We need Dungeon checkpoints

We need Dungeon checkpoints so when we die, we come back to a certain point, and not back to the very beginning. The current Dungeons need to be reworked as well.

6 Likes

Im not opposed to your suggestion. However, dungeons need preparation.

When you know you need a key to pass a certain location, farm two, and place one on your Thrall.

That way if you die you can simply wait at home until your Thrall returns with the key (10-15 mins). Then collect loot (30 mins).

2 Likes

Hi @Trappist01x. Thankyou very much for raising this issue. While I dont feel that we need checkpoints in all dungeons per se, I do firmly believe that we should have the ability to place a Bedroll in ALL dungeons. I have started a lengthy rant…I mean discussion on this in the below thread. Feel free to come and give your input too if you like. Either way; Supported.

2 Likes

Or dungeon bedrolls - last part: No Building In Wine Cellar Dungeon: Lets Talk!

Whatever is easier to implement for Funcom :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah even if it was some kind of interactable object which anyone who chooses to press on would restart from.

2 Likes

I would agree. Especially when I have limited play time, I have to decide what I caen accomplish before I start my session. Some nights all I can do is farm. It’s depressing to be halfway thru a dungeon and realize it’s way past time to get off.

2 Likes

Do not nerf dungeons. That is what this will do. It would take the risk completely away if i know my bed roll is 15 seconds away. We already cheese that with the stairway boss mechanic. Leave the beautiful crafted and actually fun dungeons alone please. If you want check points, then go play MGS 5 or one of the old tomb raider games.

I know, right, a PVP-er who doesn’t want a nerf for once. Go figure.

3 Likes

The thing is, you can (according to Croms faithful in the other thread) place bedroll in warmaker and in Jhebal sag dungeon…

Dagon is a good question. And the others are easy enough anyway.

1 Like

I have a feeling those are more bugs, than anything else. And once you introduce building in dungeons, it opens a whole swath of exploits. And if i am not mistaken, he plays SP/CO-OP. On my SP i can place in some places that online official is not allowed. Test the UC area. You can place farther in than on officials. I did a check to see where i could build. Got happy, went to official, and guess what, it just sucked up my foundations, never placing them.

2 Likes

Yeah, was also surprised by his answer :smiley:

Thats why I had this idea with a dungeon bedroll (no land claim, removes itself after 12hours/dungeon exit, you can only have 1 active).

2 Likes

@WhatMightHaveBeen are you opposed to a nerf, has the world turned upside down? :laughing: Incidentally it is not a nerf, but Im not here to discuss semantics. But anyway just to address what yourself and @jot29 have said: it is indeed possible to build in dungeons. Certainly in Offline Singleplayer anyway. Well all except for the Black Keep anyway. The Well of Skelos took a LOT of searching, but I eventually found a tiny patch. Others such as the The Sunken City, Midnight Grove and Warmakers Sanctuary, I can place Bedrolls (almost) anywhere. I will upload a few screenshots for you guys after work if you like?

3 Likes

Unnamed city mainly. be surprised where you can place some stuff compared to officials. outer walls area.

1 Like

Offline i think the building restrictions are less. I know the Black Keep by the entrance, i can, on SP, build inside it. OR could. Been a while since i tested that area. But on Official it was a no place zone. one that didn’t warn you, just consumed the foundation.

1 Like

Are we sure it si not a SP “bug”. I know a while back it ws discussed that if you ran out of rendering of cities, when you returned it “respawn” new NPC’s. Remember someone complaining they ran to the city (new Asagarth) and died while thralling. When they returned the spawn had changed, even though they hadn’t killed or knocked it out. If so, then the full health bar may be due to that, and not quick healing. I know i have died running the new dungeon, and each time i have naked ran to my body, the Boss was at alost the same health as i had left it and my thrall was just standing there not interacting with it. Which means it didn’t heal up as quickly as @Croms_Faithful is experiencing. If this is so, then no check point will help unless it is in rendering of the area you died.

1 Like

There is a spot in the south UC on SP i was able to build.
Now this was a month ago. so it may have been changed with all the under mesh fixes. But on single player, i was able to throw up a tower around the structure. Officials, it just ate my foundations.

1 Like

I might do a recheck myself, as i am on a hiatus from officials. Give me a reason to turn on my PS4 lol.

1 Like

TBH, that’s what I thought the torches in the new dungeon were when I first ran it. Bit of a missed opportunity, though one that could be rectified…

2 Likes

I thought and hoped so myself. Instead it appears that they just look cool. It would also mean that other people wouldnt have to use them for such a purpose if they did not wish to.

2 Likes

Ok @WhatMightHaveBeen and @jot29 here are some images of my Bedrolls placed in dungeons. And just briefly in response to the no building in the Unnamed City biome you discussed with @Shadoza, I can confirm it is posdible to build there in Offline Singleplayer, as I have an outpost/sub-base there. I will upload more pics at the end of the day again.

The Midnight Grove

The Sunken City

The Well of Skelos

The Warmakers Sanctuary

The Dregs

Oddly enough it wouldnt allow me to put a Bedroll down this time. I could swear that it allowed me to in the past. I am unsure if this is a change, or I am simply remembering incorrectly; it has been a very long time since I ran it.

3 Likes

Sadly, it doesn’t always work this way.
Last Friday night my loot and thralls loot was lost to the arena champ in 10 mins. Usually have a box of spare keys at a map outside the entrance, then there is those mysterious stability losses but that’s another story… Had to go to main base to get a key. Still made it back in 11 mins to zero loot or death markers.
If you pass the door to the inner sanctum, you should have the option of respawning there.

2 Likes