Turn a rival player into a thrall

I have a sadistic idea for Conan Exiles -
To be able to knock out a rival player, put them in the wheel of pain and turn them into a thrall. When the process is complete, the thralled player would be able to respawn and continue playing their character.

Now the ‘character copy’/thrall could be used as a universal thrall, either as an Archer, Fighter, or Worker.

I think that if this was added to the base game or as a mod, it would make pvp much more challenging and entertaining. Plus it could be used as bragging rights, and who would not want to own their rival.

2 Likes

So, if you knock me out then I can’t play for a day? Sadistic for sure. Isn’t getting all of your gear looted punishment enough?

I like to capture regular thralls and change their names to those of my enemies then stick them on guard duty in front of my base.

Welcome to the forums

5 Likes

Like @TenJumpChump, this is the aspect that I dislike.

However, I wouldn’t mind it if it worked differently: when you knock out the other player, they respawn just like when they died, but you get to drag their “corpse” to your wheel and get a uniquely-named thrall.

That way the idea is more balanced because:

• your opponent isn’t blocked from playing
  • neither you nor your opponent get the gear he/she had (which means you have to decide whether you care more about looting them or about getting a thrall based on them)
6 Likes

Maybe jail him? Put him in your hardened steel cages, maybe, but thrall no. Or maybe crucify him, it’s on the game for all of us to be freed by Conan.
It would be very evil to crucify someone across his clan territory so his clanmates would save him, it’s evil enough I suppose :man_shrugging:.
Still not on officials, this would create great toxicity, so it would be best for this to happen only in private servers so a player would choose to play with this option

1 Like

I can appreciate your choice, but just saying ‘no’ is not a real answer. At least explain why you are saying no.

And for the others who have responded, I appreciate your answers, thank you.

2 Likes

‘TenJumpChump’ in response to your comment, I would have to somewhat agree with you. If your character was turned into a thrall, you would not be able to play your character for a specified amount of time. For example: anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes, determined by the server admin. it would give the player time to use the wash room or get a beverage.

meh. I’m not a big fan of games that don’t let me play. Even if it’s only 1 to 10 minutes. I think @CodeMage’s solution is more balanced and keeps the game enjoyable. Being basically banned for losing a fight would not be enjoyable imo.

If you’ve ever played Magic: The Gathering and faced an opponent with a blue control deck then you should be able to understand :slight_smile: It’s basically the same thing. You just sit there not able to play a game that you were hoping to have fun with, but instead regret wasting your time.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

I like it!
Get a player in a cage or on a cross until another player comes to free him/her. :rofl:
If after a relatively short time no one comes to free the clanmate, it just dies there, and respawns normally.

2 Likes

You know, this thread is a perfect example of a suggestion that really ought to be a mod. Because let’s be honest, sitting in a cage or wheel for a few hours would be boring as all get out.

And I get it, some servers have mods with thralling mechanics on players, if you played with certain mods, you could knock and do all sorts of things to the other player’s characters. All sorts. Yeah use your imagination. But players know what they are getting into, and are consenting, and are agreeing to not abuse said systems, and finally have active admins to police that.

This is not something the base game needs or is capable of handling in a fun way.

3 Likes

Rolee9309 that would be an interesting idea, but now we are veering off from the main topic of this thread. The point to this thread is the ability to thrall another player, not to cage them. We can already make cages. And if a player wanted to troll another player, they could have half of their clan go around and destroy other clans’ respawn points, Then have the other half of their clan camp the beginner spawn point and continually kill the players as they respawn. But that again is not the main focus of this thread.
I will reiterate the main topic and or focus of this thread back to ‘having the ability of turning another player into a thrall !!’
The talk about cages, being placed on a cross and alike, is another topic entirely. And thus belongs elsewhere, and in its own thread.

2 Likes

This has been addressed. People don’t want to be staring at a screen unable to play for even a few minutes. So unless the knockout process causes an immediate respawn. No one’s going to go for this. And if knock out is effectively a kill, then it needs to be as difficult to do or even more so than using a weapon.

I’m reminded that on some servers with aforementioned mods, they usually disallow truncheon use in PVP. The reasoning is its quite easy to hit someone with one. They have to be in order to have an affect on NPCs.

In my opinion, being able to knock out your enemies is still missing in Conan Exiles. I just imagine that it would be pretty challenging to knock out experienced players (if not impossible) and you would have to gang up on someone.

I wouldn’t mind pushing at the wheel of pain for a minute. :joy: but not any longer!
Then I could respawn and my enemies get a random thrall of my race that looks like my character. I like that idea.

Getting caught by someone is also a great reason for some retaliation :smirk:

I think the idea is funny as heck! Of course it’s not sane or implementable but still totally funny! :grin:

1 Like

It is… a great mod.

1 Like

You think? :thinking:
I never played Ark, but I think it has a system of capturing other players and runs on the same engine.
So it might be implementable technically.

Yeah, I didn’t mean technically… Of course, it’s software… so anything and everything is technically implementable. :stuck_out_tongue: I meant logically. Like others are saying too, a game that you can’t play, wuut?

1 Like

Yeah :laughing: being stuck on a wheel for something like 12 hours would be stupid. But just one minute…I think that would be a nice penalty for letting others catch you and enough to rake the flame of revenge in the captive. :smiling_imp:

I think It might bring some nice variety to PvP and PvP-C :blush:

What happens when your troll enemy doesn’t take you straight to the wheel? What if they drag your corpse around for hours just to be a (insert insult of your choosing here)? Or what if they take you straight to their wheel but it’s on the other side of the map? I’d rather not sit there and watch the jerks that just ganged up on me drag me through the mud while they gloat. My fragile ego couldn’t handle it :wink:

1 Like