Dismantling Bench gives carcases

Put a feather in the Dismantling bench by accident. Got a carcass back.

The Iron bars returned Iron ore.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done it. Iā€™ve created an infinite stone/crystal generator

One crystal dismantles into a rocknose carcass. One rocknose carcass in the fluid press turns into ten stone and ten crystals. Repeating process generates infinite and exponential crystals, with stone as a byproduct.

EDIT: Upon further playing, it also dismantles various pelts into their respective carcasses, creating infinite dead animals.

EDIT EDIT: Live animals break into their cubs, giving do-overs of getting greaters.

Yeah, someone posted about this already. It has this problem with a lot of things. Carcasses, pelts, gold bars, crystals, all kinds of stuff.

It seems very broken. I can generate infinite hardened steel without ever leaving my house.

Well it is brand new, so itā€™s not unexpected. In fact up until a day or two ago it was nothing more than a placeholder object in the admin panel.

You can also revive cooked fish into live ones. :slight_smile: - I love the bench and look forward to it being balanced. Being able to ā€˜recycle downā€™ is great.

Hi!

Did the following short tests with the dismantling bench:

Dismantle Insulated wood = 1 dry wood 2 resin = Unlimited resin but making insulated wood with a carpenter only costs 1 resin = Unlimited resin

Dismantle iron reinforcement = 2 iron bars = Unlimited iron since ironreinforcements costs 1 iron to make when using a blacksmith

Dismantle flawless steel mace with a level 4 blacksmith gives 19 steel but only costs 12 steel to makeā€¦ Thus Unlimited steel

Disassembe 1 hide gives 2 hyena pelt and then 2 hyena pelts gives 3 hide in the armor bench = Unlimited hide and hyena peltsā€¦

Also, the number of items you can but into a dismantling bench looks like 5 in the GUI but a vertical scrollbar appears when putting in more so conclusion is that you can put in an unlimited number of items. Is this intentional?

Conclusion:

1. Check all disassembly for things that can be made with a ā€œdiscountā€. You forgot to take thralls into consideration when making items.
  2. Test ALL Items in the game so it does not give MORE than it costs to make themā€¦

Is that dismantling bench a good idea? The server im in and invested months already got ruined by malicious hackers and Iā€™m worried that this thing will not be fixed entirely, that this thing could be a another grieferā€™s ā€œtoolā€. And Iā€™m already waiting for the remaining of this group of criminals to be gone so i can finally play and repair, but now thereā€™s new content for them to explore, and Im not sure if they will be completely gone, thereā€™s very little people left.

1 Like

It is on TestLive and is a player requested Idea. Based on what I have seen, it is not supposed to take a feather for example and give you a carcass. Funcom is aware of the issue and I expect we will see changes on how this bench works.

Hey there,

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Please donā€™t forget to post these issues in our focus thread here:

It does help us greatly to track down all these issues!
Thanks

I agree, the more i read, it is more of a redo tool than a dismantling bench. An it opens itself to a new duping mechanic. Really need this ironed out before it ever sees live servers. When i first read there was going to be a recycle station, i thought of something much simpler and limited. Something that gave some basic mats for loot you didnā€™t want from NPCā€™s / Raids (a lttle use for what one considers trash and just drops). Now it seems like a farming tool that removes most of the survival aspect of going into the wild for mats of any kind.

I saw a comment from one of the Devā€™s in the CE modding Discord that it has been fixed. I am not sure if it has been updated/patched to TestLive. have not tested that yet.

No testlive update but yes the devs have fixed some of the current dismantling bench ā€˜featuresā€™.
the fixed version will only accept weapons, armor pieces and building parts. the outcome is reduced to 40% of the base crafting costs. weapons and armor pieces of altars are under investigation (source: modding discord).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.