[Updated] Sound stutter and game freeze at Hammon's Cabin

I’ve had freezes after traveling to a new location as well but the inventory screens are the most abundant. It’s normally after playing for a bit. I wonder if it’s a memory leak?

The game freezes when you open the window with the distribution of skill points. It hangs completely, the music starts to stutter, in the Task Manager the application “Not responding”. It only helps to remove the task and restart the game. It does not depend on the graphic settings at all.

1 Like

Hi! We are working on a fix for this, I assume you have an older AMD processor? Is that correct?

Hi,

I have the same issue - in inventory / mutant skill screen right after upgrading my characters.

Mine is AMD processor, FX 8350 eight core processor.

same problem for me also an AMD FX-8350 8x4

Same for me, crashed at the start of the first mission when I opened the character menu.
AMD FX-8350, GForce 1060.

I have the same Issue with AMD FX 8350 , my game freezes at the Cutscene and than Crashes, happens at Hammons Cabin. Tried all kind of options ,nothing worked…
Pls fix that , i cant continue that so far awesome game …

Hi!

I have the same issue! Game freezes if I stay in inventory too long and it starts to freeze if I stay too long in the ARKs main screen. I have an AMD fx-6300. Love the game otherwise! =) Noticed that it freezes at ingame cutscenes too. cant continue past Hammonds cabin because of it.

Ty!

I am having the same issue as others above. and yep Im running a AMD FX 8350 as well.

I hope this issue is resolved soon. The game looks very fun.

Same, help.

AMD 8320 8core
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
8GB RAM

Guys, again thank you for your patience with this. We are gathering hardware as I type this to get the issue solved ASAP. So I do not need any more savegames thank you, its basically down to Pre-Ryzen hardware, which we are rushing to gather and get things straight for you.

I’m only gonna say this once and don’t want to sound patronizing in any way, have you all got the latest windows/driver updates? - Won’t mention it again as I’m sure you probably tried this already! /Mark

1 Like

Why is an “older processor” the problem?
I run doom ultra high at 100+ fps :blush:
No one needs a new processor :S 2018

Its a compatibility issue, not that we want to exclude pre-ryzen processors, however all our internal machines are newer processors and the same goes with QA and others, it could also be a combination of the GTX 1080 and the FX chips, both of which we will have in physical form soon, so we will be able to debug and fix the issue. What I might do is make a steam branch tomorrow morning with logging and then ask for volunteers to reproduce the issue. I will make sure we send you something as a thank-you in the mail!

4 Likes

Thank you all very much for your hard work and hope this is an easy fix from the dev end.

1 Like

Thank you for your commitment to fix this issue. I will surely help out if you deploy a debug branch on Steam.

Ett Uppdrag i Mos Mosel!

1 Like

The game freezes when you open the window with the distribution of skill points. It hangs completely, the music starts to stutter, in the Task Manager the application “Not responding”. It only helps to remove the task and restart the game. It does not depend on the graphic settings at all. You have to remember to manually save the game permanently.

UPD: Not a game but a solid bug! I also found out that there is no possibility to switch from the “Window without borders” mode to the “Full screen” mode. When in the options you set the desired value to “Fullscreen”, then the “Save Changes” button is simply inactive. If, for example, you turn off and immediately turn on “vertical sync”, the button will become active and you can click it, ostensibly saving the changes. But it works until you exit the “Options” menu. If you go back to the settings, you will find that the mode again switched by itself to “Window without frames”! Guys, do you seriously want to release a game that hangs tightly when you open the character or inventory characteristics window, hangs when you press ALT + TAB, doesn’t save settings? This is not even funny. The maximum in Early access to Steam game should go. And certainly not for the amount you ask for it.

2 Likes

My config: AMD A10-6800K 4,1Ghz, GeForce 1050Ti 4Gb, 16Gb RAM Win10 PRO x64.

Try pressing ESC when it starts freezing. For me it helped

Hi Guys, Mark here form TBLC,

We are having trouble reproducing the issue, could one of the affected users please send me a zipped copy of their ‘Saved’ folder C:\Users<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Local\ZoneUE4

send to mark@thebeardedladiesconsulting.com

Thank you!

1 Like