What say you FUNCOM to this?

You do know they are now on a 3 week holiday? I don’t think we are going to see many changes during this time, what we have now is what we have to play with for the next month guys.

1 Like

@mixels & everyone

I just wanted to add what Mixels says too. I understand that with the ruleset above which is my understanding of how its meant to work, I also agree that its a lottery.

When I say “1 = You get purged if at least 1 member of your clan IS online”
I should have worded it better to include that “you are then eligible to be purged”

I understand that I wont get purged just because my bar is full, but rather that Im now in the lottery draw for the next purge phase.

Thanks for making that point clearer Mixels

Yep. And I started researching new games this week. I never do that unless I’m sick of the one I am playing.

No that is incorrect. I have been purged twice while I wasn’t even online or in the game. I am a single player on a PVE Server and I have no clan.

But what setting does the server have mate?

I see. Never mind. Must be set to zero. I didn’t read it right. Doesn’t matter, it’s a stupid setting given thralls are broken.

1 Like

I think we got jiffed on the purge either way,
they said purge was to go across the map like the sand storms in a massive army.

All we got is random creatures spawning in at our base.

2 Likes

My grandfather always said to me;
“Son, don’t judge a man by what he says, judge him by what he does, that’s the only to see the truth in someone”

4 Likes

“Working as intended.”

When the purge settings on a server is set to happen even to offline clans or individuals. It means the survival aspect of the game is enhanced. It means You’re not meant to build up big bases unless you’re part of a clan that can run 24hr operations to keep the bulk of their bases safe.

It means when you run solo you keep the majority of stuff to craft with on your person or in hidden troves.

If this offline mode is not palatable to you, then set the setting to 1. The server I play on doesn’t even allow for the purge to attack individuals and sets it to 2 so it only affects active clans.

And if you’re playing on official, you agreed to be purged while offline. There’s no reason to be upset over something you agreed to playing.

That would be all well and good if it didn’t take an eternity and a half to make the tools you need to rebuild your basic fighting equipment when you die and lose your corpse, which you will do if you are purged while offline…

Also, solo players make up significant portions of player bases in games like these. If FunCom really wants to say tough !@#$ soloers, you can’t do the cool stuff, they’re going to miss out on a good chunk of DLC sales.

1 Like

here is a damn great and accurate correction, because in the present form of the game is a waste!

That’d be fine if thralls were not bugged as heck. They’re worthless in base protection.

Read what I said. If you play on official, you need to run a 24/hr clan. Otherwise you don’t get to have a base. Having thralls or not is irrelevant to that fact.

LOL. Do you carry their water too?

Incidentally, I was rebuilding my base and the day after I got Purged I got raided PVP and lost the rest of my gear, yesterday i rebuilt about 50% of my base when I logged in this morning I got PURGED again, it’s really pointless at this point , my purge meter was not even at the last bar, I can’t rebuild my base quick enough and when the purge comes its like 2 am for me… Grrrrrrrrrr Frustrating game

Why is one of my chest missing from a wheel house I made after last weeks patch? Why wont FUNCOM respond to this?

Did you use a triangular foundation? Chests etc. disappeared if they were on non-square foundations.

I might of, is that part of FUNCOMS code or is it a bug that they disappear?

I might of, is that part of FUNCOMS code or is it a bug that they disappear?

It’s a bug I have seen reported many many times since the big patch.

I get the impression the “online players required for purge” setting for official servers is 0. I’m not sure about this because I play on private servers.

@Spynosaur_Nicole, is that the case? If so, can you please ask for the value to be increased to 1 to at least ensure that solo players don’t get purged while offline? It’s hard enough to defend against purges as a single player, it would help a lot to not have to worry about being purged when you can’t be there to help defend.