World Bosses have WAY too much health

This request is specifically for Single Player where there will not be any friends to speed things along. I expect most MP servers will not lower the boss HPs, so nothing will change for anyone who likes the new HP.

6 Likes

After reading this last night I went on a world boss rampage and I have to agree the HP increase creates tedium since the boss AI is very limited. I also agree that boss HP and Damage Sliders would be a very nice addition for player run servers…

Another discussion is giving all the bosses hyper armor which would make most if not all of them unsoloable. I am not a fan of making anything in the game Solo proof. All this will result in is people hanging bosses up on a rock and spend 5hrs plinking them with a bow…

I think the answer is to take their time and work the world boss AI to have a few more attacks and make those attacks less predictable. This will mean skilled, well prepared players can solo the bosses but everyone else will need to bring a friend or two.

HP increases always add tedium…There are ways to speed killing them up a bit but at the core its a short term and unappealing fix IMO.

5 Likes

800 snake arrows to take the tiger boss down 1/2 hp lol

1 Like

Yeah I would go with Medium armor and a Greatsword…Do a heavy rotation then dodge back keep your stamina at half or better and repeat until dead that works on Tiger and Bug (Not the Spider).

Bow took forever before the HP buff.

1 Like

Amen to that.
When a lvl 56 can’t even dent a boss Gators Tank that’s Bull Feathers.
Also we need a compass.
Agree with Lucascraft and others.
Thank You

I actually like that there is no compass. I think that Funcom did an excellent job with the world. It is relatively easy to navigate by land marks. It just takes time to explore and get familiar with the geographic features of the landscape.

7 Likes

I do not see nothing bad in adding a slider to control bosses HP. If there is a SP option, it means that the game should be playable totally in SP and not only in part.
It’s great the idea that a SP could adjust many parameters of the game to fit every preference. Most of those parameters can be set save bosses HP and this prevents to have a full SP experience.

2 Likes

Speaking Words of wisdom ,Let it be.Let it be.
Good job all.
Thanks All

Hey Tika That’s what I do .
If you are going south pull up map then you see something east look at map again you still face south.
That’s alll I wanted to state now with compass you don’t need to open just run in that direction,I know its Chicken S##t just used to compass.
Again thanks Tika

1 Like

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it “Chicken -Expletive Deleted- (Excrement Deleted?)”. I think it is more a bit of shock to the system for those used to a compass and/or minimap while playing certain other games. When I started, I wanted the ability to toggle a minimap. However, now, I rather love the “simple elegance” of the UI and fully enjoy the ease with which the world can be visually navigated.

1 Like

I believe that I’ve read every post and this was not mentioned.

As a possible temporary workaround, when deciding to hunt world bosses in a local game, one might consider testing some changes in the serversettings.ini file or on the fly with console commands and see how that affects the fights.

Something like:

SetServerSetting NPCHealthMultiplier .8

(and lower as needed)

Of course, you’d want to change it back before returning to your normal routine as all the regular mobs would simply fall to a steaming pile of goo at the mere sight of you.

Yup. It takes ages to kill a stupid scorpion king. It’s sooo boooring!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is what I intend to do, but from the opposite side, by increasing damage output using the slider during the fight, and putting it back down afterwards.

Thank you all for advice

Yes. That’d likely be a more effective solution and I hadn’t thought of it. Less tedious as well since it has a slider. But also, my thoughts were just toward attempting to mitigate the additional health. It might even be more fun playing with the damage output.

Honestly seems like it would about the same, other than the slider. If you put it to 10x damage or 0.1 hitpoints, though maybe the 10x damage would cause more fun ragdolls?

On the last live stream They had mention being able to increase the number of thralls that you can take with you (which is apparently 1 normally) So that you could take 3-4 lvl 3 fighters outfit them in gear and have them act as a party.

That is an interesting concept… I haven’t been willing to risk a thrall in combat as there is only one camp I can currently get thralls from without them falling through the ground. And in Single player they take forever to actually work as when you aren’t playing nothing crafts obviously. I’m trying to dial in the thrall craft timer in a bit so it feels like it takes time but doesn’t take 4 days.

If that were implemented and it actually worked… the bosses HP would still be about 25-50% too high. lol (Though I’ve only tangled with the Gator and Scorpion since coming back… and I was level 28 which maybe too low a level to actually know for sure)

Yes the elite players can solo them easily but not everyone can. Also if that is the case remove get a bosses head and The Abysmal Snake from the Journey until a later Chapter.

1 Like

Except it doesn’t work that way. At all.

I was experimenting with different Purge setting in my single player game yesterday.
I have t2 base in the Pirate ship area so I placed 2 t3 thralls (700 HP, full heavy armor with tridents) and named captain (also full heavy with an ancient hammer) and triggered a lvl 4 Purge. Immediately encountered a sounding bug (those purge horns woun’t stop blowing a second :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:), but choose to continue for the science. So, it was a spider clutch, we dispatched all of the spiders rather quickly, but then the spider boss showed up… All of my fighters where dead in 15 seconds and they didn’t even scratch a boss. Luckily for me boss glitched in some broken foundation, that way I was able simply to stand and bash him with my trident. After 10 min of heavy attacking I took down half of his HP and then purge time was over so boss just disappeared.

Keep in mind this is live build with bosses having less HP. You might say on TEST LIVE they buffed thrall’s HP, but they also buffed bosses HP.

I have to say - FUNCOM’s idea of having thralls to protect your base from the Purge while you are offline is laughable to say the least. It kinda reminds me when you had to pick around 100(!) berries to make a single glass of wine. Same way you have to train around 30-40 fighters and equip them with silent legion armor and star metal hammers so they would have ANY chance to fight the boss. And if it’s a spider it still be useless, because they all will die from poison in 2-3 minutes.

I agree with the OP:

For Un-Official servers this should be an Option.
For Official Servers…Working as Intended. :slight_smile:

wait they have even more health on Test Live?

They have too much health on Live. It is just dumb how much they have to be perfectly honest. If the Thrall thing isn’t workable then there is a need.

It is kinda a mute point right now until they fix the thrall falling through the earth thing as it kinda breaks the game.