Thoughts on the Rage Shem

I am calm. Defintly not seething. I am waiting. I got time.

3 Likes

Okay, we goofed.

For those looking for the Shem of Rage: At some point this month, we’re going to be making it an achievement reward for “Gatecrasher”, which is awarded when you defeat the Gatekeeper during the anniversary. This will be retroactive.

7 Likes

Working as Intended?
At least your intentions are clear now.

:fireworks::astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :rofl: :sparkler:

At least it will be fixed. Still …:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Something tells me things are a bit… hectic around Funcom offices.
Oh well, cue the ‘Shem of Rage? Apt title!’ jokes.

1 Like

:thisisfine:

4 Likes

We have the rage now :joy:

Called it. I hate always being right sometimes.

:woman_facepalming: That would be… a remarkably odd design decision in terms of minimizing predictability (and thus achievement attainability) for players.

So it sounds 100% plausible as being 100% in line with SWL’s “obscurity is good” design paradigm. :frowning:

2 Likes

So FC’s entire response to this Shem of Seething Silver clustertuck has been:

1. silence
  2. It’s in the game
  3. it’s definately in the game
  4. let us check to see if it’s in the game
  5. it’s not in the game and we’ll patch it eventually…probably
1 Like

Eh? They never claimed it was in the game until they said they messed up and are going to fix it in a future patch.

Ehm…this thread is 4 days old of which two days have been weekend, a time were not many people are at the office since funcom employees are still human on a 5 day week and you get not only personal attention for the issue but also the promise to fix it retroactive as soon as they can (cause low and behold you don’t do patches for every bug if it is circumventable) yesterday. So basically as one of the first things on the agenda monday morning. And you feel like funcom is taking the issue not serious enough.

I fail to see the fundament in your issue.

In the discord, the first question about Shem of Rage was on the 21st. Andy’s first response was on the 25th (as best as I can tell) You actually had a good Reddit joke about it on the same day. It’s not like our question and Funcom’s awareness about it are only 4 days old.

I’m not Raging :slight_smile: They fixed the problem. I’ve had fun with the event and my alts are going to love the talisman upgrade eventually.

2 Likes

They’ve said before it’s in the game and working as intended

The thread was 4 days old and but the event’s been going on since June 20th. Would think a company would make sure everything is in order or at least realize that they messed up since everyone’s been talking about the Shem of Seething Silver BEFORE this thread. Also, don’t make it sound like I’m the only one in this thread when you say “you get not only personal attention for the issue but also the promise to fix it retroactive” and that somehow I should just be grateful that they decided to put in a pet that was already in the game before and they people owned before FC took it from them.

You own not a single item:

“Funcom has the absolute right to manage, modify, suspend, and/or eliminate virtual items or currency without notice or liability to you. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Funcom reserves and retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the virtual items and virtual currency.” - https://www.secretworldlegends.com/eula/

Pretty standard term in any EULA/Terms of service if you would spent time reading them.

And some random person asking a random GM for ingame info is neither a surefire way to forward a bug nor really trustworthy. As much as GMsare there to help they aren’t all knowing and can be misinformed. Something that happened recently with another thing: Redeemer of the dawn achievement (asking for spoiler)

Why didn’t they spot it right of the bat? Easy, because QA,the people that test code, are no metahumans that test every line for any possible bug as that is flatout impossible. No matter if you are SWL, WorldofWarcraft, Aion, Guildwars2, Tera or any other game. A lot of the high profile games we think are stable are just that because they have more people behind the scenes. Sure it’S silly that things like itemdrops from achievements don’T at least get a look over and one can question the priorities in bugtesting they do but they are testing and they are getting bugs fixed. Thing is it’s not the bugs you will ever see because by the time you get your hands on the release version the biggest chunk of stuff has already been taken care of.

They currently have no new patch planned so they won’t just shut down the server but wait for probably the event end patch or the patch after to fit it in when QA had a chance to look at it this time if the change worked so everyone gets their rage shem. You gotta wait for it and no level of being angry at them is gonna change that.

But its the RAGE shem, I have to be angry about it

2 Likes

Not including the shem certainly generated more interest and debate in this pet than would have otherwise been. Perhaps cynical, but this approach seems to be working as intended.

“We messed up” is disappointing. It would have been a really nice variation on the standard procedure to gather event items. Especially for the anniversary. Killing harmless mobs with a huge amount of health is not that satisfying. I loved the attempts to unlock that shem, by the way. Breaking Happy Feet, killing all the other pet shems with that Amalgam thing, throwing and using different items and emotes on the HK and Talos. Even looking for bosses all over the world and using the event chat to gather people was more fun than just waiting an hour for the next spawn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.