Thrall control wish list
preface: I’m sure others have made suggestions, & there are likely plans to improve the Thrall system. I wanted to toss some ideas into the hat.
— Alternative to the wheel of pain. Thulsa Doom style cult recruitment. What if we could put a captive thrall on the religious alter, & the priest converts it. Conversion by religion. Thulsa Doom would approve.
— The ability to “Walk” a thrall to the wheel of pain, rather than just drag them. Allowing them to teleport to the player in a similar fashion to the thrall Following mechanics. (I’ve seen quite a few thralls vanish into the ground never to be seen again while dragging them across the map.)
— A thrall UI that will list your thralls, let you track them. & teleport a specific Thrall to you. once every 1 minute so it’s not abused in a battle. (A great option to find those lost thralls that seem to fall through the map, or wander off. Or Glitch into oblivion when you use the MapRoom.)
- Customization, the ability to name, And even level up Thralls in said UI. Possibly even adding behavioral ticks to add character to them. (Leveling up thralls adds more gameplay, Customization makes them more Unique & appealing.)
- A minimap, or compass on your bracelet, that lets you track the bracelets of your team/thralls. So you can track down wayward thralls. (Maybe a horn call, Marco!.. Polo!)
- Dancing Thralls (The ability to teach it a new dance, Or emote to do.)
- A war horn, that calls all your Thralls set to Guard status to you, They all come to join the battle if they can get to you.
— The option to turn these options of for players that don’t want them.
Tactical UI Thrall control improvements.
A pined Thrall Status in the UI. Which shows you your thralls health, & has a few commands that can be used set a Thralls Status. The Thrall, or Thralls set to follow you would show up in this UI.
- A Teleport to you command. With a 1 minute cooldown. encase your Thrall gets lost/falls through the map again.
- A command that has a thrall attack the target you lock on to, or point at.
- The ability to set a Thrall to hostile, so it attacks all potential enemies on sight.
- The ability to set a Thrall to Passive, so it doesn’t fight, or engage if a fight starts, Unless it’s directly attacked.
- The ability to set a Thrall to Guard, It will engage in any battles that are within a set distance from it’s Guard position.
- The ability to set a Thrall to attack the target you are attacking. “Attack my target.”
- The ability to set a Thrall to attack/ignore anyone that is attacking you. “Defend me.”
- “Go Here” A flag, or area affect icon appears, When clicked. The selected/Companion Thrall will walk to that spot.
- Patrol flags, That set up a patrol route. That you can assign Thralls to walk.
Examples of great minion control UI/Mechanics in games.
- Guild Wars Hirling NPCs. (I loved this game, to many nerfs made me quit unfortunatly.)
- Star Trek Online Away Team Customization/Mechanics.
- City of Heroes MasterMind class. (I had all my minions bowing down, & dancing with emote commands!)
- Moded Skyrim (Specifically the best Companion Mods: Inigo, Vilja, & Sofia. All had mechanisms to command them, Inigo’s Whistles, Vilja’s Horns, Sofia’s commands. & had dialogue options to set their limited tactics.
- Many Isometric games like Baldurs Gate tends to have party control mechanics.
Saw this in another thread. All of this to! yes!
Edit: Structures Decay after time if their owner is away to long, leaving behind armies of Thralls. Some just stay there floating in the air. Their owners never to be seen again.
- It would be nice of those thralls reverted to a Thrall list, in a Thrall UI window. So their owner can re-summon them if they ever log back onto the server.
- Importantly, This would remove the Thralls from loitering/cluttering after their owners base had decayed long ago.
- Hopefully also, reducing server lag, and removing the armies of floating Thralls scattered across the server!