Where is our DLC and why is it taking so long

Purple tree issue had to do with load time and rendering on your xbox. Although there are still lots of bugs, not all of the issues are from the game. My wife plays on an original xbox one, I play on an xbox one S with an external ssd. My game loads faster, no purple trees, fewer crashes, almost no rendering issues.

Now, not having the DLC released for more than two weeks after it was released on the PC and PS4 is frustrating. What makes it worse is we’ve had limited explanation from Funcom as to what is holding things up and when we can expect it. However, in their defense they might not know. So, a little more communication on their part would be nice and more patience on our part.

1 Like

They have ad last week the sesson pass 1 and a new cover pictur plus a new trailer but still no patch . On oone site i understand that funcom pushing it on ps 4 ther it was free for a month but for use its a punch in the face that we still have too wait for it and i am too 100% sure its not the fault of microsoft .
i think funcom need too not forgot use on x box we was go the full year early acccess whit conan and now we get left behind thats not a good move from funcom

It is fairly common for Microsoft to take weeks to complete the certification process. Games like Warframe and Crossout are consistently 2 weeks or more behind PC. QA is important, but Microsoft needs to improve, and at least, provide more transparency in the process.

Also, it might be difficult for Funcom to break the news that the last cert process failed (if that were the case) and had to be resubmitted. Imagine the outrage and negative responses that would be received…

Expectation = Disappointment

1 Like

Actually people would rather hear it failed cert and needs fixed and resubmitted. Gonna get more negative responses not being up front. However we don’t even know if that’s the case. Also I don’t feel it’s taken 2 weeks ever to be certified. Not sure where you got that from but usually when it goes into cert testing its only a couple days to 1 week at most. Feel most cert times we’ve had in conan (that pass) have only taken us generally 3-4 days.

1 Like

Why its even work on other games tooo bring out ther patches on pc and x box same time butt funcom evrrey time come whit the thing its on microsoft ?

They don’t always bring out patches for other games at the same time. PC does not have to be cert tested. It’s literally a file you download on your computer and install. Xbox has cert testing to make sure it’s compatible with the system and doesn’t cause problems.

“Oh, no, why is a patch late on my despotic platform where first parties take forever to cert even though the dev tested the patch to a state where they felt ok to push it live on PC!”

@JTtheDestroyer what/where is purple tree island, can you elaborate on this a little?

Purple trees can happen anywhere in the world. When the background doesn’t render in quick enough, trees, especially palms, show up as indistinct purple sticks.

Hey there,

Quick update: We’re still experiencing additional, unplanned issues with the certification process and waiting for a response. However, the new DLC might show up available for purchase in the store. Please be aware that the contents of that patch are still not available in-game until the patch is out. We are working on fixing the issue as soon as possible. We apologise for this inconvenience.

2 Likes

Wow. Wait, so you are saying that you devs are so morraly bankrupt that you would put up the dlc for sale on xbox one KNOWING it will not work until the patch comes out? If it ever comes out. What a sham. Shame on you guys.

Edit: It would be a great help if you could clarify on whose end the delay is and could shed GOOD light on you guys. So is microsoft delaying for banal reasons? Meaning its their fault, or is it the patch intself is unstable and need more dev time for xbox one, which means its your fault.

The plan was to roll both out at the same time, but unfortunately it wasn’t possible to delay the release of the DLC pack. We’ll have the patch out as quickly as we can.

3 Likes

@THEMANTA well that statement isn’t very constructive, something went wrong and they will fix it the patch shouldn’t take to long

Well here is a more constructive critique: Maybe if the devs spent more time and put more care into their updates their would be less instability or problems in the game. If they spend more time on dlc then they are splitting their priorities on game functionality and making more revenue.

Also, devs just admittied they knowingly put out dlc for sale that will not work due to a missing patch that we do not even have a general eta for other than “its ready when its ready”. You greedy people disgust me and its why you have zero of my dollars :slight_smile:

The revenue they make helps them spend more time fixing the game instead of moving the Conan team to other projects … we are all human sometimes mistakes happen but be certain it will be fixed

Don’t get me wrong I just bought the Turan pack for Xbox I’m not happy that I won’t see the items ingame nothing I can do about it and complaining won’t help but at least I know a patch will be out very soon

Its just they have no info on when it will be certified. So if I baught the dlc today, how long would it take before I could actually use it? A few days, a week, two weeks, a month? All that time they have my money and I have noting to show for it. If they could just give us some kind of timeframe it would alleviate alot of the tension. Im tired of the lack of info.

Constructive critique? Here’s some for you sir. Stop assuming you know whats going on behind the scenes. The fact that the devs take time to even read through and respond to our comments/insults/criticisms/pleas should be evidence to their intent.

There is a load of planning and coordination for doing content releases. Deals get made, advertisement goes out, servers are loaded with the new content for distribution, and so on. As with anything, things can go wrong and you have to make the best of it.

Instead of criticizing something you have little to no knowledge of, try to have a little patience. FC wants/needs to make a living and consumers want more content. The incentive for them to fix this asap is already in place.

3 Likes

But all of your time :slight_smile:
and time is money.

Thank you for letting us know