Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: 1513
Mods: =MODS=

Bug Description:

There is no reachable location for the purge to setup their base camp. I have tried deleting walls, down sizing the base, still the same result. Base location is in C7.

Bug Reproduction:

Happens everytime.

Try moving your coffers to a different location in your base. I had the same issue but moving it let the purge spawn

I have tried two different locations for the coffer. I even removed the outer walls to the castle but no spawn yet. I believe they need to rework how the purge bases set up. I built a small base in another location and it failed 3 times and set up one time. When it set up one time on the small base it was right on top of it.

Once I removed the gate to my castle the T5 purge would spawn. I did this several times and the enemy’s basecamp would spawn in random locations (my castle is against the cliff by the pond near New Asagarth). Now all of a sudden I get “no reachable location for the purge to setup their basecamp”. They were spawning in this valley before, in at least 4 locations.

1 Like

Once I removed the gate to my castle the T5 purge would spawn. I did this several times and the enemy’s basecamp would spawn in random locations (my castle is against the cliff by the pond near New Asagarth). Now all of a sudden I get “no reachable location for the purge to setup their basecamp”. They were spawning in this valley before, in at least 4 locations.

1 Like

We had a similar issue @frosthi52. We have plenty of flat land around our base and no other player bases. We figured it would be the ideal place to spawn our first new purge. Instead we got the “No reachable location for the purge to setup their basecamp” error message.

1 Like

me: out in the middle of the desert. lots of open lands around… unable to place purge camp

clan member: on a narrow peninsula mostly surrounded by water… spawns four purges in a row.

Borked.

1 Like

After reading the gripes about this issue I tried several of the “recommended” things. First I just moved the coffer across the room (about 50 ft). Low and behold, the spawn worked and I got a good purge. Except the third wave stalled. Went to their camp and found a whole group of invaders stuck in a rock that was in front of one of the tents. I got my pick out and helped them out and released them from the rock and the purge completed normally with the leader challenging me. LOL there is some work to do to get this thing fixed… I would recommend that when a siege base camp is placed by the system that it remove all rocks, trees, bushes, wildlife, etc first so the spawns don’t get stuck by the scenery.

3 Likes

The new Purge is a joke. It has failed to spawn and attack to any of my actual bases, but also to those that I’ve build deliberately on open terrain just to try it out.

The only time they managed to spawn was when I placed the coffer alone, out in the open in the middle of the desert. There was a lot of gold in it and the Purge steam-rolled me when I tried to defend the coffer solo.

Afterwards I build the most simple base imaginable to defend in: a rectangle wall around the same coffer with some thralls standing on the rampart. Proclaimed my new wealth, and all of a sudden the same place was too crowded for the Purge to spawn.

Come one, Funcom! You made all this fuss about the new, improved Purge (and to be frank, the old one did suck), and now it has basically wiped out the very concept out of the game. What a waste!

No-one is naturally building such bases that let the Purge spawn. We build on mountains, in trees, cliffsides, in islands and in caves. That is what you encourage us to do!

5 Likes

No door/gate = no purge.

5 Likes

My other bases did have gates and doors, but still the Purge failed to spawn. Maybe the bases were too large and the Purge-camp could not get close enough, I dont know. In any case, in a game that actively encourages you to build imaginative bases in interesting locations, having such selective Purges is a real let-down.

1 Like

In both purges the stairs I built out front were accepted as a path even though there was no other way to the location of the base I built by natural means, I did give my treasurer plenty of space around him and I built a labyrinth of doors. I would check your stairs leading into your base, if you are able to build anything below them (even just what appears to be 1 step) then you need to do that.

This is more meant for PVP. I believe that many players can make unreachable bases and I don’t think there’s anyway to make an AI purge that can assault a tree fort that doesn’t involve enemies spawning on top of the base ruining the experience (as was the old system).
You can build a bridge to your island and I believe that it will work, I built a “cliff base” and it just needed a staircase to my front door.

Your frustration is a result of usual Funcoms misinformation. Forget about “the Purge” - it has gone for good. What we have got is totally new tower defense mini game that is inconceivably bad in its every aspect be it game play, logical or technical.

1 Like

My friends and I are on a private server since Early Access. We love the new purge system, when it works, but the problem is we have only managed to get it to work once out of at least ten or more tries. I am just posting to help the devs with the issues that arose during our attempt at testing the purge.

Our main base the treasury is in the core in the basement. You have to go through four doors to reach it. It was five, but I tore down the main gate. There is plenty of room for the purge to spawn on the side, on the mountain nearby, and behind the base. I have screenshots but I am unable to post them due to the restrictions of this forum.

We tried it at another base that isn’t that populated/built up. LOTS more room for the purge to spawn. It spawns EVERY time but the problem is that it never finishes saying that “It is too hard to reach your coffer from outside your base.” There is a main gate, second gate, and 5 doors to reach the treasury at the bottom floor.

We have experienced severe lag/rendering issues with just the four of us. It gets really bad if someone wanders off too far or goes to another place on the map. This seems to align with the reports of lag on the official servers. It gets to the point of being unplayable even on a private server.

This update is something that we all looked forward to and we cannot wait until you’re able to squash out some of the bugs. The one purge that worked and lasted until the end was absolutely fantastic and was a blast!

Basic Info:

Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: KRSERVER
Mods: None

Bug Description:

The new purge either has trouble finding a reachable location or when it does spawn in then it runs for a few waves and says “it is too hard to reach your coffer from outside your base.”

Bug Reproduction:

Launched the new purge.

Damn… I want that chapter 2 purge… FKING fix it.

I ran three purges yesterday with no problem. Today I get the failed to spawn error.

My base has NOTHING BUT WIDE OPEN SPACE all around front and to the sides.

It was spawning just a few hours ago with absolutely no issue.

1 Like

I have great sympathy for you. I’ve a base chosen for the space available around it just for this new Purge (One Raid, how many purges have we lost?) and it will not spawn; unless inside the base…

Hundreds of hours to build a castle , we want to test its defences… Purge won’t even spawn, - until we take down the walls and put the coffer on the ground outside!!

What was Funcom saying about them wanting us to share our creativity last week? Was that sarcasm?

Funcom are not responding? And I them challenged about the Purge not checking where is inside or outside the defence perimeter before release of this update!

You have even more space than I have! No spawn though! Have you tried putting the treasure in a mail box outside? I don’t think Funcom went for realism here! :frowning:

You would think in the case where it has ignored your stairs, - the demolishers would be leading the way…

But I can’t get spawns outside of my base? How’s that for logic?

My WAG (wild a_ _ guess) … the ‘radius’ that the purge looks around a ‘treasure room’ is too small. if it can’t find a space within a limited distance from the coffer, perhaps due to it being deep within a large base, then regardless of open space around your base, it will fail.

I have a base with an extensive ‘maze’ for the purge to follow. lots of doors without a gate. all level ground (foundations just above ground level), and no gaps to jump. solid line of foundations from the first door to the last into the treasure room. the clan has a second base at the river where the ‘treasure room’ is a flotsam shack on pillars with a stairway and a lone door at the edge of the build.

which one do you think can get a purge? yep. the shack. where does it spawn? between two and five foundations away normally until we built a wall with a gate. then it spawned with the purge perimeter spike wall intersecting the gate, blocking it, and forcibly ending that purge. the purge blocked itself. sad.

2 Likes