Whole Base destroyed

5sf-5second-films-you-tube (1)
broke-brake

2 Likes

You build beautiful and you know it, I admire you.
In the last contest, I started building a massive build on the edge of the volcano mount, from the frost side. I really like the contrast of lava in snowy areas, I find it extremely romantic and inspirational. I started with the temple, about 5.000 pieces and then I proceeded to a colossal path about 1.000 stairs and more to connect the environment of temple with the frost environment.
If the game would allow me to finish this path would had plenty of places to sit, relax and continue your pilgrimage.
When I hitted about 50.000 pieces, the next day I logged in and it was totally gone, totally. I was building the pilgrimage for 4 days straight in admin mode and 2 more for the temple, it was on 60% of the project and it was gone… Just like that…

Because I was an old member, I send a pm to Nicole, explaining what happened and ofcurce why I pm this situation and do not report properly…
I didn’t care about the loss, all I was thinking is that devs should know, nothing else.

The reason I didn’t care is my old pvp clan. Playing about a year with them we abandoned several colossal bases, with all the goodies inside because they get bored the server :crazy_face:.
Once in a private server I builded a base that finally crashed the server, over 150.000 foundations filled with traps and barricades.
I’ve done my mistakes, I am guilty as charge and that’s the greatest reason I cannot lift a the stone sometimes, my sins spinning around my head.
Now I am only pve, with little beautiful bases, less possible foundations and like @Kapoteeni says, survive, build, decorate.
My last mistake is my farming and storing sickness.
I believe that one day I will be able to enjoy the game having a really small house and not more than 10 chests inside.
Maybe one day I will become this player and my gaming days will be better, with less lags and more reasons to go out of my base.
Maybe…
Maybe not :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Ps. I love you too and you damn know it, thank you for everything.

2 Likes

Excellent information, I did not know that.

I agree, it’s like a double penalty unless there is something more than just land claim going on a simple deletion is well enough IMO.

1 Like

Ok, I admit, that was awesome, and made me laugh, nice.

5 Likes

Ohhhhhh. I heard someone else complain about getting banned for “improving” the server in that monster “how I learned to love the ban” mega thread.

1 Like

Yup, as I said in about 10 different replies in that thread (ya think I over did it? LOL) it seems like the ToS text “and other areas of the game” is being used as a wild card. So this is what we need more definition on. I can guess it - I even think 80% of it would be common sense… but then there’s that stinking 20% remaining. Like @Drizzte here, assuming that was just a standard 2 or 3 block wide bridge AND was near their base - there’s no reason to have destroyed their base in my opinion. And OMG, there’s absolutely no reason to ban them for it - what the actual… fudge!?!

-=Shrug=-

And then there’s junk like this with massive spam that goes unaddressed or in that case partially addressed - likely because everyone on that (official) server is cool, and doesn’t report others?

Update 2.7
New Additions

• Added a new Point of Interest protection system. In this initial implementation, it will protect obelisks in the Exiled Lands. This new system will periodically check the surroundings of these locations. Buildings found blocking access to these resources will be automatically destroyed.

Could have something to do with it, just guessing.

3 Likes

In one of the photos you uploaded I see a build full of exploit. It doesn’t have to do with thralls, or numbers, the rules about exploits are there, they do not allow it anymore.
The worst part of these complaints is that you don’t know what to believe anymore, this is the greatest reason I stopped dealing with these posts, they are pointless. We arguing each other but nothing changes, what it’s done, is done and doesn’t change.

2 Likes

Which photo, and kind of exploit(s)?

1 Like

This is why I say that playing on official servers is not worth it now (unless you want to lose an account for nothing).

If Funcom intends to empty the official servers so as not to have so many reports of hacks (against which they has never really been able / wanted to do anything) or they just want to divert resources to Dune they could simply announce the closure instead of using questionable methods to discourage people from play there.

1 Like

Ummm, yeah, that sounds like one of those “conspiracy theory” things to me. My hunch is that they just want the rules kept so that people (especially new players) have the “intended” experience as they’re exploring and discovering things. I just think that people (including me) don’t like the way they’re going about it is all.

2 Likes

This building behavior is an exploit, it is not intended by the games mechanics, I believe this is the reason for the ban of that player.

2 Likes

If I have understood it correctly, your theory is that they are applying bans arbitrarily to drive away experienced players and that they do not massacre newbies?

1 Like

On my server a cool lookin base with bridges across 2 map blocks recently disappeared around the time you say you base did. Think it might be you base. If so it looked good but way to big an covered a couple foals.

1 Like

I don’t think the player is banned, although I dunno for sure yet. I just think one of his buildings was munched. The rest of his building including this one, still remain standing.

Is that base not loaded in completly? Because it looks a little bit strange… it looks like a flying base. I think that was meant with using exploits

1 Like

No, they used the stable dlc prieces which act as a full frame with invisible top half.

3 Likes

It’s the stable fence stack exploit. You cannot climb it and it’s difficult to explode it. It started from the brilliant pvp minds.
It is a nice thing to see, unusual, yet officials tend to become training grounds mostly for new players.
Other than that once @Taemien explained to me that these servers are old, so they need to restart every day. Building with exploits in these servers maybe harmful for their performance, so it’s better not to.
What is happening right now, the things that we have conversations reminds me of @Multigun saying that people here ask for things but when the company is acting this way we all turn our backs, saying that we never ask for it.
I do not intend to do this mistake, I asked a lot of times for it, it was one of my first complaints here saying that official should represent the face of the company. Now that they act this way, I am 100% with them and if I am going to get banned from the officials because I cross the lines, so be it. Probably I will love my ban like @Pugilist did and happily continues his favorite game.
I am no white knight, I am just a hard-core fun of the game. I do not turn my back to justice, I face it and I apologize.
This is me.

6 Likes

What, no. How did you get that - Oh I see how, no no no…

First we have to realize that not a single person commenting in any of these threads knows exactly how “the policy” (assuming there is one) is being implemented - not even the one horn-blowing guy claiming he knows. So, all of this is just hypothesizing on our parts. In my case I’m attempting to use only inductive reasoning to form my guesses - which means I’m using actual reported samples as examples to form the premise of my inferences. If it hasn’t happened to at least one person since the new ToS, then it’s not included, and I make no implication or assumptions - except where clearly stated as such. :slight_smile:

Legalese out of the way, I’m saying that Server Admins are human beings implementing actions against players who have broken policies or who have been reported as such. They likely have no one looking over their shoulders or checking the intimate details of the actions they took and therefore, are able to execute those actions with a fair degree of humanized consideration and exactitude.

The general policy seems to include the spirit of maintaining certain areas of the map in generally but not strict pristine order so that when players arrive at those locations for the first time they receive the asset designer’s intended experience to some degree or another. These are pretty much all of the emotion inspiring locations and not any one general biome. Like Niagara Falls, it may be awesome but you’re probably not going to be allowed to build a large house on the banks next to it even though the zoning laws my permit it - yet there are (or were) a few utility sheds here and there. Kind of a mixed metaphor but I think that shows it.

I don’t think they care if the demolition is of a new player’s build or someone who has been in the game since the beginning, as long as players new to the area experience what the map and asset designers generally intended - even if that player is a vet but just maybe changed servers or something. This means like in the case where one of my buildings was demolished, that even if you’re are outside of a no-build-zone by a few blocks, that if your structure seems part of the general point-of-interest’s landscape it may be flagged for demolition. Remedy: Don’t build close to any unique features - especially if they have names associated with them like “The Great Dam” and especially not if you plan to build in largesse.

So, the “wild card” in the ToS’s “…and other areas of the game.” is both subject to the Admin’s sense of fairness and love of destruction, and in need of some definition maybe akin to my own ramblings above or at least more definition than “…and other areas in the game.”.

My hunch is also that the general policy includes permission for Admins to exercise a player ban - likely without specifying how when and where it should be exacted. Thus some players like myself and others get a demolition and are not banned at all on the first offence, some are banned for 5 days meaning they can recover remaining builds, and yet others are banned for 14 days - even though the policy violations were all relatively the same.

Another hunch, being that Admins are not robots connected to an evil and controlling Master CPU or company section chief, is that they have different individualistic ways of both detecting and enforcing policy. One person may roam the server occasionally or regularly and decide for themselves that something is a policy violation. Other Admins may not do so and only act upon received reports. Of those, some may examine things with a detailed inspection to determine the degree of violation and therefor the degree of consequence while others my just demolish everything and ban for the maximum non-permanent time allowed - as may or may not be specified in their policy sheets.

Sorry, that’s a lot of reading but I think it’s important to understand if we are to continue to enjoy the game and our relations with Funcom. Or maybe not. :laughing: If your browser is like mine you can just select it all and have it read aloud to you. It’s what I do for long posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right. So if you’re perfectly aware that they could just close it all down and there’s no reason for them not to do so, why are you then assuming that they’re “using questionable methods to discourage people from playing”?

3 Likes