Why should I even bother playing

The fact that the servers never get reset undoubtedly leaves some more fallow over time. As a result there are a ton of servers people spread out over. There are also servers for both the consoles. If you want to see how the game is really doing, you would have to compare a game of its age to other games at the same age and look at relative total users. I’m sure Funcom knows these stats and as a result has continued to support the game. If we went 3 months without any news what-so-ever about new content, I’d be incline to agree “yeah, dying”, but we know there is an update in test-live, and plans to do a new map which should be clear indicators the game is alive and well for a game of its age.

2 Likes

I understand your frustration completely . Still I believe that the biggest reason PvP exists is teamwork . So if you don’t have a team , find one . If you do , all that matters is that you play together . Plus what hobo said was correct . Private servers can give you a lot of fun too ,and much faster . So focus on the team thing and not on the others. After all it’s just a game . Find a way to have fun with the game you love and the people you like .

???

Your examples are literally a mystery to me. I can gather, climb and use stations. They arent bugged at all. Saying they have “thick empty skulls” exposes that you aren’t interested in meaningful discussion either. Insulting Funcom does not accomplish anything productive.

3 Likes

Private servers are dead. Population sucks and no one wants to trawl for hours to find one with rules that eventually fit.
The private server argument is overused, annoying and irrelevant in my eyes.
I want to play on an official server. I have put about £90 into a game that still does not work properly. So please shut up saying I need to join a private server when all I want is an official server that works

2 Likes

Private servers are dead? On what planet do you play exiles on? I know many private servers that regularly have 50+ people online which is more than the officials can even handle. Sorry no, private servers are not dead.

If you want to play on officials that’s well and fine but then don’t complain that you have to deal with the kind of crap that people on private servers do not have to deal with. You cannot have it both ways.

3 Likes

Funcom created official servers with a set or rules, one of them being that they won’t intervene much into the what goes on there.
It’s your fault for choosing official and then complaining that Funcom doesn’t intervene. I mean… They did mention they wouldn’t (only in very rare cases).
You could instead pick a private server with active good staff that does intervene if people cheated, undermeshed, blocked important areas to grief others etc.

Stop coming across people that stop playing in 3-4 days then? When I played a lot on private servers (back when the game was in a muuuuuch worse state than now) I played together with the same players for months.

I’m assuming they want people to report issues to them directly in PM/via mail or something, not that you post some exploit and how to do it on public forums… :expressionless:

@Acw311
I don’t believe that because lots of people I talked to on discord play on various private ones, which they say have lots of players on.
I mostly play single/coop nowadays so I can’t comment for sure, but I don’t see why they would all lie about it. On the other had you come off as upset at Funcom so I’m getting the impression you’d exaggerate to try to make your point.

its not that funcom doesnt want to “intervene”. they just dont give a flying frick about the game. they preffer their client purchase + 120 buck per years + DLC income rather than client purchase and maybe a dlc every now and then. imagine if funcom actually fixed the game without breaking anything. imagine how beautiful the game would be. no bug no glitches no broken mechanic. but we all know this wont happen.

but hey im only speaking out of experience. sry. dont forget to flag me if what i say hurted your feelings, for those who get offended by what i say.

1 Like

problem with half of those is they are all mostly Hardcore RP. I have tried a few looking for a good, exploit free pvp server and sadly I havent come across much that was pvp. They maybe under pvp section but once you join they make it clear its NOT PVP. Granted, I haven’t tried most in the list but more then a few I have. Be great if someone knows a good pvp server, even a modded one would be nice to try/ Official is dead

not a single server is exploit or tantrum player free.

giving money to a company that strill cant prevent under maping, still have issues with hit boxes, clipping bugs with buildings that wont allow us to build normally ON FLAT GROUND ( havng to burn 27 foundations to make a 3x4 wall…), and only focuses on releasing dlc’s rather than fixing anything is a good reason to not be gentle with them and thats AFTER 3 years of beta testing and 1 whole year of live.

also for good measure: go read bug and glitches sectionof the forum. just be sure that you’re seated.

it has been the same bugs and glitches coming on and off for the past years

1 Like

They have been fixing bugs. Undermeshing is a case by case fix so just cuz an undermeshing thread exists, doesnt mean its the same thing. Certain bugs have priority, some can wait, but new content must be released to support work. Its a simple matter of revenue.

each server is a copy paste of the first server. so basicly we are all playing on the same type of server, less pvp pve c pve rules and private server rule settings.
the only real fix would be to wipe the game clean, fix the crap they have been breaking each and every years so far and release a server with 0 issues but thats too hard to accomplish since they would have a working products and it scares the hell out of everyone in this game.
imagine a game that has 0 issues. do you imagine how scary that would be

1 Like

Find a game with a forum with no complaints or issues.

EQ, EQemu, ff14 forums, exept for people complaining because the game is “too hard” or because they cant turn the game into a hentai mmo… i have yet to find one where peopel keeps pointing out all the bugs and they never get fixed.

well…there the ESO forum which is the same as funcoms forums. peopel pointing broken game mechanics and dev scripter coders and janitors totally ignoring their incomes and releasing broken stuff piled on more broken stuff

Your pics also don’t zero out from Gelocations either… i mean US sure, has majority of the player base but outside US it gets pretty low rank/numbers fast… Ping isn’t the only issue on why non-US people would play - Raid Times add to the case as well…

In software there is no real “hard death” more “soft slow painful death” and when you declare something dead doesn’t mean it zero’d out, it means the decline is trending downward with no active foreseeable stimuls to make it revert… a roadmap or something of “hope” would be worthwhile now, but tbh between Official Servers being plagued with bad behaviours and private audiences being fragmented off… people including myself would love to see another wave of a push for the game…

As sitting on a private server honestly is boring af compared to officials. Cheating sucked but there was always fresh recruits ot the game coming/going to make it interesting.

Going to have to say you’re wrong right there, I have seen one thread pop up rather frequently on the FFXIV forums (and in several players’ Lodestone blogs), for an issue that Square Enix either won’t or can’t fix, it’s an issue that has been persisting for years, although not a game-breaking bug (and Square Enix has let a few of those slip by, some bad enough to even crash entire servers, at least Funcom hasn’t managed that yet.), it is one that has been around for far too long.

I’ve seen a few other forums for games where developers blatantly ignore bug reports too, one particularly bad one for it is the official PlayStation website. They have subforums for their first-party titles, people report bugs there, and even in subforums related to hardware issues, guess who ends up helping the OP in these posts about 99% of the time? Not Sony or any of the development teams, it’s other users, and even then it’s only ever temporary fixes, because unlike the devs, they can’t offer permanent solutions.

at this point with the population in this game dying off fast, wiping server would totally kill the game.

you pick the games fate:

• cremation
  • burrial

xD

hmm tough one. Fire