When will the avatars return?

How do you title a date for the reintegration of this important mechanic? without them the balance in pvp servers is seriously compromised. Can you give us an indicative time for their return? They have been missing for too long now … and no news has been given on the matter. I would like you to share information on how they will return and the changes you would like to make. Thanks

pve no one cares, pve-c no one care, pvp noone care they are are too busy hacking the game and explpoiting the weak scripts to care about gods

Id like to see them come back from a style perspective, but i dont know how important they really are. Its just faster base destruction and you can destroy bases now, so its just a matter of preference. The problem is addressing exploits, not the missing gods.

Summoning Avatars was a big selling point for early access people. It the principle of the thing. I want to be a giant snake for 60 seconds and just instantly kill everything in my path.

That most likely won’t happen anymore. At the time avatars will be back available, they won’t be the nukes they were once before. This is a statement from Jens during one of their developer streams. Anyway, they likely will provide a major weapon in pvp. The giant snake is not gone :snake: :sunglasses:

They are often the ONLY thing a smaller clan, or solo player, has to hit back against the toxic alpha clans that wipe servers for fun and spite.

3 Likes

I dont think the idea that one person can plague 10 with one mechanic is an argument in its favor.

1 Like

I guess it is than better that a toxic clan
to go from server to server wiping it with unlimited explosives without recourse of them getting destroyed by a summoned god? Let the toxic clans continue to wipe servers for spite and lose players…that is what pvp is all about???

There is no such thing as “unlimited” explosives without an exploit or without crafting them (which is fair play), so your problem there is with the exploit, not lack of gods. As to the alpha clan point, the game is to conquer. If they are conquering, they are playing the game well (assuming they arent using exploits). Beyond the exploits, the problem lies with no server resets. Once a clan gets entrenched, its hard to overcome that. The answer though is not implementing a mechanic where 1 person can destroy 10 people’s fortress when the same exploit to get “unlimited” explosives can be used to get “unlimited” god tokens.

1 Like

personally the avatars must be strong and allow small clans to have a weapon against large clans. They must be powerful, their presence doubts any base. The balance is right, the clans can always protect themselves with the bubble. What’s the point of nerfing them? For people who cry and lose the loot? Let’s be honest their mechanics are fine (apart from exploits) I just needed a rebalancing (Ymir broken for at least a year …). If things are left like this and disabled, small clans are forced to make bombs only making everything more frustrating. The avatar allowed different gamplay and more power to all small and large clans.

If someone is cheating then all you can really do is report them. However saying a clan is cheating just because they have more resources then you is wrong. Where is your proof? A clan of ten people with a bunch of named alchemists can crank out dragon powder like it’s their job. Give me 15 firebowl cauldrons all with named workers and I’ll make you 1000 dragon powder in a hour.

2 Likes

Thats not a question for us and as long as everyone plays by the same rules is not necessary for fairness sake. Its a question of how difficult does Funcom want it to be to destroy a base and apparently they felt the gods were OP for that task. The gods will get a nerf and then likely come back but the fast demo is over.

1 Like

I’m talking about the creation of the powder.

Well, our server has just been taken over by an alpha clan of very foul mouth toxic individuals. They take pride is wiping servers and and not caring if player base leave the game or not. They have bases allover the server and had been able to raid and destroy 90% of the other bases tmainly do to 10000s of explosives that are stockpiled. The sever is now all but empty accept for them. So what the heck are we few remaining players to do…no gods to help and our numbers too low to resist. Is this the death of yet another official pvp server? This kind of thing is getting out of control and something needs to be done ASAP or there will be NOOOOOO more official PvP servers for new players to join or to retain the older player base that lost them.

Then use the forums to create an anti Alpha group that goes around cleaning them up.

1 Like

I agree with you and accept your reasoning Blackmesa. When Funcom said they were removing Gods from the game in order to eliminate exploits I applauded the decision. However, either Funcom is doing a really, REALLY thorough job, or more likely, I tend to suspect that they have had to put their work on them to one side and focus on new issues which have emerged. But I digress.

I feel that the playerbase has been very patient on this issue. However, it has now been 8 months and counting since they were removed!

https://forums.funcom.com/t/psa-avatar-summoning-temporarily-disabled-on-official-servers/82322

That is almost one third of the total time which has elapsed since the games release date. I am sorry but I now feel that this has been too long, we need to get them fixed up and back in to the game. Gods are a huge selling point for the game, they not only appear throughout the games current official trailer,

but they are even one of the first things we see on the Conan Exiles start-up screen.

Players also need Gods to be able to complete the Journey Steps. Furthermore, if they were re-enabled players would have greater means to eliminate some of the now rampant foundation spamming (well on PvP at least). The time has come; Gods/Avatars must start returning to Conan Exiles!

4 Likes

Well it wouldnt be here in an unrelated post about gods. The announcement section has details on how to contact the admins.

yup, all they will do by re-instituting the gods/avatars is give the exploiters more ability to exploit breaking the game further.

1 Like

Otra opción qye los active en pve para la etapa del viaje

What di you mean? Gods have nothing to do with travel