Do we really need Legion armor?

Fierce Vitality by itself is not a problem. The real problem is armor value reduces environmental damage.

1 Like

you sure?
i run naked in the volcano or frosty mountains to farm black ice or gold
i do not think that should work

2 Likes

This is not a Vit30 perk problem either.
The thing is if you farm black ice nodes or obsidian nodes with obsidian tools - you can get a full load before you loose a significant amount of health - just because too often nodes are stretched along east-west line. So you just run from node to node and if you health drops down to the uncomfortable point all you have to is go 20 meter south, lowering frostbite debuff to “cold” and start getting you health back via Fierce Vitality. This is more about map design and not the Fierce Vitality by itself.

If you you want to do dungeon only, you can go in without armor with vit30 perk.
All flawless armors with heat resist will provide enough survability with vi30 perk, epic flawless provides temperature resistance you need.

I mainly play in light armor and I don’t have issues with anything .
I sometimes play in medium armor and I still don’t have issues.
Last time I used heavy armor, I wanted to jump off the cliff and kill myself because it is tedious to use it and if hp regen ever gets fixed, it will require a lot more of healing to keep yourself alive compared to light and medium armors.
Flawless hyperborean would be better than silent legion if it actually existed legitimately in game.

Different playstyles do exist in this game, and they are based on combination of perks and armor.
As far as weapons goes, some weapons are not viable in any situations compared to others, some are heavily specialized at specific tasks

2 Likes

I believe that best build would be mixing up silent legion chest and gloves + flawless cimmerian steel boots, helmet and pants, or hyperborean boots, helmet and pants.

You can get + 9 str and + 3 vit
or
You can get + 3 str and + 9 vit
or
You can get + 7 str and + 5 vit /or/ + 5 str and + 7 vit depending how you mix up all those armors

now add + 3 elixir for str and vit and +3 warpaint for one of this stats and you can get for example +11 str and +10 vit

now add 1h sword with +5 vit and we have:

39+11 str
35+10+5 vit
(this armor build and stats + Aloe soup or Abysmal meat… WOW!)

and enough point for some enc and grit

But perhaps more interesting change would be melee weapon classification for Strength (1h mace, 2h swords, hammers, 1h axes) and Agility (daggers, javelins, spears, 1h swords) based weapons.
= Str based would received +% damage from Str
= Agi based would received +% damage from Agi

this would also help the game with more armor/weapon diversity in PvP-PvE.

Aquilonian, stygian soldier and perhaps others has no real use for most players due to + agility

1 Like

I have a vault almost full of silent legion armor sets, all from my enemies. Like you said, I’ve killed them with and without having silent leg gear on myself, but it defeats the point of other type of gear.

Literally nothing else people wear when they know they are going for PVP, because why would they?

plus 1+ to this suggestion

Edit: I am aware of the silent legion combinations, however since silent legion is so easy to acquire and gives so much stat boost, it makes STR boost build combinations very safe with 600 armor (2 legion pieces) and the cimmerian vitality one even easier, hopefully we wont see epic flawless cimmerian thralls anytime soon that would ruin everything worse than legion gear

2 Likes

When I take them off of people I dye them so that I can keep them straight. Anybody killed by bleeding to death gets a red sash. People in Legion always forget to bring bandages…

maybe i was not clear enough…
i do not loose health, i farm until all nodes are gone (50enc perk), then i go home with 100% hp
i farm naked or in light armor instead of SL because it drains less stamina and i pose no threat so people leave me alone.

on the other hand i tried heavy vanir armor for black ice farming two weeks ago and died to frostbite…
so vit 30 and optionally armor for decoration it is.

why would they bring bandages? you cant heal on the move and they dont stop bleeding.

I’d say each piece of the Silent Legion armor should come with a corruption hit. Something like 10% per piece so wearing the full set would be fully corrupted. The game lore supports this, and it’d be a proper trade-off for having the best armor value in the game, arguably the best look, and the most balanced stat distribution.

Like, everytime someone states “but other armors give bonus to one solid stat” I can’t help but laugh a little. The only real powerful perk at the 40 and 50 levels is the 40 point strength perk, and the rest while nice are all mostly fluff, while survival and accuracy are defacto dump stats anyways. It’s more beneficial to have your stat bonuses spread out than stacked into any single perk tree as the perks currently are. I’d much rather have 4 stats hitting the 30 and 40 perks than 1 at 50 and one other at 30.

They do stop bleeding.
I give my bandage test results here:

1 Like

@ExNihiloish This was a very good resource, and helps explain why I’ve only gotten a bleed on Legion once. I had to repair a piece or two of that particular armor before I could dye it. Thralls are great armor racks.

1 Like

Only certain attacks cause bleed. Such as Heavy attack 2, 3 and 4 from daggers, heavy 4 from axes, heavy 4 from spears, etc. I’m sure people typically kill their enemies before a bleed attack can land - at least in PvE, I don’t PvP so I wouldn’t really know about that.

Yes they are! With all the thrall bugs, their best use is to display armor as if they were living mannequins.

It’s a mixed bag, really. I think the armor is such a wildcard in PVP, and it was only because I stunlocked him with a nerfed Cimmerian Battle Axe. He had to have been a mule. I was way too low-powered to have fought him ordinarily, and had just scrounged a set of hardened daggers, didn’t have much to lose but waaay distressed Vanir plus Kambujan Helmet and a potion.

Having seen your edit: as solo PVP, I depend on and can rely on my manpower, and use the tar out of them. Literally. :smiley:

Silent Legion is the best armor for two purposes:

Dueling.
and
Frontline Brawlers.

PVP is so much more than those two attributes. Personally I use a set of Light Armor for PVP since I use a Sapper/Engineering build (gonna keep this one confidential since its so damned effective). I’ve seen a few others use the Stygian Raider for Archer support (don’t need more than one or two of these people). And then the most common is Vanir Heavy/Medium.

But usually people run Silent Legion when they want to gank. Its the best dueling armor in the game hands down. So you roll up on some dude in a gathering build, gank them, and pick up what you want. But when larger scale PVP happens like in an online raid, where it is a 5v5 or more scenario. SL armor tends to get put away for something a bit cheaper.

When it guarantees a win, people use SL. When its not certain, its put away.

The only change I would consider is changing the cost to be a bit more expensive. And require some more exotic materials. It doesn’t need to be nerfed. Nerf it and another armor takes its place. Probably Cimmerian Steel. And then you’ll all want that nerfed since it will beat everything in the same scenarios as SL does now.

1 Like

Silent Legion is just way to easy to make right now, why did they remove the heart from craft makes no sense just like a lot of other stuff doesn’t, balance in this game is mess right now.

1 Like

I agree. If they increased respawn time of the boss and make pvp servers drop ONE heart instead of two and then reintroduce hearts into the recipes the legion would be balanced. It would still be OP as hell but crafting full set would require some effort and loss of the set would be painful. Now you can just spam-craft silent legion cause its easier to make than any lvl 60 flawless epic gear and its so much better than any of them in terms of survivabilty.

same with vaults - cost is inadequate to its efficiency.

1 Like

The heart is pretty easy to get.

I would think some rare lotus flower/powder (when they’re all working). In addition to a heart.

I wouldn’t be opposed to making it a boss key as well. Use the key in the grinder to make some substance, you get 3-4 of and one or two is used in each piece. This would be the alternative to the rare lotus I said above.

This could open up crafting a medium version and other versions of legendary armors. You can make them, use them and they are about the best. But they are really expensive to lose. Maybe enough to limit their use.

The big issue in this is if you were to change it’s cost too many people already have it so it would need a wipe to make the new recipe effective.

My personal thoughts are make certain armoursgive negative effects as well like SL give 15-25% permanent curse when equipped. I feel if they added things like this it would make PVP more risk reward balanced

Same thing with vaults that need a mechanic change to make them more balanced my suggestion here would be to make them unable to be repaired

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.