Thrall hit points adjusted?

Seems there have been many changes to the hit point pool for many of the thralls. Probably the most outstanding is the Relic Hunter Treasure seekers. Here are some examples, Can you please advise if this is intentional. These are starting hit points for level 1 thralls.

Testlive (#188524/22834)
Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker (Fighter) HP 5841
Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker (Archer) HP 3894
Cimmerian Berserker (Figher) HP 5830
Kisthis Fleshtearer (Fighter) HP 6138
Vias the Wayfaerer (Archer) HP 4092
Lianeele (Entertainer) HP 5830
Delinsia Snowhunter (Fighter) 8746

Current Live Version (#181161/22682)
Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker (Fighter) HP 7425
Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker (Archer) HP 7425
Cimmerian Berseker (Fighter) HP 5805
Kisthis Fleshtearer (Fighter) HP 7425
Vais the Wayfaerer (Archer) HP 7425
Lianeele (Entertainer) HP 5805
Delinsia Snowhunter (Fighter) HP 5805

5 Likes

My hunch is that it’s intentional because of the leveling system. Their HP will vary based on the attributes, but you can try admin leveling up a few to 20 to see how their final stats look like.

5 Likes

ok we may have a problem …

my old T4 bearer which i had spawned before the update:

my newly spawned T4 Amzadi:

my old Daicas:

my new Daicas:

my old Syra:

my new Syra:

and then …

my lvl 20 Amzadi vs my lvl 20 Pelor:

3 Likes

the bearers learnt different skills? :thinking:

3 Likes

while the 660 HP bearers will certainly cause some distress, seems that we can now stack them really closely at least in singleplayer where I am testing:

EDIT: I was told this was always the case for singleplayer and behaving differently while playing on dedicated servers so nothing new apparently.

I understand that the treasure seekers have been lowered as there is alot of them and are easy to get. Delinsia Snowhunter is a surprise to me with how much the health went up

Dalinsia is actually op atm and THE thrall to have even with RNG stats:

4 Likes

Might be a mistake on there behalf but time will tell

I think we’re going to find a lot of inconsistencies with thrall health.

For instance, the most health I’ve seen on an archer is 4,639. That’s not even a named t4 archer. It’s a Cimmerian t3 from the Mounds of the Dead. That’s more health than the t4’s from the volcano.

Also, Bearers need to be checked. As noted above Amzadi the Wanderer has 2,368 if you place her after the update. I got a t3 from the Den and Sepermeru. Both have 3,494 health. Amzadi also has much more vitality than either of the t3’s. I find this a bit inconstant if it’s not an error.

I also believe that Dalinsia Snowhunters health is an error. She has exactly the same attribute totals that the Berserkers have, 15 str and 30 vit. She 1,916 nore health than a Berserker. T4 volcano fighter thralls have less vitality yet somehow have 6,138 health. More than the Berserker despite much lower vitality. It’s really easy to hit the “8” instead of the “5” if you’re using the number pad.

Finally, I got a Stygian III Dancer from Sep City with 3,810 health. This is only 84 less than Luba the Luscious, also from Sep City.

Maybe someone who uses admin commands can check this out better than me. I don’t use admin commands. I had to go out and get each thrall “manually.” And if I’m wrong, please do correct my error. Thanks!

On a side note. I’m not liking the new roll or momentum movement. The new roll with max agility and heavy armor was almost useless. Rolling straight back results in getting hit a majority of the time. The new movement feels like you’re starting your 1st steps over-encumbered. Plus, you can’t move laterally or backwards faster than a walk. Funcom needs to watch some sports and see just how fast modern day barbarians known as athletes can move laterally and backwards. Also, the momentum movement doesn’t seem impacted by incline (slower movement) and decline (faster movement). Maybe the incline/decline factor will come in the future though. Who knows? Wouldn’t it suck to be over-encumbered on a snowy mountain slope… and slide off the mountain to potentially death?

Keep fighting for what you believe in Exiles!

1 Like

You are quite correct, they are all lvl 20 relic_hunter_entertainer_3_xx (except for Luba) but seem to have quite some difference in the stats (racial stats!?)

2 Likes

Imo these groud breaking game changes are horrible; why change whats not broken. Who product tests this game? Focus groups?

Imo these ground breaking game changes are good; still tweaking to find the right balance, but definitely an improvement to the game. Glad the community gets to have input on the game development and that the Devs actually take our wants and concerns seriously.

7 Likes

I managed to generate this freak of nature just now:

9 Likes

It looks as though her experience pool may be invalid from the start. Her first benchmark is 2,350 points vice 7,050 for (most) everybody else. She starts with 15 vites and mine, freshly-caught, has a 79% vitality growth chance. I’ll step her through some progression today, but I suspect if this first “XP hurdle” is low, the rest may be maladjusted as well.

I certainly feel that there are some inconsistencies with the HP adjustments. But I may not be seeing the whole picture with the leveling system.

Our team is looking into it to determine if this is intended behavior or not.

4 Likes

Are old thralls also nerfed? So placed before update. Because WHY?? Seriously, why nerf old thralls health pools if they cannot even level.

And now I get Jens message that Level20 thralls will be significantly stronger than legacy thralls… They just nerfed the heck out of the legacy ones. /facepalm

Edit: Does Funcom hate bearers? They had 9900 health and a level20 has only 4-6k? Poor bearers…

1 Like

Haven’t checked, but I reckon it doesn’t really matter (sorry): they’ll be way below the curve in either case. If they are nerfed, it probably isn’t intentional, but just another result of the leveling system moving forward.

And for the record, I say this as someone with tons of thralls placed in the world, many of which are rare or even unobtainable now.

Angry bull had some level20 relic hunters who had 8k hitpoints. Compared to current live version with 7.4k, that aint much difference.
The big question is, about the dmg output…

What my concern is: old places thralls are getting bad, for what reasons exactly? If new thralls would be better, than EVERYONE will replace them anyway. So why is there a nerf of their HP needed?

Bearers are HP wise even worse after update. Is this the reason to nerf the old legacy thralls? To force people in level them, even when they are worse before the update?

And as the patch was in console certification process last Thursday… I dont feel so good for that patch :confused:

Yes, and that’s the kicker. Old thralls will most likely have zero points in all Attributes, leaving them far below new ones (@ lvl 20 anyway) in terms of damage output, armor bonus etc.

I’m speculating, but I sincerely doubt anyone spent (wasted) time nerfing old thralls deliberately. If they have less HP post-patch than they did pre-patch, that’s likely accidental.

2 Likes