There will not be 24/7 servers?

Construction during the raid in Ark is impossible. I have 1000 hours of experience on pvp servers.

I can understand that when playing in a clan, being a combined, strong force.
Then it might be really fun to go on and screw some other clans and having a war with them.

But then again, I am some lone wolf who almost always plays on pve due to being a lone wolf.

Though I wonder if only I got “Harkonnen” on my mind. Hm.

Then again I have to second what redrick said.

BTRR, are you still showing off this behaviour at enemy clan base?
I already told you: Always be cautious at enemy bases. That one who fell in there was dumb af.
To lower players who dont want to loose all their progress, building is the sole defense against higher players.
As higher players tend to already have several bases, giving them even more of an upper hand.

But actually, dear devs.
Please create a checkbox covering this for poor BTRR, so he can go and play on some server with that enabled…

3 Likes

What ?? I do not buy a game to play on private servers, I do not play on them. You play probably in the pve, during the raid for several hammer blows, you can fix the 3 block. Repair in this game is also OP.

I spent 10 barrels, destroyed the ceiling, and the enemy recovered it for a second, this is nonsense, which I have not yet seen.

It turns out as it is now raid. You demolish the wall, they build it in 2 seconds, you again demolish it, they build it. And repeat this way 1000000000 times.

You craft 600 barrels, spend one day, they craft 100 foundations spend 30 minutes. Fine?

About spheres I generally keep quiet, in an online raid they are useless.

1 Like

I guess you mean current state with starmetal repair hammer? (Didnt check that out!)

Yes I do play pve, as I tend to panic when someone surprises me.
(And yes, I hate that about myself…)
On EU2 I had that encounter with someone, who was actually rather bad. But as I paniced and at first thought it would be a clan member pulling off a prank (my brain wasnt working) I hesitated which ended up in me being killed after he was at 50% HP. With only light armor and ancient daggers against medium armor and some two handed weapon, at least hardened steel. (I didnt know new recipe of h. steel back then…)
This was happening in some t1 base, where I was originally playing with 3 others, 2 of them being 20ish, one 40ish with me being the sole fresh 60 toon. Of course I was killed.
After reviving I though I would put him to jail for that, trying to encase the whole thing with foundations, but I was still not thinking properly and ended up leaving weak spots for him to break through. Of course he got his buddies to kill me, when I finally got fiber+stone weapons again and checked that base again… :confused:
This is why I say building is the only defense for t1 base-players.

Well that only shows how bad the two t3 buildings are balanced. As you should be speaking about winter t3.
That got too low costs. But still. 30 minutes for 100 foundations/ one day for 600 barrels? Maybe with 5+ guys doing the farming. For a single player? Each of them might be days.

The middle path is not allowing to build a new ceiling when a player stands on one of the stability giving parts. Should be working with one of the guys waiting where the wall would be placed, as that should block building. That way you loose some fighting strenght for a safe route out.

1 Like

600 barrels per day I alone can do without talking about the clan. I’ve been raiding a lot in this game, and most players are very stupid in building a house. They come to the pvp server, and they play like a pve. The only people with whom it is interesting to play and fight are the Chinese. I wear only light armor, and kill players in the best armor. Armor is not an indicator.

Many players do not understand what will happen on May 8, for them it’s a new biome, but for old clans, who will quickly take the best place. Winners on official servers are identified at the very beginning. And not by the number of players in the clan. I saw players who alone destroyed the clans. It’s not for you to put carpets in the house on the pve server, you do not even know why carpets are used on pvp servers. I have such a feeling that 99% of the players are farmers. And only 10 people are fans of pvp.

Eh?
That would be at least 600 demon blood, 30000 steelfire (=30000 brimstone+30000 tar (= 30000 thick or 90000 thin hide)), ~15k crystals and another 3000 brimstone. … plus those 600 jars and those 3000 tar again. (600x50 steelfire; 600x25 crystals; 600x5 brimstone) Assuming you have those t4 thralls at hand.
All that in one day? I have problems believing that would work out with all that processing to be done…

Well the weapon is. Even more if your brain stopped working like it does for me. (Remember, I panic. I would describe the effect of panic being like the brain stops working.) Then it’s two people slashing each other without thinking straight anymore. Probably the kind of pvp which will be there on those incoming pve conflict servers.

Actually if one sets up some RP-like village to disguise their treasure cellar, I think that might actually work out. And as for carpet usage on pvp, I think I recall some players saying only the first layer will get damaged by trebuchets? Those should be oneshot though. (?)
(And “normal” boulders arent that hard to farm - plus I wouldnt ever go for the roof, but the foundations instead. Which then again is the reason for people to build layers of foundations around. But wait, they need to get outside as well! Eighter through roof, or using doors.)

Depends on what you call pvp.
Is only raiding pvp? Or is killing others pvp as well? Is getting inside a base of someone and stealing his stuff pvp as well? There are odd people on pve servers.

It’s honorable of you to seek online raids - but I guess you forgot that simply clashing into other players, having fights to the death is pvp just as well as raiding is.
As for me, I think I will give pve conflict a shot at some point. I would dislike to loose my base because of some lvl 60 high end jerk, who is raiding low level guys.

1 Like

Petition for hardcore pvp servers and wait it out then.

2 Likes

They already did for the purge (can’t build during it). Can simply follow the same idea and make it so you can’t build certain things during raid time (foundations / ceilings / walls) but can build trebs, crafting benches, etc.

Maybe this is true against noobs. If someone knows what they’re doing in Silent Legion Armor + telith’s sorrow (2h sword) and just goes for trades…trust me, armor matters. It’s extremely overpowered right now, to the point that no one in light armor or non-epic medium armor has ever killed me when I use that combination. And I’m not even good

1 Like

If you are with a sword then you are already noob.
Silent Legion Armor = It is very easy to destroy.
They are slow.

People get raided all the time thats true hardcore mode i think its easy to bomb out some ones bases when they are not there to defend. It feels like you have accomplished more when you beat the team and the base. But to the point they could have a hand full of servers with 24/7 raid times its not my cup of tea but the option for players would be nice.

Yes, I love online raids. The game makes me do it offline, because the players can be built during the raid.

Ah ok i get that.

I wear a dwarven armor, and a player in the Legion will not catch me with a sword)) I’ll kill him with a spear. Easily.

I used to think the 2h sword was bad too until I learned how to use it correctly. I could win 100 times in a row with that combo (especially if you were in light armor). You can even use the broken mitra spear and I’d still win. It has nothing to do with skill, the armor + weapon combo is just completely overpowered.

You waste barrels in the void, because what you destroy they will build right away. The spheres are useless, they are repaired for each tick with a hammer. In general, there is no use.