Will Agent rewards be worth it overall?

Yep, as I am not minmaxer or OCD the one and only thing I look forward is the lore and stories behind the each agent and mission.

And I will add my disappointment, there is no chance to see our agents as our NPCs in game. With FC resources I had no hope to have them as permanent companions, but had hope at least to have them at 50 lvl in Agharta or our faction HQ.

1 Like

That would crowd up the HQ and Agartha pretty badly though, considering the amount of agents in place already, not to mention in future releases…

So at least some special private HQ. Oh wait… housing.

Anything like that would be faaaaaaar down the line at the very least, it’s not very feasible given the current constraints the game devs have.
Private HQs sound a bit too much too really, housing would be nice one day sure but private HQs… ehhhh, we’re not important enough for our factions for that to be a thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

My biggest gripe is how this feature will have no interaction with us. I understand your arguments and we all know the resources for SWL are limited and FC is not going to change it. But some very limited interaction with our agents would be nice. At least we could get time from time some sms from them. This would not be so complicated to implement. No new mechanism, no extra cost of voice recordings… and it would be cool.

An SMS telling you they’ve completed the mission is exactly the same as reading the mission report though.

1 Like

I didn’t mean mission report. I mean time from time get some sms from my agent. In the similar way as in other games your companions have voiced comments.

It would be a nice touch if all destillates were purified.

1 Like

Wait what now? :smiley:

Something to keep in mind is that the Star Trek Online ‘Admiralty’ system is somewhat similar to Agents, and even with ‘moderate value’ rewards it has gotten to the point where people say there is barely any reason to play anymore. Just log in twice a day, click click click launch 4-8 Admiralty/Agent missions, and you’ve gotten more reward than if you played for 2-3 hours.

Better to start small and scale it up, than start too big and have to nerf it back later.

4 Likes

Depends on how I value my time. 800 cc is not worth it to me.

My Husbeast and I were saying something along this line as well when we were watching the Dev stream. It’s quite similar to the Duty Officer (DOf) missions in STO. And while the rewards for completing DOf missions in STO aren’t huge they do add up to getting you components for your gear upgrades. I’m down with that.

The rewards seem fine to me. 800 cc doesn’t move a red talisman much and it costs a lot of shards, but shards are easy to make and you’re doing almost nothing to get that 800cc. It’s basically the same reward as opening a purple container or doing a lair, except with less work.

It’s really just something new to do, extra achievements, extra collections, gives an excuse to go do old missions, run dungeons and scenarios, basically play the game looking for dossiers. Since it looks like season 2 is coming soonish, it’s a little something different to pass the time waiting.

It’s certainly not supposed to replace running E10 content.

3 Likes

Dragon for life… undueing that which the Templars and Illuminati work to do…

1 Like

It was from a Tier 4 mission,

You’re talking about the 800xp distillate, right? I meant the 125xp one.

Looking forward to this. Hoping rewards are worthwhile. If not will collect agents as an ongoing treasure hunt until rewards buffed or higher level missions surface. Kind of expecting lower level missions to pay poorly…

1 Like

Since we won’t be putting any effort into getting the rewards, how can the rewards not be worth it? All we would be doing is sending out our agents, correct? It’s money for nothing, so to speak.

3 Likes

The real rewards from my point of view are the passives. The distillates is just icing on the cake.

4 Likes

The rewards in my opinion are the mission topics are the lore and story gained as a result of the mission. I hope they are worth it. Mr. Wilde is optimistic as well.

2 Likes