I have been playing on an unofficial server with some friends.
Yesterday something happened and my connection to the server was lost.
Since then I have been unable to connect except for once, and that was after hours of trying, failing and troubleshooting.
I have spoken to the admins of the server and they tell me there is no problem on the server side.
Everyone else on the server can connect, just not me.
I can connect to any server except the one I have been playing on.
I keep getting random errors when trying to connect.
- Failed to join requested game.
- Authentication failed.
- Your ping is higher than the maximum allowed(Max is 350, I have 159)
- On direct connect using IP and port, I randomly get “Connection timed out! Could not find server”, right after the previous attempt that got me a different error.
- And a number of other errors I don’t remember.
I have been working with the admins trying to troubleshoot the problem.
- I verified my game files multiple times.
- I reinstalled the game(deleted everything including registry items).
- I restarted my computer
- I reset my router.
We are suspecting that something is interfering between my location and the server.
So now I am asking the community here in the hopes that there are someone with knowledge and expertise in the area that can help.