Update 2.1 Wild surges contain T2 and T3 crafters

With the upcoming 2.1 update it appears that wild surges contain T2 and T3 crafters.
Proof:

I think this is great news.
3 out of 5 wild surges contain t2 and t3 crafters, with some wild surges containing even 2 t2/t3 crafters at a time.

@Narelle
No mods were used, e.g. Better Surges.

Best regards.

7 Likes

Interesting. If this isn’t a bug, I have mixed feelings about it. Since I play on PVE-C, I feel that the summoned surges aren’t really worth it, given the potential for griefing and the randomness of the rewards.

So on the one hand, I’m relieved I don’t have to go through the summoned surge rigmarole, given the state of the things right now. On the other hand, it feels like they “gave up” on tuning the summoned surges right away, which makes me sad.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ll definitely never bother doing a summoned surge other than for souls and recipes of this is true. Maybe I’ll trigger one once for the achievement.

To be fair, the only thrall I really wanted at this point was a higher tier blacksmith so that I could get 1:1 on my steel reinforcements.

Once the economy update drops I won’t even need that.

1 Like

Did you check to see if it’s still possible to build directly under one?

Yes, you can build under it. Even while it’s active.

1 Like

I’ve confirmed that wild surges do drop T2 and T3 thralls. They’re not exceptionally rare or common. I’ll try to get a better sense of the percentages after the next maelstrom. It did seem like maybe there was a finite number of T3 and T2 that would spawn per maelstrom? I’ll need to farm it a few more times and see if that pattern holds.

2 Likes

This is good. The summoned surges, as fun as they are, exist in a game that allows, and even encourages griefing. Summoned surges were just a kick in the balls for anyone that tried to do them solo, or with a friend. Inevitably someone would come and steal from you, and you would feel raped/helpless. Especially on PvE. I intend to avoid summoning surges all together, and just trade resources to get my tier 4’s after a couple months. The new benches/with tier 2/3 make this play much more reasonable and rewarding.

1 Like

@GodlyVoice Can you confirm, no mods were used e.g Better Surges.

This is a great development, especially with the changes to crafter progression. It makes summoned surges an optional element of gameplay, since they seem to be largely tuned for PVP, where incremental increases in equipment make a difference. That also means that PVE players who choose to use that mechanic will be doing so because they want to, rather than because they have to. I think that increases the chance that more players will give it a try, and end up liking it now that it is not forced.

2 Likes

Agreed on all counts. I have been advocating T2’s in Wild Surges, an occasional chance to get T3’s is icing on the cake. The summoned surges are still valid because they allow you to a) get T4/purge thralls and b) focus on a specific faction for recipes and drops

3 Likes

This makes wild surges actually usefull.

4 Likes

Hey everybody, quick update.

We have added the following line to the patchnote changes.

Please be aware of the disclaimer. This is still a work in progress change that will come fully realised with an upcoming Testlive patch, so these values might not exactly be the ones present in this build. They will also be present in the new patchnotes.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.