What NEW thing do YOU want to see added to Secret World Legends?

@KG-is-a-godess I wouldnt like this for the outworld map but setting lairs this way would be very interesting and fun to increase hardness and rewards as a group and seeing as lairs generally is done with a set group you wouldnt push a random player into a harder area just because you are there.

For me: Make endgame grind be less repetitive (#$$@#$%!!), more interesting, and be accessible to more people. I don’t care how you do it! Grinding 1300 hours to reach IP10 with 5 dungeons, 3 scens and 1 weekly raid and the current weapons imbalance is really really really repetitive. It doesn’t make me want to buy Aurum; it makes me want to leave the game.

For others: PVP. Those guys have suffered through more than any other group. How hard would it be turn Kaidan into some sort of Fortnite or PUBG or similar Battle Royale environment? Get creative on Equal Footing and let 5 standard builds rip through Kaidan. Do monetization like the FPS online games do
no gear but cool skins and outfits!

4 Likes

tab targeting.

tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting.

tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting. tab targeting.

tab targeting.

12 Likes

Much as I would do unspeakable acts to get this back we got formally told to go consume a phallus when asking for this option back in Beta.

1 Like

well if we can forgive about tab targeting them make the reticule work fine
the need to aim at the feet of target if too close, to be able to shoot it
the reticule selecting the out of range target instead of the closest
tab selecting was working better than this reticule in his current state

3 Likes

Hi!

I’m a new player, started a little under a month ago, and I’ve never played TSW.

The one thing I would most like to change, the one thing that vexes me the most about SWL, is the mind-boggling amount of TSW-exclusive stuff.

I keep seeing someone with a cool outfit or clothing item, riding a cool mount or being followed by a cute pet, and thinking “Wow, that’s neat, I want that, how do I get it?”. Then I ask or google or search the respective UI for this item and it either doesn’t even show up at all, or has a “TSW-exclusive” label on it, or it says “Achievement” and I excitedly look up the achievement needed, only to find out it’s not even possible to do this achievement in SWL. And even if all that is not true, then things will often be from seasonal events or older caches, with no one knowing if these will ever become available again.

It genuinely feels like 50% or more of the game’s clothing items, sprints and pets are not currently obtainable by SWL players. And that ist seriously hurting my enjoyment of the game. I’m at the point now where I’m asking my veteran friends to not show me cool stuff they have, and where I try (and too often fail) to not get my hopes up when I see someone wearing, riding or being accompanied by something cool.

I totally get that TSW players should absolutely still have all the things they had in TSW. It’s only fair! I also get that you might have promised them some stuff as being just for them, as a reward for their loyalty and whatnot. But here’s the weird thing: The one thing that, to my knowledge, was actually kind of a returning-TSW-players reward was that bike they got if they had the Frankenchopper in TSW. And that bike I can buy. Just not the other things that, as far as I know, have never actually been promised to them to be exclusive.

So, yeah, that is what I want more than anything. The chance to buy or earn those things that are already in the game. Those things you’re not currently making money off even though I’d be willing to give you some. Those things that the game keeps dangling in front of my nose, only to say “HAHA, YOU CAN’T HAVE IT! NEENER, NEENER!” a moment later.

As it is right now, the game keeps making me feel like a second-class citizen. Like it doesn’t even want me here, because I didn’t play TSW, so who the fork do I think I am, wanting to join the party? The fact that many of these veterans bought a lifetime sub (not available to me, btw.) and might not even currently be paying to keep the servers running*, while I am, does of course just increase this feeling of not being valued as a new player.
Most of all, though, it really, really sucks to get excited about something, only to then learn that you can’t have it just because. We all get enough of that in real life. We do not need it in our games.

There are a few other things I’d like to agree with others on, or add:

• Bring back as much TSW content as possible
  • Especially endgame group content such as raids and dungeons
  • Give non-Illuminati players a chance to get a different gas mask than the (ugly) yellow CDC one. It was fine for a while, but I need more colors (Black, Templar Red) to go with different outfits. And I am NOT going out there without a gas mask. There’s Filth EVERYWHERE!
  • I don’t know how, but ideally I’d like you to find a way to let us wear a gas mask and glasses at the same time without the gas mask moving to the head slot.
  • Give us an option to buy more than one hairstyle, and to switch hairstyles on the fly, so we can have different hairstyles with different outfits. I very much love my bun, but it doesn’t go with hats, and a ponytail only goes with some hats, not all of them, and I don’t like how I look with just the pony, so pleeeeeeeze!

*I’m sure some, maybe even many of them help keep the servers running by buying Aurum, but it feels really crappy to hear “Oh, I got this in TSW. Not available here, I’m afraid. Me?” followed, a little later, by “No, I don’t pay a sub. I got lifetime in TSW.”

10 Likes

I think it’s an amazing idea if it’s optional.

Sometimes I specifically go to a low-level-zone where I oneshot everything just to get my challenges done quickly, or very quickly earn some shards/bags for some reason. Being forced to do this at an “appropriate” difficulty would lessen my enjoyment. It might also create issues when teaming up with other players of a higher/lower IP if scaling was forced.

But, yeah, as an optional system, the point is: You have loads of content in the game already, it’s just not “worth” doing it in endgame. Make everything worth it. Look at Diablo 3, really. The replayability in that is insane! Almost anything you can do in any part of the game is “worth” your time as an endgame player. That’s part of what made me go back to it every. single. season.

1 Like

Here I suggested a similar optional scaling to make replayability a thing.

Exactly. The really hard to get items in TSW drop like candies here, what’s the point in limiting things accessible by SWL players? I do not understand this.

Cheers!

Group content.

At the very least, as many others have said, bring back the missing dungeons, raids and scenarios. And then be creative and give us some new stuff. We haven’t gotten any new dungeons and raids since 2015 for Gaia’s sake!

1 Like

A number of that stuff came from Collector’s Editions of the old TSW content issues.

I never understood why Funcom didn’t just make those, at least, available as (expensive) Aurum purchases or even packs.

Given that with Dawn of the Morninglight, Collector’s Editions are back, and in a ‘real money purchase only’ form to boot, they really do need to consider ‘Legacy Collector’s Packs’ or something.

5 Likes

It’s not like SWL is overflowing with exclusive items

I personally wouldn’t mind if they wanted to start selling some of the old CE stuff again. But things like membership rewards should remain exclusive, IMO.

3 Likes

I really hope my Dev Killer tee stop being exclusive, that would mean PvP testing events are happening again

I dare you devs!
I dare you twice!

1 Like

Andy gave out the newer black and red ones several times in SWL already. To my knowledge, it’s just the original black and white version that you can no longer get.

I’ll go with what I would focus on if I were the lead designer:

New story content (obviously). Perhaps in smaller iterative releases. Perhaps even smaller than south africa. Add more quests, append new event to the existing zone, release a new zone once in a while (or make the zone “bigger” once in a while) and add more content to them. Not focusing on the “GRAND RELEASE”, but on faster smaller one, while keeping an eye on the big picture.

Progressive re-introduction of TSW lost dungeons, but not all at the same time, you have WAYYYY too much job doing to introduce new story content as a priority.

Bring back some “Fan-favorite NPC’s” in the story content. Perhaps for small parts for many of them, and bigger parts for some “select” ones.

Re-introduction of stuff that takes AP and SP. Possibly “special weapons” such as the whip, flamethrower, rocketlaucher and old favorites :slight_smile:

More fun ways to complete daily rewards. More variety.

On the long term:

An API for player made content.

Things i’d like to see in the future:

• story to be continued (obviously)
  • the missing 3 vanilla dungeons at elite-difficulty
  • the tokyo dungeons converted to swl-gameplay
  • the missing raids
  • housing besides the museum (maybe the apartment in orochi-tower, once the tokyo story is finished?)
  • skill-lines that can be used, regardless of the choice of weapon (to get rid of the hundreds of AP/SP waiting to be spent), even one active/passive slot would suffice

greetings

WuWi a.k.a. Erynia

people don’t seem to understand it was supposed to be ONE thing XD
as for me, if it was one more thing, i want more cosmetic, you guys could capitalize greatly on that, more hairstyles, more faces, more clothes being released often enough, each month some new things.

3 Likes

The only thing I’m really after is regular story content. By that I mean if you could drop in minimum one new mission (story or main) every month.

This would keep me coming back more often as it wouldn’t feel like things have gone quiet. When there are large drops more irregularly, and I don’t know when the next batch would arrive, I’m more likely to go do something else for a while until the next announcement then binge my way through.

Some other things (e.g. housing) would be nice, but I can’t say it would swing me to play more or less in the long run.

1 Like

Forum! We need a forum! Give us a FORU
 Oh wait.
crosses off list

All right. One thing, right? Right. And new. One new thing. That’s easy:

More story content.

Secret World is all bout the story. Do what you do best, tell the stories. The wonderful fully voiced, long quest chain stories! No need to create new maps for those stories either, you have A LOT of interesting characters who’s stories are yet to be told. And I’d really like for ut to wrap up a lot of unfinished business in the earlier zones and see how it all plays out.

==Here ends my wish, below is an example, an rough idea how I’d like to see things done==

Let’s go back Solomon Island. Same map, just new setting. Time has passed, autumn is nearly over and winter is coming. The zombie hordes are larger than ever. The Draug menace is ever growing and about to escape the island. More survivors have died. Yes, even some of those we held dear. Some still struggle to keep alive. The military is about to invoke EXODUS protocol. Then we, now L50 agents are sent in. Maybe not from our faction, but maybe The Hive asks us or we get plea from a survivor. Summoned by the the Academy Faculty? The Agartha portals are blocked! So begins The Last Stand for Solomon Island. And it gets a really happy ending or a really crappy one, nothing in between.

Also, when you send us to finish off Transylvania, Adrian Zorlescu dies, aye?

12 Likes

We all want more story content, but it’s not enough to keep players engaged. Plus all that voice acting and movie making is expensive and requires Funcom to use and pay for outside resources.

The long-awaited Season 2 gave us roughly 2.5-3 hours of new game play. I was done in one evening. Now what? Wait another few years? Even another month is a long wait for 3 hours of game play. We need interesting, repeatable, and challenging content to run in between story releases. While I love story mode for allowing players of all skill levels and gear to experience the full story, it means none of the story content is remotely challenging for anyone decently geared. Tokyo used to be something of an endgame zone. Now it’s like a babysitter with a little filth. You can one-shot every single monster in it. That leaves only dungeons and raids, and to a lesser extent regionals and lairs, as semi-challenging repeatable content. And those same 5 dungeons are getting real old, as I’ve pontificated before. :smiley:

4 Likes

I don’t care what keeps you engaged. It’s what I want, what keeps me engaged. Ok? Good.

2 Likes