps * no names you know who you were all bunny hoping with ARā€™s gee. the height of originality bar noneā€¦ DO IT RIGHT THE 1st Time , test it tweak it so pvp is fun for all and not just the select fewā€¦ . lets hope FC heed it :slight_smile: PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH and kill all temps with love and an evulsion pullā€¦

1 Like

Honestly, there is only ONE way to do this. Give every weapon the same abilities with the same effects and synergies (but that would be very boring). What I mean by this is that its virtually impossible. It is also extremely time consuming which is one of the reasons I would prefer they donā€™t stress over it. There will always be a ā€œbestā€ build and people will gravitate towards that. Then when they nerf/re-balance there will be a new ā€œbestā€ build and the cycle repeats indefinitely. I certainly donā€™t care if things are unbalanced between the weapons provided nothing is outright broken. I never was a bunny hopping AR user back in TSW, I certainly tried it since I had everything to make it work well but unfortunately it was actually a very bad build for working together as a team. It was a kill farming build and nothing more which is sometimes good, but if thatā€™s all your team is then its easy to counter.

Remark: I played AR mostly and i was never jumping. I also absolutely hate ā€œbunnyhoppersā€ in Shooters/games like BF2 for example. For me thats basically cheating. ^^

What if the dude is roleplaying a rabbit? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well ā€¦ Star Wars for example has no rabbits, so there isnĀ“t much sense in RPing a Rabbit.^^

Purple Ash-rabbits live in Sullust, and Durniā€™s live in Corellia. I used to to make Rancor DNA Durniā€™s with my SWG Bio-Engineer :smiley:

Do they do a lot of hopping?

1 Like