World Bosses have WAY too much health

I know it’s not the exact same as what you went through, but I do have to agree with what you said. I build a small encampment near Sepermeru so I could farm a few thralls from there. I decided to put up some tents, cages, etc…decorate it a bit and make it look nice. I then proceeded to fill it with thralls, to give it that feeling of it being lived at. I have T1/T2/T3 fighters/archers there, around 8 in total. So it’s pretty mixed.

Well, while I was walking around there last night, I noticed a random T2 fighter guard wandered into my little camp. I decided to see what my thralls could do, so I punched the guy to get him to attack me. All of my thralls started beating on him, which is what I wanted, but then I noticed that he killed one of them. Then he killed another. He finally went down after 2 of them were dead, but the fact that out of 8 he was able to kill 2 is what bugged me.

Now, to be fair, they were all in black hand leather and only had the weapons they started with. I haven’t upgraded much else until I’m comfortable with players not killing them. Even with that, though, I don’t feel like that guard should’ve killed 2 of them. Sure, maybe 1, but not 2. If these guys are supposed to protect me from the purge, I’m not impressed.

They badly need some creativity worked into “boss fights”. Perhaps making them harder by summoning adds, aoe attacks, special debuffs, attack patterns, using the environment in a special way, blinding the player, calling up sandstorms, requiring certain poisons to damage them, even perhaps low damage tank builds players can spec into so they can attack the boss and keep aggro, while their thralls kill the boss(As it stands now the boss simply attacks whoever hit it last) Weak points(bow the spiders eyes for increased damage/set the croc on fire to receive temporary stunlock on the boss etc). In the current system the best way to kill bosses is to apply as many bleeds and poisons as you can(snakes arrows, daggers, poison). These boss fights do NOT feel unique at all…they feel like giant damage sponges. Killing a legendary creature/boss should feel like an accomplishment you earned through creative gameplay/teamwork…NOT through 45 minutes of healing and mindlessly smashing away at something.

I know Funcom is in “Feature Lock” right now, and only fixing bugs and tweaking numbers. They are not adding anything new to the game. Sliders for World Boss health and damage would be considered new features.

So I propose that in the short-term, you tweak some numbers for singleplayer to reduce the health of world bosses and make the game more solo-friendly at launch.

And in the long term i.e. after launch of the game and in a post-launch patch that you add in the requested sliders to allow players more control over world bosses.

Really, it just boils down to tedium. Fighting the same monster for 30+ minutes and slowly whittling down its insane health pool is not challenging and it is not engaging gameplay. It is tedium.

If you want to create a challenge, give the world bosses unique attacks. Give them combos. Give them interesting movesets. Giving them insane HP does not increase the difficulty. It only increases the frustration factor.

Sliders aren’t going to be enough for players who are in small numbered clans (i.e. 3 player clan on an official server with no admin). Perhaps some sort of modifier where the boss is stronger or weaker based on the number of players within close proximity? This may be too complicated to code, I’m not sure.

Legendary Creatures and bosses do not need this current kludge. However, currently their AI is so boring the HP had to be increased as to make certain players would stay focused and not make a mistake.

The real solution is that these ‘Legendaries’ should do some AoE type stuff. Perhaps a rage spin, or a Croc Death Flip Roll, or a Spider Web Plunder…a couple of these ‘Cool Tricks’ would make these things really dangerous. Then simply drop the HP down (adding a slider would be nice for Private Server Admins) and let the players have a challenge but fun. Keys could RNG as well and all would be happy.

The sad part is that they would be 100% more challenging with lower HP and being more of them at the same time :confused:

Say, if you instead of fighting a giant rocknose(*) or scorpion with 40000 HP, you’d fight 4 or 5 smaller ones with ~7000 HP, it would be more challenging and you can even scale the encounter to the number of players around… say, you start with one or two, and if new players aproach or there are more than two players, you add a third/four/fifth, and so on…

I mean, like this guy -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1442385396
He’s ridiculous… he uses the same animations than the lesser ones, but instead he covers an anormous area around him when he sweeps around like mad… the animations aren’t designed for that size, IMO.

1 Like

World bosses are not fun to fight. Period. They just soak up damage and hit like a freight train, turning each fight into either fighting for 45 minutes while not being allowed to make a single mistake (or be punished severely), or finding ways to cheese the boss until it’s dead, or you die from boredom, first.

After all, why bother fighting fair when the boss can 2 hit kill you through your epic armor while tanking more damage than titanium? Better to just build up several foundations and plunk it with poison arrows until it surrenders to the aggressive tickling.

Or plonk down a bedroll and keep RMB spamming until it murders you. Respawn, continue.

It’s dumb. And Rotbranch is the worst of them so far, considering how he does that “swing fists in an angry circle” attack that hits you through your shield at any range 360 degrees even if he’s facing away from you.

Point is, have fun dying or wasting an hour of your life for a maybe payoff.

1 Like

Killed world Boss Spider and Need a long long time for a Bad legendary weapon.
Play alone to over powered.
Bugcom must be Patch, when you Play alone, kill bosses faster…
Want to kill the next world Boss and the Game was in fight Buggy and lag. So i die and After Return my Body dont be there. Legendary Weapon gone😂 Epic armor gone. Again
Before no ps4 Patch come out, i dont play this crap.
So waiting month again.
Last Game from Bugcom. Sorry but this is the truth

If playing single player, just up the damage of yourself in the admin controll. Fight the boss, and then set it back down if you wish.

These bosses are for multiplayer encounters and take mere minutes to kill (2-3) for a small group of players. Personally it takes me about 5-8 minutes solo using bleeds and poison.

Asking for solo friendly content is a bit selfish though. All the rest of the content is soloable and easily so. And to quote an old post:

“You don’t need raiding gear if you’re not raiding.”

There’s no reason for a solo player to seek legendaries. There’s no solo content that requires it.

Using what gear, and at what level? That impacts time to kill a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.