The word ***** cannot be used

Hey all,

There isn’t a word filter in the game as of the time of this writing. Any limitation may be caused by the platform and/or region own filters, which we can’t control.

6 Likes

“…as of the time of this writing.”

Is there one in the pipeline or in the works?

Or was that the necessary legalese when dealing with the particular realities of the forums and talking about something that might, hypothetically (no matter how vanishingly small the chance) , ever occur?

:point_up:
You never know, but it’s not in the plans right now. If, say, we add this three years from now, it would be cool not to be copy pasted with this (by then) vintage post saying “BUT YOU SAID!!”.
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Gotcha.
Thank you for the clarification, and it is prudent precaution.
In the (mis-) Information Age, everything is instantaneous and everything is eternal.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response.
This clears things up.

2 Likes

Now i need to find the list of banned words on xbox live…
:roll_eyes:

That’ll most likely be under gamertag no no’s.

Up until recently, we (on the PS4) had full nudity, and had done for years (I can of course only speak from the UK perspective) - I got the sense that the only reason why it has been removed was due to an actual bug.

As for the crafting thralls, partial nudity was removed deliberately, but not (as I understand it) due to ‘prudish’ reasons , but simply because part of the community asked for it.
The reasoning being that when ‘collecting’ a thrall in the first place it was sometimes difficult to see from a glance which ones were actually crafters , and who were just fighters , and so it was updated so all crafters now wear aprons basically.

I never had this problem personally, I just used self control , rather than kill everything on sight, but here we are. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this!)

I don’t think that’s quite how it was. I think it was just about making crafters look like crafters. Not really so people could differentiate them from fighters for the purpose of thrall collecting. Just more for the immersion factor. But as an unfortuate consequence, they all pretty much wear the same clothing.

Also, the idea that you need them to wear different armor to tell them apart is just silly. If that’s the case, you need to turn your UI back on. :roll_eyes:

Not all the crafting thralls wear crafting gear. Heirs of the North, The Æsir, The Accursed can spawn in regular faction gear. Or there’s the more extreme- Yoggites, their idea of crafting gear is a tribal mask, some warpaint…and good reflexes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.